The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://www.thepreciousmetalforum.com

Car insurance.. omg what a rip off.  Empty Car insurance.. omg what a rip off.

Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:10 pm
Is it just me or do car insurance companies want you to change yearly?

I just received my renewal quote and it was well GASP nearly £400 per year.

Last year it was only £220.

So I checked the Meercat and found the best deal was £175.

Come on.. really..

Rod Panhard, denby and Bondie like this post

Bondie
Bondie

Car insurance.. omg what a rip off.  Empty Re: Car insurance.. omg what a rip off.

Tue Jun 06, 2023 2:01 pm
Admin wrote:Is it just me or do car insurance companies want you to change yearly?

I just received my renewal quote and it was well GASP nearly £400 per year.

Last year it was only £220.

So I checked the Meercat and found the best deal was £175.

Come on.. really..

That is an insane increase! I received my renewal last month and it was exactly the same (right down to the pence) as the previous year, so I went with it.

But £400 is too much!! Well done for finding a cheaper deal... mind you, it wouldn't have been difficult compared to £400 lol!

Admin and denby like this post

Car insurance.. omg what a rip off.  Empty Re: Car insurance.. omg what a rip off.

Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:46 pm
Mine is $570.00 USD every six months. Shocked That includes all of the discounts. And I've shopped around.
Bondie
Bondie

Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:56 pm
Periodic Table wrote:Mine is $570.00 USD every six months. Shocked  That includes all of the discounts. And I've shopped around.

Every six months? My goodness, that’s a high premium!! Shocked

Admin likes this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:03 pm
Mine's a whisker over £400 this year. That's for fully comprehensive any driver, and with maximum no claims discount. I think insurers ought to have featured on the 'Pirates' series of coins.

Admin, Rod Panhard and Bondie like this post

Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:18 pm
Bondie wrote:Every six months? My goodness, that’s a high premium!! Shocked

It's always been high in the U.S. And I haven't had a traffic ticket in years. No accidents either. Since I retired two years ago, I've driven less than 7000 miles per year. So that knocked $70.00 off of my premium. Which is nice. Very Happy
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:20 pm
@Periodic Table , could the high premium be connected with the high costs of medical treatment in the US?

Bondie likes this post

Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:22 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:Mine's a whisker over £400 this year. That's for fully comprehensive any driver, and with maximum no claims discount. I think insurers ought to have featured on the 'Pirates' series of coins.

Uh... Add lawyers to the 'Pirates' series. Laughing

Last edited by Periodic Table on Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:41 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote: @Periodic Table , could the high premium be connected with the high costs of medical treatment in the US?

The medical expense benefit is only $25.50. It's the bodily injury/property damage liability, the uninsured motorist coverage and collision coverage that takes up the lion's share of my premium.

There are other variables like theft, natural disasters and the like that increase overall premiums for everyone.

Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:56 pm
As long as I can remember, I've always chosen $100,000/300,000/100,000 for bodily injury/property damage. Same for uninsured motorist coverage.
Rod Panhard
Rod Panhard

Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:16 pm
Give my insurance company their due they have not tried to creep up the premium year on year like most do.  My insurance has stayed around the £180 mark for around 6 years now.  It's actually £200 but I get £20 back for doing it all paperless online.  Of course you never really know if an insurance company is truly any good until it actually comes to paying out in the event of an accident.  Most like to try and creep up your premium £20 or £40 a year and hope you don't notice.

Admin and Bondie like this post

Admin
Admin
Admin
https://www.thepreciousmetalforum.com

Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:52 am
My Jeep is covered fully comp, with all bells and whistles except breakdown cover.. we have a multi vehicle cover.. because when I used to own a motorcycle or two.. it was the best way. It is still cheaper but omg. I am switching over the cover later this week. I just want to call my insurance company and ask why.

Rod Panhard, denby and Bondie like this post

Rod Panhard
Rod Panhard

Sun Jun 11, 2023 1:19 pm
Funnily enough I just got the e-mail through this morning about my insurance renewal, £205 which becomes £185 if I do it all online and print my own documents. It's up a fiver from last year which I can live with.

Admin, denby, tray and Bondie like this post

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum