The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
tray
tray

Chatbox - To Be, Or Not To Be? - Page 2 Empty Re: Chatbox - To Be, Or Not To Be?

Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:50 pm
I use WhatsApp and messenger haven't got a landline, but it is very rarely that we do all meet up on the chat line, but it is nice when we do. This time of year is harder as well I work full time so the only chance we get to go out is a weekend then I get invaded by my sons empty and my cupboards. So don't really know what the answer is. Unless one of our threads we used for general chat and delete it once a week

Bondie likes this post

Bondie
Bondie

Chatbox - To Be, Or Not To Be? - Page 2 Empty Re: Chatbox - To Be, Or Not To Be?

Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:55 pm
You may have a plan there  @tray Smile
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:57 pm
Hi @Bondie . It would work for those with a smartphone and who (I assume, I don't know how the apps work) didn't mind giving their contact details. I don't really know what the answer is, but I do feel a bit dispirited sometimes when I call into the wilderness and nobody answers.

Bondie likes this post

Bondie
Bondie

Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:59 pm
@The Cat's Mother do you think tray’s idea is a contender?
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:01 pm
Bondie wrote:You may have a plan there  @tray Smile

It could work: a bit like the threads we have scattered around the place where the discussion wanders way off the original subject. (MLP anyone?)
Incidentally @tray , are you getting a chameleon?

Bondie likes this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

We could just meet up in a pub .....

That would be really good and you never know on my end up your way or one of his bloody dress up things we are Swindon tomorrow

tray and Bondie like this post

tray
tray

I'm just thinking when we normally start a topic about whatever we usually get sidetracked and talk about other things, specially me, If we did one chat that we could come and go and leave a message about anything and just delete it once a week it's just a thought

Bondie likes this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:04 pm
Yes, why not. @Admin , what do you think?
Tray, how did your comment get into my post about pubs?

Bondie likes this post

tray
tray

Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:18 pm
I have no idea. I wonder if I hit edit? I'm multitasking and packing my stuff for the weekend
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:28 pm
tray wrote:I have no idea. I wonder if I hit edit? I'm multitasking and packing my stuff for the weekend

One of life's mysteries.
Enjoy your weekend. If you ever come northwards, Manchester/Leeds etc, get in touch and we can meet up.
tray
tray

Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:34 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:
tray wrote:I have no idea. I wonder if I hit edit? I'm multitasking and packing my stuff for the weekend

One of life's mysteries.
Enjoy your weekend. If you ever come northwards, Manchester/Leeds etc, get in touch and we can meet up.

I'm sure I had edit. Yes definitely. I'll leave him to go and play dress up and we will go to the pub.
For the love of horror, it's either Manchester or Birmingham the end of year he was making noises about that one so it'll be closer
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:45 pm
Manchester is very close - certainly close enough for a get together without an overnight stay (for me, anyway). We're away 7th - 13th October, but otherwise here until next year. You could leave him in Manchester and get the train here (25 mins).
tray
tray

Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:50 pm
I have just looked love of horror is 11-12 November in Manchester l, I will work on him
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:53 pm
tray wrote:I have just looked love  of horror is 11-12 November in Manchester l, I will work on him

I'll lend you my grimoire. That should persuade him.
I've just looked too. The show is at the BEC Arena at the Trafford Centre. A bit out of centre, but I'm sure we can fix something up.
tray
tray

Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:58 pm
Yes, we book tickets a couple of years ago because it was by the Trafford center so I can go shopping then covid hit. So obviously it was all cancelled but I know he wants to go
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Thu Jun 22, 2023 8:02 pm
tray wrote:Yes, we book tickets a couple of years ago because it was by the Trafford center so I can go shopping then covid hit. So obviously it was all cancelled but I know he wants to go

Right, we'll see what develops.
tray
tray

Thu Jun 22, 2023 8:03 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:
tray wrote:Yes, we book tickets a couple of years ago because it was by the Trafford center so I can go shopping then covid hit. So obviously it was all cancelled but I know he wants to go

Right, we'll see what develops.
If not, I'm sure there'll be a Mandalorian thing up that way

Thu Jun 22, 2023 8:04 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:I think it works well on a one-to-one basis, but with more than that taking part it gets very confusing. We did have a good chat though (when does your sister get her rose coin?). It is a lot more immediate than PMs - and the inbox doesn't fill up either. We need a system where only two people can chat at once. Hmm, maybe call it a .... telephone. But free to use.

I agree that a one-on-one basis easy. I'll dive into chat possibly next weekend. This weekend, one of my niece's is getting married. I'll give my sister the rose coin at the wedding rehearsal dinner.
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Thu Jun 22, 2023 8:11 pm
Ooh, a posh wedding, with rehearsal. I hope all goes well, and that your sister loves her coin. Maybe see you next weekend, and you can tell us all about it.

tray and Bondie like this post

Thu Jun 22, 2023 8:32 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:Ooh, a posh wedding, with rehearsal. I hope all goes well, and that your sister loves her coin. Maybe see you next weekend, and you can tell us all about it.

Yeah, it's being held at some mansion. Could never see myself laying out the bread for that kind of gig. Shocked Will let you know how it goes. I saw you made mention of the Chameleon. A shop here has them in stock at $289.00 USD. I may just press the button for one.

Sorry I can't meet you all at a pub. The closest one I got to was from watching the British comedy, 'Coupling.' Oh, that show was funny. Laughing
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Thu Jun 22, 2023 8:48 pm
@Periodic Table , the Coin Shoppe has them in for CAD384.99. Don't know how that compares with your shop.

Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:14 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote: @Periodic Table , the Coin Shoppe has them in for CAD384.99. Don't know how that compares with your shop.

The Coin Shoppe is only $4.00 more and that's nothing to speak of. If I press the button 🔘 I'll get the Chameleon from the shop in Maryland.
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:58 am
Yes, no real difference to speak of so you're better off getting the one from Maryland.
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://www.thepreciousmetalforum.com

Fri Jun 23, 2023 12:34 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:Yes, why not.  @Admin , what do you think?
Tray, how did your comment get into my post about pubs?

Everyone can start a conversation in General conversation.. and when that dies down just start a new one.
Deleting that old thread will mess will stats and other things.. so that is a no no .

I will be putting chat on this weekend anyway.

But we can always just use General chat for basic chats... that is what that section is there for.

The Cat's Mother and tray like this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:43 pm
Well @Admin , who knew. You won't get the coven off there now.
Incidentally, how are you feeling? We've been thinking about you.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum