The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
AVG

Retired And Have Nothing To Do Empty Retired And Have Nothing To Do

Tue Jul 11, 2023 6:43 pm
This is for the young guys to know what us old guy do. You get up and out of bed because you can't sleep. You go
and feed the fish in the fish tanks. Then you turn on the computer and look for that next coin to buy. Were is the
money for the next coin. So you see what you have to sell if your pocket is empty Smile . I know I will sell my stereo system
the one that my wife made me take out of the living room because the music was to loud for her Sad . Sitting in the
garage  playing a $2000.00 stereo system sitting on a  beach chair is no fun Smile . So here is a photo of one of my betta's.
Betta's watch you when you go to feed them maybe I should talk to them and they may listen Smile . I post this just to
have some fun with you guys.
AVGRetired And Have Nothing To Do P7060210

Admin, Rod Panhard and ArcaneCollector like this post

ArcaneCollector
ArcaneCollector

Retired And Have Nothing To Do Empty Re: Retired And Have Nothing To Do

Tue Jul 11, 2023 7:49 pm
It seems to me that you need a new hobby! What about bird watching? You get a list of all the birds in your state and then try find them. Or macro photography? Reading? I am reading a series, on book 19 of er…54? Or how about building and painting model cars or tanks? I have a whole US and a German Bolt Action army to build, and Gundam robots, and Warhammer models. Much more enjoyable than a silver dust collector.

Admin likes this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Tue Jul 11, 2023 8:17 pm
They don't collect dust if you keep them in a box in a cupboard @ArcaneCollector . Don't your models collect dust? I'll have to ask younger nephew who's into that sort of thing. I agree with you about having hobbies though: I read (what's your mega-series?); grow my plants; minister to the cats; tease quokkaholics; go to the theatre, and have holidays and trips out. That still leaves plenty of time to check out silver.

Admin likes this post

AVG

Tue Jul 11, 2023 10:12 pm
Been their done that Smile Birds I have over 300 photo's or more. Model planes & cars made many. welding, reloading, firearms builds many, Photography 16x20 printing film, leather work. carpentry, Computer builds, electrical work. I left a few out if I new how to spell I would
have wrote a book Smile . I left out ceramics fired porcelain. The main thing about doing all these things I can't remember how I did it Smile .
AVG

Admin likes this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Tue Jul 11, 2023 10:16 pm
Hey @AVG , you weren't the one who built a nuclear reactor in his back yard to use as a barbecue, were you?

Admin likes this post

AVG

Tue Jul 11, 2023 10:22 pm
I missed out on that I never got to read the book on how to do it Smile . I loved to do carpentry work but at the old age
and on blood thinners it does a number on me.
AVG

Admin likes this post

ArcaneCollector
ArcaneCollector

Wed Jul 12, 2023 4:47 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:They don't collect dust if you keep them in a box in a cupboard  @ArcaneCollector . Don't your models collect dust? I'll have to ask younger nephew who's into that sort of thing. I agree with you about having hobbies though: I read (what's your mega-series?); grow my plants; minister to the cats; tease quokkaholics; go to the theatre, and have holidays and trips out. That still leaves plenty of time to check out silver.

The models are for use in table top war games. Nerdvana! My epic series is the Horus Heresy. My problem is that I burn out hobbies. I’m seriously considering selling/trading all my silver coins for bog standard Britannia stacking. I find collecting a burden as I am not settled until I have completed the collection and then once I have, I’ve lost interest in it, and then end up selling it for a loss. Rolling Eyes

denby likes this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Wed Jul 12, 2023 5:14 pm
@ArcaneCollector : not the quokkas too!?
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://www.thepreciousmetalforum.com

Wed Jul 12, 2023 7:16 pm
If you were close I could assure you I would keep you busy.. LOL

retirement sucks.

Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:17 pm
AVG wrote:I know I will sell my stereo system the one that my wife made me take out of the living room because the music was to loud for her Sad. Sitting in the garage playing a $2000.00 stereo system sitting on a beach chair is no fun Smile

@AVG, what brand is your stereo system? I have a Yamaha system with ELAC speakers. A few years ago, I downsized to ELAC bookshelf speakers after my old Klipsch speakers blew. Nowadays, I mostly play Spanish guitar music. It's enjoyable and relaxing to listen to. I still have my Pioneer receiver and turntable that I purchased in 1981. That's when Pioneer used to make quality components. They're boxed away in the attic.

Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:37 pm
ArcaneCollector wrote:Or how about building and painting model cars or tanks? I have a whole US and a German Bolt Action army to build, and Gundam robots, and Warhammer models.

ArcaneCollector wrote:The models are for use in table top war games. Nerdvana! My epic series is the Horus Heresy.

Horus Heresy looks interesting with its map and pieces. What scale are your models? Do you have any completed?  War games I used to play were produced by Avalon Hill and Strategy & Tactics.
AVG

Fri Jul 14, 2023 12:04 am
Here is a photo of the Stereo system that I sold.
AVG
Retired And Have Nothing To Do P1010810

Fri Jul 14, 2023 12:37 am
AVG wrote:Here is a photo of the Stereo system that I sold.
AVG

Now I can see why your wife wanted it in the garage.Laughing Can't see the brand(s) of your components but I imagine it produced a great sound.
AVG

Fri Jul 14, 2023 1:14 am
Onkyo receiver, Klipsch tower speakers, Polk center channel speaker and sub woofer, read speakers Klipsch. .The
only cheap thing the $40.00 DVD player. I did not want to bring the good player out needed it for the TV.
AVG

Fri Jul 14, 2023 1:38 am
AVG wrote:Onkyo receiver, Klipsch tower speakers, Polk center channel speaker and sub woofer, read speakers Klipsch. .The
only cheap thing the $40.00  DVD player. I did not want to bring the good player out needed it for the TV.
AVG

Your system was definitely audiophile material and I figure the Onkyo had the power output to handle all of those speakers.Cool

My dad put together a high-end component system in 1963. It lasted for years until my brothers and I blew his Acoustic Research speakers. In my dad's later years, he listened to classical music on TV or while sitting in his car in the garage. He always loved classical music. My dad passed away in February at 93 years old.

AVG

Fri Jul 14, 2023 2:03 am
Sorry to hear of your loss. I enjoyed music for years I had Acoustic Research speakers AR9's which i bought back in 1980 in upstate N.Y. and took them
to Florida in 1990 . I used them for another ten years here in Florida. Gave to my older son who used a few years and then sold them

Fri Jul 14, 2023 2:31 am
AVG wrote:Sorry to hear of your loss. I enjoyed music for years I had Acoustic Research speakers AR9's which i bought back in 1980 in upstate N.Y. and took them
to Florida in 1990 . I used them for another ten years here in Florida. Gave to my older son who used a few years and then sold them

Thank you @AVG. I miss him so much.🥺

I don't know which AR model speakers he had but the sound was crystal clear. And I imagine the same for your AR9's. I'm pretty sure AR didn't gear their speakers for a large bass reflex sound. Probably a passive set-up. And that was fine with me.
21C Bullion
21C Bullion
https://www.youtube.com/@bullion-finance/videos

Fri Jul 14, 2023 12:29 pm
@AVG You have a really good coin collection; Why don't you create a YouTube channel so other people can see them?

You probably know @Admin (Jon) has a successful YouTube channel - https://www.youtube.com/user/jonrms

Admin likes this post

AVG

Fri Jul 14, 2023 1:47 pm
Thank you
I will have to think about that.
AVG

Admin likes this post

Admin
Admin
Admin
https://www.thepreciousmetalforum.com

Fri Jul 14, 2023 5:19 pm
AVG wrote:Thank you
I will have to think about that.
AVG

If I can help in anyway I will.

It take a lot to get going, and if you find someone who will really help you and not worry about their own interests you can be successful.

We can talk in private. and go though some great options.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum