The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://www.thepreciousmetalforum.com

Happy Halloween Everyone.  Empty Happy Halloween Everyone.

Mon Oct 31, 2022 11:13 am
Just wanted to say have a goolish day, 

Post any fancy dress up pictures here if you dare. 

lol!
Happy Halloween Everyone.  Hallow10
ArcaneCollector
ArcaneCollector

Happy Halloween Everyone.  Empty Re: Happy Halloween Everyone.

Mon Oct 31, 2022 12:25 pm
Are goolish people from Goole? The only ghoulish thing I plan to do is turn the lights off and eat the sweets I bought for the trick or treaters!

Admin likes this post

Admin
Admin
Admin
https://www.thepreciousmetalforum.com

Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:04 pm
ArcaneCollector wrote:Are goolish people from Goole? The only ghoulish thing I plan to do is turn the lights off and eat the sweets I bought for the trick or treaters!

LOL I knew there was a spelling mistake but couldn't be bothered to fix it.. LOL 

Happy Halloween bud.

ArcaneCollector likes this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:23 pm
From Ghoulies and Ghosties and Long-leggedy Beasties .........
I think we'll be doing much the same @ArcaneCollector The last couple of years I have made an effort - goodies in the jam pan (like a cauldron only cleaner), giant toy spider, and there would be a black cat if I could get him to co-operate. Nobody has been round for the last two/three years even when it was allowed, but I just know that there would be hordes calling if I didn't get anything. So this year I got a tub of Heroes and we will undoubtedly enjoy them all to ourselves.

PS I always thought goolies were something that got kicked in fights.

ArcaneCollector likes this post

tray
tray

Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:03 pm
Happy Halloween

Admin likes this post

ArcaneCollector
ArcaneCollector

Mon Oct 31, 2022 8:27 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:From Ghoulies and Ghosties and Long-leggedy Beasties .........
I think we'll be doing much the same  @ArcaneCollector The last couple of years I have made an effort - goodies in the jam pan (like a cauldron only cleaner), giant toy spider, and there would be a black cat if I could get him to co-operate. Nobody has been round for the last two/three years even when it was allowed, but I just know that there would be hordes calling if I didn't get anything. So this year I got a tub of Heroes and we will undoubtedly enjoy them all to ourselves.

PS I always thought goolies were something that got kicked in fights.

You have described our situation exactly! I think you have to put lights on and a pumpkin in your doorstep as a signal that you are happy to give sweets. Or perhaps parents are too risk averse these days? Or modern kids prefer quinoa and hummus smoothies with vegan soya based climate change defeating snacks?

Admin and Rod Panhard like this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:05 pm
No, @ArcaneCollector , we get several groups of littlies in costume being shepherded round by a couple of mothers, and all the kids I've come across are still happy to scarf their own body weight in chocolate. I've even mentioned it to the family next door, but to no avail. It is now bucketing down, and getting late, so I don't think we will see any now. I've been a bit more canny this year though, and got stuff we will be happy to eat. In the past I got the sort of disgusting rubbish that appeals only to the under-10s (mainly because it came in bigger bags) and then had to give away the lot next door. Come to think of it, that may be why they don't come round: why go to all that trouble when a whole bucketful is brought round gratis.
Roll on Christmas!

Admin and AceBullion like this post

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum