The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

A Small Conundrum Empty A Small Conundrum

Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:52 pm
I am confused (again). I have just had my feedback on an item rejected by eBay because "we don't allow swearing on eBay".  A Small Conundrum 1f640  Now, I have been known to let the occasional 'gosh' or 'darn' slip past my lips in moments of stress, but never on eBay. So, I don't know what I did, and all suggestions will be gratefully received.
The story:
I ordered cooling scarves, the ones you soak in water and then wrap round your neck so the evaporation keeps you cool. They do work, by the way. Unfortunately, they turned out to be out of stock, the seller apologised, cancelled the transaction, and made an immediate refund. These things happen. EBay, however, kept asking me to do feedback, so to shut them up I did so. I said how the sale had been cancelled and why, and added that I would use the seller again and that the product worked. I then added a sentence 'Obviously there was no dispatch date, so ignore that bit. Everything else is true'. This was to cover the star rating I gave for dispatch. My feedback was immediately rejected, for the reason stated, but went through when I deleted that final sentence. I am truly nonplussed: was it the reference to 'bit'? Does 'true' now count as a profanity? I don't want this embarrassment to happen again, so any bit (oops) of help will be truly (oops again) appreciated.
A Small Conundrum 1f638  A Small Conundrum 1f638  A Small Conundrum 1f638

denby likes this post

ArcaneCollector
ArcaneCollector

A Small Conundrum Empty Re: A Small Conundrum

Tue Jul 25, 2023 2:49 pm
Was there perhaps a typo, and you typed bit with a t instead of a b?

Rod Panhard and denby like this post

ArcaneCollector
ArcaneCollector

Tue Jul 25, 2023 2:51 pm
Or maybe their AI has a low IQ?

denby likes this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Tue Jul 25, 2023 3:09 pm
ArcaneCollector wrote:Was there perhaps a typo, and you typed bit with a t instead of a b?

No. I double checked when I got the rejection.

denby likes this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Tue Jul 25, 2023 3:11 pm
ArcaneCollector wrote:Or maybe their AI has a low IQ?

Probably. A low bar for stupidity anyway.

denby likes this post

tray
tray

Tue Jul 25, 2023 3:23 pm
It can only happen to you 😭

denby likes this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Tue Jul 25, 2023 5:24 pm
tray wrote:It can only happen to you 😭

No blooming sympathy. Might have known.  A Small Conundrum 1f63f  A Small Conundrum 1f63f

tray likes this post

ArcaneCollector
ArcaneCollector

Tue Jul 25, 2023 6:14 pm
The moral of the story? Give short feedback such as.. Satisfactory transaction. I once wrote a lovely review for Amazon and it was rejected as I gave an opinion! Eh? Isn’t that the point? So now I don’t bother. I have more important things to do! Right…now back to my quokka colouring book.

The Cat's Mother likes this post

AceBullion
AceBullion
Sponsor
https://www.acebullion.com

Tue Jul 25, 2023 9:47 pm
Sounds like the seller was covering their ba k sides re the review. Incase anything was said or hidden that might be negative
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Wed Jul 26, 2023 10:34 am
AceBullion wrote:Sounds like the seller was covering their ba k sides re the review. Incase anything was said or hidden that might be negative

It wasn't the seller that rejected the feedback, it was an automatic reaction from eBay. I could have given an openly negative review without any comeback at all. The question still remains what on earth it was that I wrote that the AI objected to.

Admin likes this post

Admin
Admin
Admin
https://www.thepreciousmetalforum.com

Wed Jul 26, 2023 12:23 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:
AceBullion wrote:Sounds like the seller was covering their ba k sides re the review. Incase anything was said or hidden that might be negative

It wasn't the seller that rejected the feedback, it was an automatic reaction from eBay. I could have given an openly negative review without any comeback at all. The question still remains what on earth it was that I wrote that the AI objected to.

shocking.

I would speak to someone at Ebay and ask wtf is going on
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Wed Jul 26, 2023 12:57 pm
@Admin : WTF? CBA!  A Small Conundrum 1f639
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Wed Jul 26, 2023 5:34 pm
The other issue that I can't bottom (that would probably get me banned from eBay A Small Conundrum 1f639 ) is that I have two followers on eBay but there is no apparent way of finding out who they are. Are they secret admirers or stalkers? Another mystery.

Admin likes this post

tray
tray

Wed Jul 26, 2023 5:43 pm
I didn't even know that was a lucky you!
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Wed Jul 26, 2023 6:10 pm
tray wrote:I didn't even know that was a  lucky you!

Depends on why they're following me!

tray likes this post

Admin
Admin
Admin

Wed Jul 26, 2023 8:03 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:The other issue that I can't bottom (that would probably get me banned from eBay A Small Conundrum 1f639 ) is that I have two followers on eBay but there is no apparent way of finding out who they are. Are they secret admirers or stalkers? Another mystery.

could be someone you bought from. they follow you .. or if you sold something... they could also follow you.

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Wed Jul 26, 2023 8:36 pm
Admin wrote:
The Cat's Mother wrote:The other issue that I can't bottom (that would probably get me banned from eBay A Small Conundrum 1f639 ) is that I have two followers on eBay but there is no apparent way of finding out who they are. Are they secret admirers or stalkers? Another mystery.

could be someone you bought from. they follow you .. or if you sold something... they could also follow you.

That's what I thought. I'll have to ask a few sellers that I'm still in touch with. I haven't sold anything since I listed my mother's mobility scooter about ten years ago.
I can always dream of a red rose from a secret admirer on St. Valentine's day, can't I?

Admin likes this post

Admin
Admin
Admin

Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:40 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:
Admin wrote:

That's what I thought. I'll have to ask a few sellers that I'm still in touch with. I haven't sold anything since I listed my mother's mobility scooter about ten years ago.
I can always dream of a red rose from a secret admirer on St. Valentine's day, can't I?

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! ok you could dream but you know in reality a red rose cut will last no more than a week and then you think of if your other half bought it,,,, how much they cost... and was it a waste.. although a nice gift...

lol

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:31 pm
My other half has not within living memory bought me a red rose. I did get a bunch of freesias once when the local garden centre was giving them away with purchases over a certain value, and his bag of lawn food exceeded that.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Fri Jul 28, 2023 10:28 am
The Cat's Mother wrote:My other half has not within living memory bought me a red rose. I did get a bunch of freesias once when the local garden centre was giving them away with purchases over a certain value, and his bag of lawn food exceeded that.

awwww.

no Rose for you. hmmm
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum