The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://www.thepreciousmetalforum.com

A FREE Day... Empty A FREE Day...

Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:01 am
Yep that is right at the moment, I can not think of anything I need or have to do today.. This is a rare thing. Ok actually as I type it I realised I do have 1 thing but that is much later today and I really do not have to do anything but supervise.. Cool Cool Cool Cool

So what you doing ???

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

A FREE Day... Empty Re: A FREE Day...

Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:20 am
I'm going into town to raid the M&S soup shelves and then go to the bank. This afternoon I'm planning on a visit to a local plant nursery to pick up a few poinsettias. The vacuuming is beckoning, but I'm ignoring it.

Admin and AceBullion like this post

tray
tray

Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:22 am
Working again 😞

Admin and AceBullion like this post

AceBullion
AceBullion
Sponsor
https://www.acebullion.com

Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:12 am
Awww Tray, you need to stay at home and be warm. Same to you TCM. Mind you A FREE Day... 20221214
A FREE Day... 20221213

CanadianGoldHunter likes this post

tray
tray

Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:17 am
That's what I keep saying every morning and it's only Tuesday 😅

Admin likes this post

CanadianGoldHunter
CanadianGoldHunter
https://www.instagram.com/labbe_prospecting

Tue Dec 13, 2022 12:14 pm
parenting for the morning until school time, then its project time, got a bunch of sanding to get done on my sons xmas gift to get it ready for staining and assembly. building a scale train trestle for his wood train set lol

A FREE Day... Pictur41
A FREE Day... Pictur42
A FREE Day... Pictur43

Admin and ArcaneCollector like this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Tue Dec 13, 2022 12:16 pm
It's +1 degree here, so ok, and I have a fantastic warm jacket. We're now stocked with enough soup to see us through to Easter, and a selection of goodies for the Christmas Eve buffet. Numbers have been going down year on year, so there's a danger that I'll get too much. I might be sending out food parcels in the New Year. Nursery has confirmed they have plenty of poinsettias so I'll be off out after lunch. Too much to do to worry about the vacuuming.

Admin and CanadianGoldHunter like this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Tue Dec 13, 2022 12:18 pm
@CanadianGoldHunter , you mentioned this in your comments on Jon's video, so it was great to see the photos. It looks good, and the young lad should be well made up with it.

CanadianGoldHunter
CanadianGoldHunter

Tue Dec 13, 2022 12:23 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote: @CanadianGoldHunter , you mentioned this in your comments on Jon's video, so it was great to see the photos. It looks good, and the young lad should be well made up with it.

He has been helping me make and build it, although more getting in the way and being a pain while im trying to get it done lol he loves the idea and thinks its amazing that we can build it ourselves from materials rather than buying it premade lol my hope is that he picks up on the engineering lessons and woodworking lessons im trying to teach him as well as proper tool safety, as is, he is rather careless and thinks doing things fast is better, where ive been trying to show him that taking the time to do things right makes all the difference.

Admin and The Cat's Mother like this post

Admin
Admin
Admin
https://www.thepreciousmetalforum.com

Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:29 pm
@CanadianGoldHunter I think it is absolutely amazing and exciting. The fun he will have later in life when all other fashion gadgets wear out. This will be a memory of you and him. I love it bud... I really really do.

CanadianGoldHunter likes this post

tray
tray

Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:43 pm
He's learning a trade on how to use everything. So many youngsters now just call a tradesman. We all grew up earning this stuff for are own homes now adays it lost it's a shame

CanadianGoldHunter
CanadianGoldHunter

Tue Dec 13, 2022 2:49 pm
tray wrote:He's learning a trade on how to use everything. So many youngsters now just call a tradesman. We all grew up earning this stuff for are own homes now adays it lost it's a shame

I would have to strongly agree with you there @tray , This is why, as a parent, I think it is most important to teach my son these types of things so he has that head start in life and the right mindset to know how to solve problems creatively but effectively.
I was lucky and my Grandfather used to do a ton of woodworking so I got to learn the basics of using tools safely at an early age, my Grandmother was very Artistic so I got to learn the creativity of fine detail and how small things can make a big impact if one but focuses on the details and my Father used to carve soapstone and tinker with electronics and small motors and machinery, so I got to learn the engineering side of things. naturally, I want to pass that on and give my son that same experience and motivation to succeed no matter the obstacle Smile

Admin and The Cat's Mother like this post

tray
tray

Tue Dec 13, 2022 3:02 pm
Yes I think it's so important to know the basics on cooking and washing too

Admin, The Cat's Mother and CanadianGoldHunter like this post

ArcaneCollector
ArcaneCollector

Tue Dec 13, 2022 7:56 pm
Oh to have a day to myself! I average 9 hours a day at work, 5 days a week, leaving 1 weekend day to recharge and 1 day for chores. Then I do it all again. But I suppose that’s the same for many people.

tray
tray

Tue Dec 13, 2022 8:17 pm
Yes that's me too but I have got Xmas week off this year first one in years

Admin, CanadianGoldHunter and ArcaneCollector like this post

ArcaneCollector
ArcaneCollector

Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:18 pm
tray wrote:Yes that's me too but I have got Xmas week off this year first one in years

Nice! I’m working Xmas week to provide cover so my team can have the time off. I like to be a friendly manager. I’m also saving my leave for the summer as walks along the coast are better when you can feel your face!

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:23 pm
As an old person who doesn't have to work - well, not for pay anyway - I feel almost guilty.

Admin, CanadianGoldHunter, denby and tray like this post

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum