The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Welcome Faiz Empty Welcome Faiz

Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:59 pm
Pleased to welcome you to the forum @Faiz , our very latest member. Number 219! We all hope that you have a great time here and enjoy yourself. When you've caught your breath, pick an avatar and tell us a bit about yourself.

Admin and denby like this post

Admin
Admin
Admin
https://www.thepreciousmetalforum.com

Welcome Faiz Empty Re: Welcome Faiz

Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:06 am
219 Already, Well roll me down a hill and call me Daisy.

WOW

Welcome to the forum
Faiz
Faiz

Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:20 am
Hello fellow stackers of shiny things,

Please allow me to introduce myself. I'm Faiz from Birmingham. I'm in my mid 40's with a family of teens. I'm a techie who likes his 8-bit computers and consoles. Ahh the good old day Sad Smile

I starting stacking silver in 2015. Largely coins and bars. More recently, I've taken a liking to the shiny gold stuff, sovs in particular. I was fortunate I started when we could buy VAT free silver from Europe. My reason for stacking? In short, it's my insurance policy against this crazy currency printing world we find ourselves in. The economy is completely off the rails and I don't see it getting better any time soon.

As my background is in computers, you won't be surprised to learn that I'm also into Crypto. I started mining in late 2016. Built my own mining rigs, used to be a thing at the time. Haven't mined for years. Not a good way to spend your money Laughing

I look forward to getting to know you all.

My 2p (the copper one of course)

Faiz

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:43 am
Admin wrote:219 Already, Well roll me down a hill and call me Daisy.

WOW

Welcome to the forum

Good Morning, Daisy. lol!

denby likes this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:52 am
Good morning @Faiz . Crazy avatar!
Thanks for introducing yourself, it really does make for a friendly atmosphere. I think @Admin refers to the forum as a family, and he has a point even if it does sometimes resemble the Addams Family.
You have two years stacking on me. I only started in 2017 when my eye was caught by the Queens' Beasts, and it's been downhill from there. I would say I collect rather than stack, but I am having fun doing so.
I hope we hear a lot more from you over the months (and years), we need more regular posters with something to say.
It will also help enormously if you like cats.

Faiz likes this post

Faiz
Faiz

Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:25 am
Ahh the Queens Beasts. I love the designs and heft of those coins. The only qualm I have about the Royal Mints releases is the milk spotting. I know, I know, its bullion, but I hate it. My Royal Mint coins are riddled with it, including the Queens Beasts.

For me it was the other way around. I started stacking and have since moved to collecting. It's mostly sovereign silver coins at the moment. Your typical Britannia's, Eagles, Maples, etc. I do also like and collect British pre-47 circulated coinage. I love the character and the story those coins tell.

I will contribute where I can. I tend to have short sharp bursts on forums, so you may see a flurry of messages and I may go quiet for a few days. It's mental at the moment. Time is the most precious commodity.

As for cats, I love the curious creatures, but my wife is so afraid of them that we've never had any pets. The kids would love a feline around the house, but "Alas" it was never meant to happen.

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:55 am
You do what you can @Faiz , we have lives outside the forum, and periodic activity is better than none. Also, until you have ten posts you can't PM, which may restrict you a bit if you want to buy from members. Another thing I could mention is that at weekends Admin puts up a chatbox for members and that can be good when someone meets up. It is a bit hit and miss though and I usually advise making a date for a chat.
Shame about your wife's ailurophobia, it must make life a bit difficult for her.

Admin, denby and Faiz like this post

Faiz
Faiz

Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:10 pm
Thanks for the update @The Cat's Mother

Admin
Admin
Admin
https://www.thepreciousmetalforum.com

Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:50 pm
Welcome in my friend, a Young on amongst us. But as a fellow gamer, going way back to well a wooden atari etc .... lol I appreciate all that is great with technology. If your a computer geek I hope you are also up to specs with doing things on computers... I might need to call upon you for a favour or two.

But firstly welcome. I am a father as well with Teens. in my 40s... cough.

And am also Ace Bullion. But dont let that put you off... this is a laid back forum that we hope is FAMILY friendly. That is pretty much why our rules are laid back. Anything not family friendly is removed... But that said woo hooo....

Get those 30 posts in before the time limit, which should be easy and you can enter into our FREE giveaway.

Yep. any questions shout. Our mods and myself are approachable and we hope you enjoy this forum as much as we do.
Faiz
Faiz

Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:48 pm
Awesome, thanks @admin. Sure I will help where I can buddy.

Last edited by Faiz on Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I found my answer regarding the free give away. Thanks)

Admin likes this post

Jazz
Jazz

Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:27 pm
Welcome @Faiz to the forum

Admin, AceBullion and Faiz like this post

Faiz
Faiz

Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:24 pm
Thanks @jazz.