The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Mike
Mike
Posts : 101
Join date : 2022-08-26
Location : T’up North

Secret Santa  Empty Secret Santa

Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:45 pm
@The Cat's Mother
Posting my secret Santa tomorrow- HO HOHO 
 
And here’s a picture of Watson nearly 4 months old 🐾🤣

Admin likes this post

Mike
Mike
Posts : 101
Join date : 2022-08-26
Location : T’up North

Secret Santa  Empty Re: Secret Santa

Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:47 pm
Secret Santa  6f35b210[url=https://servimg.com/view/20453589/31][img]https:

Admin, The Cat's Mother, Rod Panhard and ilank14 like this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother
Moderator
Posts : 1716
Join date : 2021-05-19
Location : UK

Secret Santa  Empty Re: Secret Santa

Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:42 am
What a handsome chap @Mike , but I think he needs a bigger chair! And now we know his name.
I also see that you've updated your details to show your location. Red Rose, White Rose, or neither?

Admin and Mike like this post

Mike
Mike
Posts : 101
Join date : 2022-08-26
Location : T’up North

Secret Santa  Empty Re: Secret Santa

Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:52 am
@The Cat's Mother Red Rose - I’m sure to the disappointment of some 🌹 Lancashire 💙
The Cat's Mother wrote:What a handsome chap  @Mike , but I think he needs a bigger chair! And now we know his name.
I also see that you've updated your details to show your location. Red Rose, White Rose, or neither?
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother
Moderator
Posts : 1716
Join date : 2021-05-19
Location : UK

Secret Santa  Empty Re: Secret Santa

Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:05 pm
Not at all @Mike , I'm delighted to have a fellow Lancastrian to bond with. Even if you do seem to prefer dogs.
I also have to confess that TCF is from Yorkshire - I look on it as a rehabilitation task.

Admin, denby and Mike like this post

Mike
Mike
Posts : 101
Join date : 2022-08-26
Location : T’up North

Secret Santa  Empty Watson

Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:38 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:What a handsome chap  @Mike , but I think he needs a bigger chair! And now we know his name.
I also see that you've updated your details to show your location. Red Rose, White Rose, or neither?
@The Cat's Mother
Ooooh only 4 months and 2 weeks old and already……Secret Santa  8557db10

Admin likes this post

tray
tray
Posts : 495
Join date : 2022-07-02
Age : 51

Secret Santa  Empty Re: Secret Santa

Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:49 pm
He is beautiful

Admin and Mike like this post

Mike
Mike
Posts : 101
Join date : 2022-08-26
Location : T’up North

Secret Santa  Empty Re: Secret Santa

Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:02 pm
tray wrote:He is beautiful
@tray thanks, but I think he’s after the Gin 🤣🍸

Admin and tray like this post

Admin
Admin
Admin
Posts : 2007
Join date : 2021-05-08
Location : England UK
https://www.thepreciousmetalforum.com

Secret Santa  Empty Re: Secret Santa

Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:49 am
Mike wrote:
The Cat's Mother wrote:What a handsome chap  @Mike , but I think he needs a bigger chair! And now we know his name.
I also see that you've updated your details to show your location. Red Rose, White Rose, or neither?
@The Cat's Mother
Ooooh only 4 months and 2 weeks old and already……Secret Santa  8557db10

I must not show him to my boys.... my wife will only allow cats in this house, but they want and have always wanted a dog... I feel horrible because I want one too but got to back up the wife. Soooo we have 2 cats that are well cats.

He is lovely!

Mike likes this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother
Moderator
Posts : 1716
Join date : 2021-05-19
Location : UK

Secret Santa  Empty Re: Secret Santa

Fri Dec 16, 2022 3:09 pm
Hi @Mike . Watson is getting quite a handful! He's probably wondering why you don't get Mason's Gin.
Our cats don't drink gin, which suits me, but Caspar did manage to polish off the remains of a bowl of home-made, quite cognac-y brandy cream one year when he was only a few months old. He was too small to jump on to the kitchen worktop, but got on to a chair and worked his way along from there. He was fine, but he did seem a little, shall we say, unfocussed for the rest of the evening. We now know not to leave anything uncovered in the kitchen. Secret Santa  1f63d

Admin, denby and Mike like this post

Mike
Mike
Posts : 101
Join date : 2022-08-26
Location : T’up North

Secret Santa  Empty Re: Secret Santa

Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:03 pm
Admin wrote:
Mike wrote:
The Cat's Mother wrote:What a handsome chap  @Mike , but I think he needs a bigger chair! And now we know his name.
I also see that you've updated your details to show your location. Red Rose, White Rose, or neither?
@The Cat's Mother
Ooooh only 4 months and 2 weeks old and already……Secret Santa  8557db10

I must not show him to my boys.... my wife will only allow cats in this house, but they want and have always wanted a dog... I feel horrible because I want one too but got to back up the wife. Soooo we have 2 cats that are well cats.  

He is lovely!
Thanks @Admin trouble with Great Danes is he’ll grow to be twice the size and unfortunately he doesn’t realise how big he is now, he wants to play with the neighbours cat and other dogs but he keeps squashing them so they leave him alone. Weighed him at vets today and already 24kilos! Not even 5 months old 🤣🤣. I was hoping he’ll be able to protect my tiny silver collection when he gets older, but apparently the breed would probably lick a burglar to death rather than confront 🐾
Mike
Mike
Posts : 101
Join date : 2022-08-26
Location : T’up North

Secret Santa  Empty Re: Secret Santa

Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:13 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:Hi  @Mike . Watson is getting quite a handful! He's probably wondering why you don't get Mason's Gin.
Our cats don't drink gin, which suits me, but Caspar did manage to polish off the remains of a bowl of home-made, quite cognac-y brandy cream one year when he was only a few months old. He was too small to jump on to the kitchen worktop, but got on to a chair and worked his way along from there. He was fine, but he did seem a little, shall we say, unfocussed for the rest of the evening. We now know not to leave anything uncovered in the kitchen.  Secret Santa  1f63d
@The Cat's Mother cat’s are definitely cleverer than dogs 😻🐾 glad clever Casper 👻 is ok. Was it Christmas time? or are you ‘posh’ and have cognac-y-brandy cream mid week🤣🤣🤣

Admin likes this post

Mike
Mike
Posts : 101
Join date : 2022-08-26
Location : T’up North

Secret Santa  Empty Re: Secret Santa

Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:32 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:Hi  @Mike . Watson is getting quite a handful! He's probably wondering why you don't get Mason's Gin.
Our cats don't drink gin, which suits me, but Caspar did manage to polish off the remains of a bowl of home-made, quite cognac-y brandy cream one year when he was only a few months old. He was too small to jump on to the kitchen worktop, but got on to a chair and worked his way along from there. He was fine, but he did seem a little, shall we say, unfocussed for the rest of the evening. We now know not to leave anything uncovered in the kitchen.  Secret Santa  1f63d
@The Cat's Mother The gin belongs to my lovely wife or as is often said in our house “she who must be obeyed” or simply “the boss”. The Masons Gin is lovely I’m sure but Yorkshire?🤣🤣.
Anyway you actually touched on something there and I do enjoy a good tease- this is more my kind of…….Secret Santa  0c5ccd10

Admin likes this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother
Moderator
Posts : 1716
Join date : 2021-05-19
Location : UK

Secret Santa  Empty Re: Secret Santa

Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:11 pm
Hi  @Mike  - not come across that one. Anyway, as I may have confessed in a previous post, TCF is a Tyke, and we are very close to the border here. So close that we shop in Tod market, where there is a cheese stall to die for and a wonderful butcher. Our Christmas orders are in now. And at least Yorkshire isn't down South!

Oddly enough, I am also known as She who must be obeyed in our household, but I can't say it's always adhered to. Cats don't do obedience. Your Dear Lady sounds like a woman after my own heart, and she would probably like Mason's - especially the Distiller's Strength version, 53% ABV.

Admin and Mike like this post

Mike
Mike
Posts : 101
Join date : 2022-08-26
Location : T’up North

Secret Santa  Empty Re: Secret Santa

Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:35 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:Hi  @Mike  - not come across that one. Anyway, as I may have confessed in a previous post, TCF is a Tyke, and we are very close to the border here. So close that we shop in Tod market, where there is a cheese stall to die for and a wonderful butcher. Our Christmas orders are in now. And at least Yorkshire isn't down South!

Oddly enough, I am also known as She who must be obeyed in our household, but I can't say it's always adhered to. Cats don't do obedience. Your Dear Lady sounds like a woman after my own heart, and she would probably like Mason's - especially the Distiller's Strength version, 53% ABV.

Always love Yorkshire, fine folk and just next door. At least when we ‘up north’ hear a severe whether warning we put a cardigan on! That seems to do the trick!

Admin likes this post

Admin
Admin
Admin
Posts : 2007
Join date : 2021-05-08
Location : England UK
https://www.thepreciousmetalforum.com

Secret Santa  Empty Re: Secret Santa

Sat Dec 17, 2022 10:55 am
What is wrong with Yorkshire? I love it here. The country side, and the sea side... It is everything I love from America but crammed into a small concentrated area called Yorkshire.

I love it here and wouldn't change it for the world.
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother
Moderator
Posts : 1716
Join date : 2021-05-19
Location : UK

Secret Santa  Empty Re: Secret Santa

Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:36 am
Hi  @Mike . I missed your post about the brandy cream - I was beguiled by the gin. It was a Christmas thing, we're not at all posh!  Secret Santa  1f639  Secret Santa  1f639 It was also years ago - the beastie boys are 13 1/2 now - and Caspar had fully recovered the next day. We did tell his vet though, and she thought it was hilarious.
Caspar is the naughtiest of the two though. Occasionally it backfires: he has a trick of going out early in the morning and then wanting to get back in when we are still abed. So he climbs a fence, jumps across to the garage roof, walks along the continuation porch roof and yowls outside the window. This means that one of us (usually me) has to get up and open the window so he can jump in. On Thursday the roof was all frosted over and he couldn't get a grip to jump. After watching and laughing for a few minutes I took pity and opened the front door so he could jump down and get in that way. I bet you won't have that problem with Watson.

Mike likes this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother
Moderator
Posts : 1716
Join date : 2021-05-19
Location : UK

Secret Santa  Empty Re: Secret Santa

Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:41 am
Admin wrote:What is wrong with Yorkshire?   I love it here. The country side, and the sea side... It is everything I love from America but crammed into a small concentrated area called Yorkshire.

I love it here and wouldn't change it for the world.

@Admin , this is the wrong question to ask two Lancastrians. We're still fighting, or at least having lively discussions about, the Wars of the Roses - which weren't about who nicked all the good ones from the tin. The one thing that does unite us is when some Southern jessies start telling us what to do. The battle cardigans come out then.

Admin and Mike like this post

Mike
Mike
Posts : 101
Join date : 2022-08-26
Location : T’up North

Secret Santa  Empty Re: Secret Santa

Sat Dec 17, 2022 8:54 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:Hi  @Mike . I missed your post about the brandy cream - I was beguiled by the gin. It was a Christmas thing, we're not at all posh!  Secret Santa  1f639  Secret Santa  1f639 It was also years ago - the beastie boys are 13 1/2 now - and Caspar had fully recovered the next day. We did tell his vet though, and she thought it was hilarious.
Caspar is the naughtiest of the two though. Occasionally it backfires: he has a trick of going out early in the morning and then wanting to get back in when we are still abed. So he climbs a fence, jumps across to the garage roof, walks along the continuation porch roof and yowls outside the window. This means that one of us (usually me) has to get up and open the window so he can jump in. On Thursday the roof was all frosted over and he couldn't get a grip to jump. After watching and laughing for a few minutes I took pity and opened the front door so he could jump down and get in that way. I bet you won't have that problem with Watson.
@The Cat's Mother do they still bring little gifts home for you. I had a tabby called tiger and every now and then he’d bring half a mouse or something from the fields home 🤣🤣🤣

Admin likes this post

Mike
Mike
Posts : 101
Join date : 2022-08-26
Location : T’up North

Secret Santa  Empty Re: Secret Santa

Sat Dec 17, 2022 8:57 pm
Mike wrote:
The Cat's Mother wrote:Hi  @Mike . I missed your post about the brandy cream - I was beguiled by the gin. It was a Christmas thing, we're not at all posh!  Secret Santa  1f639  Secret Santa  1f639 It was also years ago - the beastie boys are 13 1/2 now - and Caspar had fully recovered the next day. We did tell his vet though, and she thought it was hilarious.
Caspar is the naughtiest of the two though. Occasionally it backfires: he has a trick of going out early in the morning and then wanting to get back in when we are still abed. So he climbs a fence, jumps across to the garage roof, walks along the continuation porch roof and yowls outside the window. This means that one of us (usually me) has to get up and open the window so he can jump in. On Thursday the roof was all frosted over and he couldn't get a grip to jump. After watching and laughing for a few minutes I took pity and opened the front door so he could jump down and get in that way. I bet you won't have that problem with Watson.
@The Cat's Mother do they still bring little gifts home for you. I had a tabby called tiger and every now and then he’d bring half a mouse or something from the fields home 🤣🤣🤣
@Admin same question for you Ace - forgot you had cat

Admin likes this post

Mike
Mike
Posts : 101
Join date : 2022-08-26
Location : T’up North

Secret Santa  Empty Re: Secret Santa

Sat Dec 17, 2022 9:03 pm
Secret Santa  12dc0410
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother
Moderator
Posts : 1716
Join date : 2021-05-19
Location : UK

Secret Santa  Empty Re: Secret Santa

Sat Dec 17, 2022 9:12 pm
@Mike the black cat, Raffles, is an ace hunter. We have had: mice, voles, rats (adult and ratling)and pigeon dumped outside the door. Caught as in seen in his possession but not brought to the door are squirrels and, once, a magpie. We have seen other squirrel and magpie bodies deep in the shrubbery and have our suspicions about who was responsible. His piece de resistance earlier this year was a mandarin duck, which he didn't do away with and which made its way to the pond after we had distracted the cat. Our neighbour came to tell us what he had caught as he had carried it past her patio doors: apparently the sight of him waddling past bowlegged with this great thing in his mouth was the funniest thing she had seen for ages. She was also very understanding when he left half a pigeon behind their wheelie bin: the other half was on our front path. He is also the one who chased a pigeon into another neighbour's conservatory and killed it there. You can imagine the mess! Fortunately they had also had a cat, and were also very understanding. The other cat confines himself to mice and voles, which he eats. We have come to be very careful when opening to door to let them in, and the garden can look a bit like a scene from 'The Godfather', at a smaller scale.

Admin and Mike like this post

Mike
Mike
Posts : 101
Join date : 2022-08-26
Location : T’up North

Secret Santa  Empty Re: Secret Santa

Sat Dec 17, 2022 9:26 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote: @Mike  the black cat, Raffles, is an ace hunter. We have had: mice, voles, rats (adult and ratling)and pigeon dumped outside the door. Caught as in seen in his possession but not brought to the door are squirrels and, once, a magpie. We have seen other squirrel and magpie bodies deep in the shrubbery and have our suspicions about who was responsible. His piece de resistance earlier this year was a mandarin duck, which he didn't do away with and which made its way to the pond after we had distracted the cat. Our neighbour came to tell us what he had caught as he had carried it past her patio doors: apparently the sight of him waddling past bowlegged with this great thing in his mouth was the funniest thing she had seen for ages. She was also very understanding when he left half a pigeon behind their wheelie bin: the other half was on our front path. He is also the one who chased a pigeon into another neighbour's conservatory and killed it there. You can imagine the mess! Fortunately they had also had a cat, and were also very understanding. The other cat confines himself to mice and voles, which he eats. We have come to be very careful when opening to door to let them in, and the garden can look a bit like a scene from 'The Godfather', at a smaller scale.
@The Cat's Mother don’t think I’ll try to introduce Watson. He loves to play with all animals cat’s, birds, dog’s, kids, you name it. However, the thought of having half a Watson at the door isn’t so appealing 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Admin likes this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother
Moderator
Posts : 1716
Join date : 2021-05-19
Location : UK

Secret Santa  Empty Re: Secret Santa

Sat Dec 17, 2022 10:14 pm
Neither of the boys are keen on dogs - at all! They would probably disappear.

Admin likes this post

Jazz
Jazz
Posts : 246
Join date : 2021-05-24
Age : 29
Location : Leeds

Secret Santa  Empty Re: Secret Santa

Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:47 pm
Amazing Christmas card from Jonarms
Secret Santa  Aa80e310
Secret Santa  78582210
Secret Santa  8880ac10

Admin, The Cat's Mother and AceBullion like this post

Sponsored content

Secret Santa  Empty Re: Secret Santa

Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum