The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://www.thepreciousmetalforum.com

Update on the Forum, Empty Update on the Forum,

Fri May 21, 2021 2:07 pm
I have just purchased the largest package for this forum, which means I really am working hard to transfer over the domain name and do other improvements.

Please post away and enjoy yourself. I hope this is very successful and you all get a chance to utilise it to its full potential .

Fortune8, WeeBear and Arbkev like this post

Fortune8
Fortune8

Update on the Forum, Empty Re: Update on the Forum,

Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:31 pm
Great news, it can only get better, thanks for all your effort making this a top class forum.
Much appreciated.  Wink sunny

Admin and WeeBear like this post

Admin
Admin
Admin

Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:58 pm
I am looking for artists to help create a Banner, and a Icon for the forum.

I have a few suggestions, but I have no idea. For obvious reasons, we NEED to stay clear of any potential Trademark logo's .. Any Logo we use I will ensure we Trademarked.

I was thinking of a Magpie in a cartoon like shape, or perhaps a Shovel with a few nuggets and Silver bars scattered around.

I really don't know.. And the banner is a mystery to me. I would love to have the heart and soul of the forum shown through on that.

Fortune8 likes this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:01 am
What about a dragon curled round his hoard? (Possibly holding a coffee cup) It could be elongated to make a banner.

Admin, Fortune8 and AceBullion like this post

AceBullion
AceBullion
Sponsor
https://www.acebullion.com

Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:44 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:What about a dragon curled round his hoard? (Possibly holding a coffee cup) It could be elongated to make a banner.

Keep them coming. That sounds fun, but could be difficult as there are alot of dragon fans

Fortune8 likes this post

AgAuAgAu

Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:42 pm
What about a banner which advertises the silver forum? Give a little something back and divert people to the only place that really matters for precious metal fans?
Fortune8
Fortune8

Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:02 pm
What a great Idea, they will probably do the same for us! lol!
Fortune8
Fortune8

Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:08 pm
I think "you" have given more than enough publicity already, hope you're getting free membership for your efforts.
Why do I somehow doubt that.
                                                              affraid
Admin
Admin
Admin

Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:22 pm
AgAuAgAu wrote:What about a banner which advertises the silver forum? Give a little something back and divert people to the only place that really matters for precious metal fans?

🤔🤔 Not a chance. 😂😂😂 But I value your opinion 👍👍👍

Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:12 pm
Hi everyone 😁. Just joined, redirected from Martin's. Forum, great idea and hope it develops well. Will post once I find my feet and read all the posts.. All the best everyone.. 😁👌Mervs68
AceBullion
AceBullion
Sponsor
https://www.acebullion.com

Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:25 pm
Welcome in. I hope you find your feet. There is plenty of work left to do here, but contributions via posts and interactions will make this place grow.

AgAuAgAu

Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:28 pm
Fortune8 wrote:What a great Idea, they will probably do the same for us!          lol!

I’m sure they would. Have you asked?
AgAuAgAu

Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:29 pm
Admin wrote:
AgAuAgAu wrote:What about a banner which advertises the silver forum? Give a little something back and divert people to the only place that really matters for precious metal fans?

🤔🤔 Not a chance.  😂😂😂 But I value your opinion  👍👍👍

Doesn’t really matter at the end of the day, does it.

Fortune8 likes this post

Fortune8
Fortune8

Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:38 pm
CORRECT

AgAuAgAu likes this post

AgAuAgAu

Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:39 pm
Fortune8 wrote:I think "you" have given more than enough publicity already, hope you're getting free membership for your efforts.
                                                              affraid

No one gets free membership, do they??? 😬
AgAuAgAu

Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:42 pm
Admin wrote:

Why not? As admin said to me in a threatening private message, there is room for both forums and healthy competition is good. I guess I will be booted off this forum now. Despite advocating a free and open platform, the private message suggests quite the opposite. 🤷🏻‍�
Admin
Admin
Admin

Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:51 pm
AgAuAgAu wrote:
Fortune8 wrote:I think "you" have given more than enough publicity already, hope you're getting free membership for your efforts.
                                                              affraid

No one gets free membership, do they??? 😬

AgAuAgAu wrote:
Admin wrote:

Why not? As admin said to me in a threatening private message, there is room for both forums and healthy competition is good. I guess I will be booted off this forum now. Despite advocating a free and open platform, the private message suggests quite the opposite. 🤷🏻‍�

AgAuAgAU

Yes this message below was extremely threatening, I am sorry I hurt your feelings.
You had posted numerous posts with links to another Group, I have not removed everyone of these. The below is what I sent in a private message. There are no personal details and was a semi generic response.

Please stop posting and trying to promote the Silver Forum on TMPF

I find it not only distasteful but disrespectful. I have a hope you will stop but if it continues I will be forced to remove you from TPMF.

I encourage everyone to interact in a peaceful way, but ALL of your posts have just been about conflict and promotion of a paid forum.

This is free and open to everyone, I see no reason why the two can not co-exist.

Thank you

Admin.

Fortune8 and Arbkev like this post

AgAuAgAu

Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:05 pm
Who, apart from you, said ‘extremely threatening’? I said threatening and it was because you told me to self censure or I would be booted. That IS a threat and you messaged it in relation to a forum that you claim to be ‘open’. What exactly are you afraid of? You have a good (but sadly ad-ridden) platform to do well and by tapping into the Silver Forum you may be able to do it.
AgAuAgAu

Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:06 pm
Healthy competition is good. Don’t be afraid. Just take the critique. I could say a lot more but I suspect you don’t want to listen.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:16 pm
Again, there are no adverts.

Healthy competition is welcomed. But I will not promote another forum on here. Especially when I am banned from said forum. cheers We can keep playing games but you have said your peace and thown in the names a few times. I ask you to stop, this is considered SPAM and not relevant to the members of TPMF.
AgAuAgAu

Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:22 pm
Why were you banned? Serious questions lots of stuff said on The Silver Forum about people leaving - when, why etc. but the person banned never gets to tell their side of the story. Maybe have a thread on here? Honestly, it’s an idea?!
I won’t talk about ‘the other place’ anymore. No point. Don’t want to upset you and you have better things to be doing. Interesting that you think it is spam though. If I post about deals being offered by Bairds or HGM is that ok? If so, why can’t I post about deals at the other place too? (I wouldnt now because of your attitude towards the other place). It’s an honest question.
Finally, I don’t think any of my posts so far have been ‘SPAM’ have they?? If so, then what can I do? Call me crazy but I posted them on an open forum, right?
Oh, and who is admin? Is it Jon or Martin?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:41 pm
I was banned because I refused to pay even more money than what I was paying. All I did was post my videos 3 times a week in the YouTube section.

I was deemed a " Business " when in fact my pouring is a hobby.

As for spam, some of the removed posts included links directly to the other place. Links are permitted but common sense please.

It doesn't matter who is running the forum, This is an admin account.

I am not looking to cause friction and I really don't mind links, but excessive links especially to the other group.

Well I gave my 2p worth, I hope you can happily use this as a second stomping ground. I will most likely have a slightly different audience, So as time passes who knows where this will go.

PS no one else is seeing adverts while logged in. Are you ???

Fortune8 and AgAuAgAu like this post

AgAuAgAu

Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:44 pm
I like this reply. Thanks for being open. Sorry to hear about your experiences on the other place. All good and agree with everything you say. Adverts are NO LONGER showing so if you switched them off you have my huge thanks.
This place has every chance of success. Good luck.

Admin and Fortune8 like this post

Admin
Admin
Admin

Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:48 pm
It should grow and will grow, but only because of members like yourself who will make it possible.

As far as the for sale section... PM me or leave a comment in the suggestions on the bottom of the home screen. I am open to rules if needed.

Fortune8 likes this post

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum