The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://www.thepreciousmetalforum.com

2oz High Relief Chameleon  Empty 2oz High Relief Chameleon

Fri Jun 23, 2023 12:23 pm
Very Limited 500 only.

The Cat's Mother, Rod Panhard, denby, ArcaneCollector and Bondie like this post

ArcaneCollector
ArcaneCollector

2oz High Relief Chameleon  Empty Re: 2oz High Relief Chameleon

Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:09 pm
Loving would be easy if your colours were like my dreams.
Blue, gold, and green, blue, gold, and green.

Admin, denby and Bondie like this post

Rod Panhard
Rod Panhard

Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:10 pm
It's a beautiful round and like it but I don't think I would buy it, the subject matter is just not my bag baby.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Sat Jun 24, 2023 10:52 am
My honest opinion is on the video. However I did not say everything. I think they are extremely expensive. But that said I have paid similar prices for other coins too. The subject matter is hit or miss, but what scares me and why I am not buying this is the following.

This is only the FIRST of the series. So other coins that will come out will likely be as expensive.

I can buy the 10oz Tudor beast for far less.. And have more physical silver with a great design. Ok I am not likely to get a return like these. But I have to pick and choose which premium coins I am willing to splash out on. Sadly for me this is just a series I can not see myself buying on a regular basis.

Rod Panhard, denby and Bondie like this post

tray
tray

Sat Jun 24, 2023 11:47 am
No I have most of the other series. Pretty colours but not one for me either

Mon Jul 03, 2023 8:07 pm
Just received mine today and it's stunningly beautiful. Never thought I'd say that about an old-world lizard but hey, why not.Laughing

The packaging? It's very cheap as advertised. What is gross is the hemp or jute lining. It stinks to the high heaven.pig The coin will go straight into a Lighthouse floating frame 90R that I just ordered.
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Mon Jul 03, 2023 8:32 pm
The Chameleon wasn't for me either, but I am very happy that you are so pleased with it  @Periodic Table . I have coins that I love, and you probably wouldn't. Taste is utterly individual and, to be honest, it's just as well that we aren't all chasing after the same things. Also, bear in mind that someone, somewhere, loves their My Little Pony coin, whatever we think of them.  2oz High Relief Chameleon  1f63d

Admin and Bondie like this post

tray
tray

Mon Jul 03, 2023 8:50 pm
My husband liked the My little pony' bloody weirdo!' he thought I had bought one. If they would have done a one ounce chameleon then I probably would have got it or even thought about it if I had done the same displays as their other 2 oz but putting it in a cheap box with a bit of a cop out

tray
tray

Mon Jul 03, 2023 8:50 pm
But very pretty colours

Mon Jul 03, 2023 9:01 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:The Chameleon wasn't for me either, but I am very happy that you are so pleased with it  @Periodic Table . I have coins that I love, and you probably wouldn't. Taste is utterly individual and, to be honest, it's just as well that we aren't all chasing after the same things. Also, bear in mind that someone, somewhere, loves their My Little Pony coin, whatever we think of them.  2oz High Relief Chameleon  1f63d

I totally agree with you TCM. Individual taste is paramount regardless of the subject matter. And one's interest in particular coins/rounds is multifaceted. Did I basically say the same thing twice? Laughing

Mon Jul 03, 2023 9:06 pm
tray wrote:My husband liked  the My little pony' bloody weirdo!' he thought  I had bought one. If they would have done a one ounce chameleon then I probably would have got it or even thought about it if I had done the same displays as their other 2 oz but putting it in a cheap box with a bit of a cop out

Once I get the floating frame, the cheap box will go into storage.
tray
tray

Mon Jul 03, 2023 9:07 pm
Yes definitely I like the floating frames

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Mon Jul 03, 2023 9:11 pm
tray wrote:My husband liked  the My little pony' bloody weirdo!' he thought  I had bought one. If they would have done a one ounce chameleon then I probably would have got it or even thought about it if I had done the same displays as their other 2 oz but putting it in a cheap box with a bit of a cop out

@tray , has he had counselling? Or are you going straight for sectioning?

tray
tray

Mon Jul 03, 2023 9:13 pm
Well after the sailing I booked both of us in for horse riding in two weeks time lol

Mon Jul 03, 2023 9:21 pm
tray wrote:Well after the sailing I booked both of us in for horse riding in two weeks time lol

That sounds fun @tray. Never been sailing but have enjoyed horse riding on vacations.
tray
tray

Mon Jul 03, 2023 9:28 pm
Me too. I haven't been riding for a few years so quite looking forward to it

Thu Jul 13, 2023 5:49 pm
Just received the magic frame and the Chameleon fits just fine. The picture doesn't bring out the real bling-bling colors of the creature. Nonetheless, Sterling Archer gives it his full approval. Laughing I also received the long magic frame for when another 'Representatives of the Species' coin comes out. It will fit three of these coins.

2oz High Relief Chameleon  Img20224
tray
tray

Thu Jul 13, 2023 5:53 pm
That looks so good in that frame. Do love the colours, I wish I brought one now

Admin likes this post

Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:06 pm
tray wrote:That looks so good in that frame. Do love the colours, I wish I brought one now

It's my first time using the magic frame and I gotta say that it's impressive for something made out of plastic. As I said, the picture doesn't bring out the deep sparkling colors of the Chameleon. @Admin brought the colors out in his excellent video presentation. This coin should be available for a while if you decide to get one.
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Thu Jul 13, 2023 7:14 pm
I like the floating frames, and I really like the one you have there @Periodic Table . All mine are square frames with square insets, but yours has that round display area. I use mine to display hand poured items that don't have boxes and are difficult to store.

Admin likes this post

Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:37 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:I like the floating frames, and I really like the one you have there  @Periodic Table . All mine are square frames with square insets, but yours has that round display area. I use mine to display hand poured items that don't have boxes and are difficult to store.

Looking through the Lighthouse offerings, I was a bit torn between both frames. The round one worked out well but upon the next species release, they'll go into the long square frame.

Please share your poured items when you have the chance.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Fri Jul 14, 2023 9:57 am
I wish I could put my coins on display. I had the Simpsons collection up for a long time but in the end it was just clutter.
That frame works very very well bud.

Fri Jul 14, 2023 12:11 pm
Admin wrote:I wish I could put my coins on display. I had the Simpsons collection up for a long time but in the end it was just clutter.

Arts and crafts stores sell 11 X 14 floating picture frames. I haven't tried them because my collection is so small. Maybe this frame will work for your Simpsons series.

2oz High Relief Chameleon  10574010
Admin
Admin
Admin

Fri Jul 14, 2023 5:17 pm
Periodic Table wrote:
Admin wrote:I wish I could put my coins on display. I had the Simpsons collection up for a long time but in the end it was just clutter.

Arts and crafts stores sell 11 X 14 floating picture frames. I haven't tried them because my collection is so small. Maybe this frame will work for your Simpsons series.

2oz High Relief Chameleon  10574010

ummm no.... sadly not, it would take up a LOT more room than that. sadly.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum