The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
Rod Panhard
Rod Panhard
Posts : 295
Join date : 2021-05-25

Medusa Art Bar Empty Medusa Art Bar

Tue Sep 26, 2023 1:56 pm
Just bought this 10oz Medusa art bar from Argenta, got it for the same price as a standard 10oz bar usually they are a bit dearer so I'm quite pleased with this pickup.

Medusa Art Bar YIBVoC9

My 10oz Britannia bar box I'm trying to fill has had a couple of additions as well.

Medusa Art Bar IZOyEKA

And I bought another of those cheap Chinese padded boxes to try and fill a Sottsdale stacker box as well, need 3 more to fill this.

Medusa Art Bar 1vVHSGF

Medusa Art Bar UrO8O8T

4 of them are the old Materion ones as well that never had the serial no. some people say they are collectable and others don't so I'm not sure. I've had them for years, looking at my spreadsheet they were £118 when I bought them in 2016 and today a 10oz Scottsdale stacker sells for £230 upwards so they are doing their job.

Medusa Art Bar BX6HWXO

Admin, The Cat's Mother, tray and AVG like this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother
Moderator
Posts : 3284
Join date : 2021-05-19
Location : UK

Medusa Art Bar Empty Re: Medusa Art Bar

Tue Sep 26, 2023 2:36 pm
The Argentia bars are rather nice. I have Medusa and the Egyptian Cat (naturally!)

Admin and Rod Panhard like this post

avatar
Guest
Guest

Medusa Art Bar Empty Re: Medusa Art Bar

Tue Sep 26, 2023 3:29 pm
@Rod Panhard, that's a beautiful art bar with Medusa's lovely profile. I never heard of Argentia and had to look them up. Quite the offerings they have.
Also had to research Materion. Excellent stack of Britannia, Scottsdale and the classic Materion bars. Thanks for sharing.
Admin
Admin
Admin
Posts : 3346
Join date : 2021-05-08
Location : England UK
https://www.thepreciousmetalforum.com

Medusa Art Bar Empty Re: Medusa Art Bar

Wed Sep 27, 2023 12:17 pm
I love Scotsdale bars, but I prefer to collect Pamp.


I know I just spilled a secret.

Rod Panhard likes this post

Rod Panhard
Rod Panhard
Posts : 295
Join date : 2021-05-25

Medusa Art Bar Empty Re: Medusa Art Bar

Wed Sep 27, 2023 1:26 pm
Admin wrote:I love Scotsdale bars, but I prefer to collect Pamp.


I know I just spilled a secret.

I love Pamp bars but they always seem to be in cardboard bubble sleeves where the corners are always all dog eared and the polythene protection is starting to come away - this annoys me to the point it puts me off buying them.

Admin likes this post

avatar
Guest
Guest

Medusa Art Bar Empty Re: Medusa Art Bar

Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:44 pm
If the bars have anything to do with Lady Fortuna, I won't buy it. Just can't get into the blindfold or the horned basket coming out of her ear. And the wonky hands...
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother
Moderator
Posts : 3284
Join date : 2021-05-19
Location : UK

Medusa Art Bar Empty Re: Medusa Art Bar

Wed Sep 27, 2023 3:32 pm
I've got the PAMP lunar bars, which I love, but I agree with @Rod Panhard about the packaging. I'm not a fan of carded coins or bars generally, mainly because they get tatty so quickly unless you're very careful, and also because they take up so much additional room to store. I've got Kiwis, but I don't know for how much longer: there are twenty now so I might not bother next year.
@Periodic Table , the Lady Fortuna is blindfolded to show that good luck is bestowed blindly regardless of the recipient's merit. The 'basket' is a shell, the cornucopia, filled with the world's wealth, that Fortuna is holding up to the side of her face. Other symbols of good luck and prosperity are the ears of corn and the wheel of fortune behind her.

Admin and Rod Panhard like this post

avatar
Guest
Guest

Medusa Art Bar Empty Re: Medusa Art Bar

Wed Sep 27, 2023 3:59 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:I've got the PAMP lunar bars, which I love, but I agree with  @Rod Panhard about the packaging. I'm not a fan of carded coins or bars generally, mainly because they get tatty so quickly unless you're very careful, and also because they take up so much additional room to store. I've got Kiwis, but I don't know for how much longer: there are twenty now so I might not bother next year.
@Periodic Table , the Lady Fortuna is blindfolded to show that good luck is bestowed blindly regardless of the recipient's merit. The 'basket' is a shell, the cornucopia, filled with the world's wealth, that Fortuna is holding up to the side of her face. Other symbols of good luck and prosperity are the ears of corn and the wheel of fortune behind her.

I like Valcambi card packaging over Pamp and Perth because it's rigid. With that, I'm talking about gold. As you may know, I don't have jack squat for carded silver.

Regarding Lady Fortuna, I know what the symbols mean. It's just that I don't dig the look.
Admin
Admin
Admin
Posts : 3346
Join date : 2021-05-08
Location : England UK
https://www.thepreciousmetalforum.com

Medusa Art Bar Empty Re: Medusa Art Bar

Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:29 am
Because this is TPMF. I will let yall in on a secret. I will be a very GRUMPY person next week I think in a video. No holds bar.

Yep. Can anyone guess why?

Rod Panhard likes this post

Rod Panhard
Rod Panhard
Posts : 295
Join date : 2021-05-25

Medusa Art Bar Empty Re: Medusa Art Bar

Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:54 am
Admin wrote:Because this is TPMF. I will let yall in on a secret. I will be a very GRUMPY person next week I think in a video. No holds bar.

Yep. Can anyone guess why?

Is it because the new Royal Mint Celebration bars are not coming in the packaging they promised. I have just had a phone call from Atkinsons Bullion saying the 2 new Royal Mint Royal Celebration bars I pre-ordered are in but they are just in plastic wrap not the fancy carded display version they showed. I see they have changed their webpage to reflect this as well. The Royal Mint under delivers again, who'd a thunk it?

AceBullion and denby like this post

AceBullion
AceBullion
Sponsor
Posts : 542
Join date : 2021-05-25
Location : England UK
https://www.acebullion.com

Medusa Art Bar Empty Re: Medusa Art Bar

Sat Sep 30, 2023 9:48 am
Rod Panhard wrote:
Admin wrote:Because this is TPMF. I will let yall in on a secret. I will be a very GRUMPY person next week I think in a video. No holds bar.

Yep. Can anyone guess why?

Is it because the new Royal Mint Celebration bars are not coming in the packaging they promised.  I have just had a phone call from Atkinsons Bullion saying the 2 new Royal Mint Royal Celebration bars I pre-ordered are in but they are just in plastic wrap not the fancy carded display version they showed.  I see they have changed their webpage to reflect this as well.  The Royal Mint under delivers again, who'd a thunk it?

Yes actually.

Dang you lol

Rod Panhard likes this post

Rod Panhard
Rod Panhard
Posts : 295
Join date : 2021-05-25

Medusa Art Bar Empty Re: Medusa Art Bar

Sat Sep 30, 2023 10:29 am
AceBullion wrote:
Rod Panhard wrote:
Admin wrote:Because this is TPMF. I will let yall in on a secret. I will be a very GRUMPY person next week I think in a video. No holds bar.

Yep. Can anyone guess why?

Is it because the new Royal Mint Celebration bars are not coming in the packaging they promised.  I have just had a phone call from Atkinsons Bullion saying the 2 new Royal Mint Royal Celebration bars I pre-ordered are in but they are just in plastic wrap not the fancy carded display version they showed.  I see they have changed their webpage to reflect this as well.  The Royal Mint under delivers again, who'd a thunk it?

Yes actually.

Dang you lol

What amazing powers of prediction, just call me Sceptic Peg

Admin, The Cat's Mother and denby like this post

Rod Panhard
Rod Panhard
Posts : 295
Join date : 2021-05-25

Medusa Art Bar Empty Re: Medusa Art Bar

Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:44 am
Managed to pick up a couple more of these Argentia bars, this 10oz bar

Medusa Art Bar Uq4x4G9

and this 5oz bar

Medusa Art Bar VIlQTQW


Last edited by Rod Panhard on Tue Oct 10, 2023 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin, The Cat's Mother and denby like this post

avatar
Guest
Guest

Medusa Art Bar Empty Re: Medusa Art Bar

Tue Oct 10, 2023 12:13 pm
@Rod Panhard, those bars are attractive and clean looking.
Rod Panhard
Rod Panhard
Posts : 295
Join date : 2021-05-25

Medusa Art Bar Empty Re: Medusa Art Bar

Tue Oct 10, 2023 12:38 pm
Periodic Table wrote:@Rod Panhard, those bars are attractive and clean looking.

I like them, I should be concentrating on filling my boxes of 10oz bars but these were the same price as a standard 10oz bar where they usually carry a little more premium so just went for them.

denby likes this post

avatar
Guest
Guest

Medusa Art Bar Empty Re: Medusa Art Bar

Tue Oct 10, 2023 1:01 pm
Rod Panhard wrote:
Periodic Table wrote:@Rod Panhard, those bars are attractive and clean looking.

I like them, I should be concentrating on filling my boxes of 10oz bars but these were the same price as a standard 10oz bar where they usually carry a little more premium so just went for them.

Totally understand. I get sidetracked all the time. But there's a lot to say about variety. Cool
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother
Moderator
Posts : 3284
Join date : 2021-05-19
Location : UK

Medusa Art Bar Empty Re: Medusa Art Bar

Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:27 pm
Very nice @Rod Panhard . I haven't got those two.

Rod Panhard and denby like this post

Admin
Admin
Admin
Posts : 3346
Join date : 2021-05-08
Location : England UK
https://www.thepreciousmetalforum.com

Medusa Art Bar Empty Re: Medusa Art Bar

Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:50 am
Just WOW

Rod Panhard likes this post

Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum