The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
ilank14
ilank14

Price of Queen coins skyrocket as cash faces revamp Empty Price of Queen coins skyrocket as cash faces revamp

Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:59 am
Have you guys in the UK noticed much of this sort of thing happening?

Hope this isn't too soon for anyone but felt it's relevancy trumped that notion.

https://www.news.com.au/finance/money/price-of-queen-coins-skyrocket-as-cash-faces-revamp/news-story/1e208bae7a019e064a567981548cc697

Admin likes this post

tray
tray

Price of Queen coins skyrocket as cash faces revamp Empty Re: Price of Queen coins skyrocket as cash faces revamp

Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:06 am
Yes the royal mint has had queues every day. The prices will settle again. Does make you wonder if it is a good time to sell some or just keep hold of it

Admin and ilank14 like this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Price of Queen coins skyrocket as cash faces revamp Empty Re: Price of Queen coins skyrocket as cash faces revamp

Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:19 pm
Maybe it would be a good time to sell a bit. The only trouble is that I don't have much I want to sell, although I do have a spare set of the Dragon Bar coins that I could be persuaded to part with for a suitably exorbitant amount.

tray
tray

Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:24 pm
That's my problem

Admin likes this post

Rod Panhard
Rod Panhard

Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:44 pm
Must admit I simply don't get this at all, her face must be on trillions of coins worldwide, I can put my hand in my pocket full of loose change right now and pull out her portrait.  I can see the special edition tribute coins if they are nicely done and the absolute last one with her portrait on it being collectable but that's about it.

Admin
Admin
Admin
https://www.thepreciousmetalforum.com

Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:51 pm
Rod Panhard wrote:Must admit I simply don't get this at all, her face must be on trillions of coins worldwide, I can put my hand in my pocket full of loose change right now and pull out her portrait.  I can see the special edition tribute coins if they are nicely done and the absolute last one with her portrait on it being collectable but that's about it.

cheers  Spot on!!! 

I have the Platinum Jubilee 1/2 Proof Sovereign in gold that I have already seen shoot up in value. 
I have ordered a few things only because I want to put some sets together.

I may or may not sell them, but might keep them for my boys for memory sake. 

There are some coins and even trinkets which are and will be collectable in years to come. Those now who are seeking to cash in quickly are only helping out the Royal Mint and some others with their greedy pockets. 

In fact I noticed you can buy the 2 oz Tutor beasts ( lion I believe ) much cheaper from the mint than you can for the new 2 oz coin.. and people are then adding a premium on top of that too!  Evil or Very Mad

I do find that silver is cheaper and the Royal Mint cashing in on the 2oz Tudor beast a bit disgusting

Rod Panhard likes this post

tray
tray

Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:59 pm
Still trying to get the last queen's beast and Britannias so wait for the madness to calm down

Admin and Rod Panhard like this post

Rod Panhard
Rod Panhard

Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:20 pm
Admin wrote:
Rod Panhard wrote:Must admit I simply don't get this at all, her face must be on trillions of coins worldwide, I can put my hand in my pocket full of loose change right now and pull out her portrait.  I can see the special edition tribute coins if they are nicely done and the absolute last one with her portrait on it being collectable but that's about it.

cheers  Spot on!!! 

I have the Platinum Jubilee 1/2 Proof Sovereign in gold that I have already seen shoot up in value. 
I have ordered a few things only because I want to put some sets together.

I may or may not sell them, but might keep them for my boys for memory sake. 

There are some coins and even trinkets which are and will be collectable in years to come. Those now who are seeking to cash in quickly are only helping out the Royal Mint and some others with their greedy pockets. 

In fact I noticed you can buy the 2 oz Tutor beasts ( lion I believe ) much cheaper from the mint than you can for the new 2 oz coin.. and people are then adding a premium on top of that too!  Evil or Very Mad

I do find that silver is cheaper and the Royal Mint cashing in on the 2oz Tudor beast a bit disgusting

I need to pick up 2x of the latest 2oz Tudor Best Yales. I see Martin at Silver Trader is releasing his in a few days time so I'm hoping to get in quick when he does and also hoping the supply and price are still decent. I got an e-mail from Atkinsons a few weeks ago offering a pre-order on these and the price was reasonable but I left it preferring to give Martin the business instead so I hope I've not made a mistake.

Admin likes this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:03 pm
I got an offer to pre-order from Bullion by Post and, like you @Rod Panhard I'm waiting for Martin to list them. If it's a mistake we'll be making it together, but somehow I don't think so.

Admin, Rod Panhard and ShortJohnSilver like this post

Rod Panhard
Rod Panhard

Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:31 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:I got an offer to pre-order from Bullion by Post and, like you  @Rod Panhard I'm waiting for Martin to list them. If it's a mistake we'll be making it together, but somehow I don't think so.

If I spot them first I'll give you the heads up, I'm a bit of an insomniac so good for stuff posted in the silly hours.

Admin likes this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:35 pm
I might email Martin and register my interest. He does try to be helpful to regular customers.

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:06 pm
Hello  @ilank14 ,  @tray ,  @Rod Panhard  and  @Admin (in order of posting), and anyone else who might be interested.

Just for information, Aurinum are currently listing a rather nice Platinum Jubilee coin. I have just ordered one, and with Paypal fee and postage it came to £63.41. This is a lot for 1 oz, but it is very limited (7,000) and these commemoratives are starting to fetch silly money. I have attached a link below:

https://aurinum.de/1-oz-Silver-Cayman-Island-2022-Queens-70th-Platinum-Jubilee-1952-2022-Prooflike

Admin, Rod Panhard and ilank14 like this post

tray
tray

Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:23 pm
That's a lovely coin. Great price it double that on eBay

Admin likes this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:07 pm
tray wrote:That's a lovely coin. Great price it double that on eBay
Yes, I was very pleased to get it.

Also, for those interested, Powercoin has the Tokelau 2020 proof coin with all six portraits of the Queen (mintage 2000) available on pre-order, and the Westminster Collection has the Perth Mint Platinum Jubilee proof coin (mintage 5,000), both the cheapest around (c£150). They are two of the most attractive commemoratives and I had been wondering about them before the sad events of last week - they were cheaper then dammit. I've looked on eBay and EMK and they are stupidly expensive there. Nobody else seems to have them, but I'm not guaranteeing that I have looked exhaustively.
The first 'In Memoriam' coin seems to be from the Cook Islands, available from EMK on pre-order.

ArcaneCollector
ArcaneCollector

Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:22 pm
I jumped on the bandwagon and got a handful of 2022 sovereigns. But at the usual price, thank goodness!

tray
tray

Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:30 pm
I picked up the double Thursday morning so picked it up before the prices went ridiculous it came today. It's a stunner

Admin
Admin
Admin

Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:56 am
Dang your orders are already arriving!!!

I have been waiting now for 6 days for my orders from EMK and Bullion by post!

I have since received orders quickly from The Silver Trader and some personal orders off of hobbyists. 

Why is EMK and Bullion by post taking so dang long! They have my funds.
tray
tray

Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:13 am
I ordered Thursday morning from bullion it came yesterday, postal strike didn't help. my eBay is also running late hopefully it will get back to normal soon
Admin
Admin
Admin

Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:38 pm
tray wrote:I ordered Thursday morning from bullion it came yesterday, postal strike didn't help. my eBay is also running late hopefully it will get back to normal soon
I just emailed both EMK and Bullion by Post.

I will await the replies from both of them. 

Argh. I have a lot of money tied up in both.
ilank14
ilank14

Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:46 pm
Well that answers my questions in spades, seems the fever is only the more furious over the ditch!
ilank14
ilank14

Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:49 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:Maybe it would be a good time to sell a bit. The only trouble is that I don't have much I want to sell, although I do have a spare set of the Dragon Bar coins that I could be persuaded to part with for a suitably exorbitant amount.

Agreed, this is the issue when there are emotions attached be it for various reason, a profit isn't actually a profit until you've realised it... the same can be said for a loss (for all those hodl'n their crypto) so without a doubt sell some!!

...if you need feel free to use that income to write off a few new purchases but know the difference on what is a collectable and an investment.

Admin likes this post

ilank14
ilank14

Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:51 pm

I know it would be hard to tell what is worth holding onto and what is worth selling if you already have or can find for a bargain... emotions are highest now, it will linger but I doubt it will get much stronger.

Otherwise the basic rule of what is rarest or most significant I assume fetches the highest price!?

ArcaneCollector
ArcaneCollector

Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:57 am
Admin wrote:
tray wrote:I ordered Thursday morning from bullion it came yesterday, postal strike didn't help. my eBay is also running late hopefully it will get back to normal soon
I just emailed both EMK and Bullion by Post.

I will await the replies from both of them. 

Argh. I have a lot of money tied up in both.

Hope they have arrived. I ordered from Sharps Pixley as they were the only ones with sovereigns in stock at the time, other than Tavex, but were a lot cheaper with free delivery. They arrived next day.

Admin likes this post

Admin
Admin
Admin

Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:36 am
Update,   I am stupid ( you all knew that already ) 

EMK  -   My order was a Pre-Sale... I didn't notice that part. But ok I can wait. It will be the end of October. 

Bullion By Post ( normally reliable )   has sent me 1 of a few items I ordered. My order status is partially fulfilled. I have sent them another email this morning as they should have replied yesterday to update me. As they have many vaulting services in the UK.  Rolling Eyes Well that is what they said. I use one and only one. 

So I am still waiting.
ilank14
ilank14

Sat Sep 17, 2022 3:20 am
And yet another article published by the same website...

https://www.news.com.au/finance/money/experts-warn-of-huge-impending-change-to-australian-currency-after-queens-death/news-story/72f729b6c8c342781f8ece0bfb519834

Admin likes this post

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum