The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://www.thepreciousmetalforum.com

Your Voting is really required.  Empty Your Voting is really required.

Sat Sep 30, 2023 8:53 pm
Please if you can, Think long and hard about this question and answer it if you can... I need your votes.

What are your Top 5 Coins or Rounds of the Year.

What are your bottom 5 of this year. IE belongs in a bucket of other molten metal.

And name a Mint of the year award.

Thank you everyone who can replies.

MY Top 5 Coins of the year are :
-
-
-
-
-

Worst coins of the year are
-
-
-
-
-

Mint of the Year is :

denby and tray like this post

tray
tray

Your Voting is really required.  Empty Re: Your Voting is really required.

Sat Sep 30, 2023 9:21 pm
That's a hard one, there has been so many great designs this year. I wonder where My little pony will rate
There as been a lot of mints this year, which are really bringing exceptional designs out and some that have gone downhill with their designs and their quality

The Cat's Mother, AceBullion and denby like this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Sat Sep 30, 2023 9:56 pm
Where do I start? In giving my top five, I have limited myself to coins that I own and which were issued in 2023. It was very hard to pick just five, and I had to omit several that I think are as good as those I picked (think Bee and Gecko, for instance, or Captain Cook). The coins in my Melting Pot list I don't own, with one exception because it's part of a series. I've also included a couple of rounds.
These are also utterly personal and arbitrary choices made from a vast list of possibilities. If I've been rude about one of your personal favourites, just put it down to my terrible taste or stick pins in a wax doll. Right, sticking my head above the parapet now .....

My Top Five (not in any order):
1. Durga 1oz 2023 (Cameroon) Le Grand Mint
2. The Wave 2oz 2023 (Cook Island) CIT
3. Aphrodite and Adonis 2oz 2023 (Cameroon) Le Grand Mint
4. Azure Kingfisher 1oz 2023 (Niue) Downies, I think.
5. Fishmonger Cat (Intaglio Mint). This was really a dead heat with Magician Cat, but I'll allow the Magician to disappear.

Melting Pot Five (again, not in any order):
1. The 2023 Quokka. Sorry  @ArcaneCollector , but it's horrid, and is an insult to quokkas.
2. Titanoboa 2023 (Congo) I have this as part of the series, but I don't like it. At all.
3. Roaring Lion of Judah 2023 (Niue). Just yuck.
4. Jedi Crest 2023 (Niue) Milking the franchise for all it's worth. Would have been the James Bond Crest, but that was 2022.
5. Mickey and Donald 2023 (Niue) Shameless exploitation and money grubbing. I could have picked any one of the Disney/Comic Book/Cartoon derivatives.

Mint of the Year
Has to be Le Grand Mint for me. I have two of their coins in my favourites list, and to be honest I could have had a couple more. Even more if I had gone beyond 2023.

AceBullion and denby like this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Sat Sep 30, 2023 9:58 pm
tray wrote:That's a hard one, there has been so many great designs this year. I wonder where My little pony will rate
There as been a lot of mints this year, which are really bringing exceptional designs out and some that have gone downhill with their designs and their quality

Rats!! I forgot about My Little Pony. That one deserves an award all to itself.
Your Voting is really required.  1f4a9

denby
denby

Sat Sep 30, 2023 10:01 pm
My mint of the year is RAM, best price and quality,

top 5 coins are

RAM year of Rabbit
RAM coat of arms
RAM white rhino australian zoo
Durga Hindu Goddess Le Grand Mint
Panda 2023, China Mint

S..T mint of the year, UK Royal Mint, Wales

bottom 5 coins were

KCIII brits, poor quality, milking, scratches etc,
2023 perth mint, quokka, didn't make one?
2023 korean mint, chi woo, where are they?
2023 korean mint, Zi Sin, where is it?
2023 dead men tell no tales,

The Cat's Mother, AceBullion and tray like this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Sat Sep 30, 2023 10:06 pm
Hi  @denby , there is a 2023 Quokka, but it isn't listed in many places yet.

Hello again @denby . Just done some digging:
Zi Sin Lepus (2023) has been out for a while and is on Martin's website.
Chiwoo Cheonwang 2023 is also out. Atkinsons have it in stock.

Last edited by The Cat's Mother on Sun Oct 01, 2023 12:22 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Additional information)

tray
tray

Sat Sep 30, 2023 10:14 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:Where do I start? In giving my top five, I have limited myself to coins that I own and which were issued in 2023. It was very hard to pick just five, and I had to omit several that I think are as good as those I picked (think Bee and Gecko, for instance, or Captain Cook). The coins in my Melting Pot list I don't own, with one exception because it's part of a series. I've also included a couple of rounds.
These are also utterly personal and arbitrary choices made from a vast list of possibilities. If I've been rude about one of your personal favourites, just put it down to my terrible taste or stick pins in a wax doll. Right, sticking my head above the parapet now .....

5. Fishmonger Cat (Intaglio Mint). This was really a dead heat with Magician Cat, but I'll allow the Magician to disappear.

1. The 2023 Quokka. Sorry  @ArcaneCollector , but it's horrid, and is an insult to quokkas.
2. Titanoboa 2023 (Congo) I have this as part of the series, but I don't like it. At all.
4. Jedi Crest 2023 (Niue) Milking the franchise for all it's worth. Would have been the James Bond Crest, but that was 2022.
5. Mickey and Donald 2023 (Niue) Shameless exploitation and money grubbing. I could have picked any one of the Disney/Comic Book/Cartoon derivatives.

Mint of the Year
Has to be Le Grand Mint for me. I have two of their coins in my favourites list, and to be honest I could have had a couple more. Even more if I had gone beyond 2023.

God that Titanoboa was awful we all got stuck with that one
All the starwars were crap
durga second coin out soon goodie

The Cat's Mother, AceBullion and denby like this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Sun Oct 01, 2023 1:35 pm
I also completely forgot about the Smurf coins, which are almost as bad as the My Little Pony creations.

denby and tray like this post

tray
tray

Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:15 pm
Top five
2oz eagle and raven - xxi
Durga - Le Grand Mint
Four horses are the apocalypse -Carpathian Mint
Chess King - Perth Mint
Honeybee - Le Grand Mint

5 worst I only own one
Titan boa - Scottsdale Mint
Star wars - Royal Mint
Myths and legends - Royal Mint
Disney - All Mints
Star wars- Royal Mint
Rwandan wildlife - BH Mayer's Mint

Best Mint ,,cannot decide between two both producing exceptionally high quality coins
XXI
le Grand Mint

The Cat's Mother and denby like this post

ArcaneCollector
ArcaneCollector

Sun Oct 01, 2023 3:41 pm
denby wrote:My mint of the year is RAM, best price and quality,

top 5 coins are

RAM year of Rabbit
RAM coat of arms
RAM white rhino australian zoo
Durga Hindu Goddess Le Grand Mint
Panda 2023, China Mint

S..T mint of the year, UK Royal Mint, Wales

bottom 5 coins were

KCIII brits, poor quality, milking, scratches etc,
2023 perth mint, quokka, didn't make one?
2023 korean mint, chi woo, where are they?
2023 korean mint, Zi Sin, where is it?
2023 dead men tell no tales,

@denby I’ve had the Chiwoo and the ZI:Sin for a while already.

denby likes this post

ArcaneCollector
ArcaneCollector

Sun Oct 01, 2023 3:45 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:Where do I start? In giving my top five, I have limited myself to coins that I own and which were issued in 2023. It was very hard to pick just five, and I had to omit several that I think are as good as those I picked (think Bee and Gecko, for instance, or Captain Cook). The coins in my Melting Pot list I don't own, with one exception because it's part of a series. I've also included a couple of rounds.

Mint of the Year

I’m certain that’s actually the 2022 quokka?

denby likes this post

ArcaneCollector
ArcaneCollector

Sun Oct 01, 2023 3:54 pm
Top coins

1. 2023 Somalian Elephant. Beautiful texture and looks like a proof coin.
2. 2023 Kookaburra. 2 birds and the Warratah flower.
3. 2023 Memorial gold sovereign
4. That chameleon coin
5. Kookaburied zombuck.

Bottom 5
1. 2023 milky scratched brits
2. Queens beast coins
3. Anything Star Wars
4. Anything Disney
5. Roaring lion, Niue.

Mint of the year. Perth Mint

The Cat's Mother, denby and tray like this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Sun Oct 01, 2023 4:08 pm
Hi  @ArcaneCollector . It is the 2023 Quokka that I meant. It's shown on EMK's website as 'coming soon'.

https://www.emk.com/en-us/quokka-1-oz-ibau002365?returnurl=%2fen-us%2fsearch%3fq%3dquokka%23ibau002365

denby likes this post

ArcaneCollector
ArcaneCollector

Sun Oct 01, 2023 5:55 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:Hi  @ArcaneCollector . It is the 2023 Quokka that I meant. It's shown on EMK's website as 'coming soon'.

https://www.emk.com/en-us/quokka-1-oz-ibau002365?returnurl=%2fen-us%2fsearch%3fq%3dquokka%23ibau002365

Nooooooooooooooo! It looks like he’s er…how do I say this politely? Dropping off his kids at the pool.

denby likes this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Sun Oct 01, 2023 6:31 pm
ArcaneCollector wrote:
The Cat's Mother wrote:Hi  @ArcaneCollector . It is the 2023 Quokka that I meant. It's shown on EMK's website as 'coming soon'.

Nooooooooooooooo! It looks like he’s er…how do I say this politely? Dropping off his kids at the pool.

@ArcaneCollector You're more polite than I would have been, but I'm sure you can appreciate why I have it in my Melting Pot list.

denby likes this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Sun Oct 01, 2023 8:46 pm
Hey  @tray , here's a link to the new Durga:

https://thecoinshoppe.ca/product/durga-2024-2000-francs-cfa-1-oz-high-relief-proof-like-pure-silver-investment-coin-capsule-coa-cameroon-le-grand-mint-coming-soon/

Obviously CGA at the moment, but it looks promising. Do you think we'll have to get to work on Martin?  Your Voting is really required.  1f63d

denby likes this post

tray
tray

Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:03 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:Hey  @tray , here's a link to the new Durga:

https://thecoinshoppe.ca/product/durga-2024-2000-francs-cfa-1-oz-high-relief-proof-like-pure-silver-investment-coin-capsule-coa-cameroon-le-grand-mint-coming-soon/

Obviously CGA at the moment, but it looks promising. Do you think we'll have to get to work on Martin?  Your Voting is really required.  1f63d

It does look promising but I would like to see how it's made if it's a transfer on the coin.
Hopefully Martin will get some in considering he did have the first one. Fingers crossed!

denby likes this post

Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:12 pm
My Top Coins of the year in alphabetical order by mint are :

- BSM 2023 1/10 Gold Somalia African Elephant coin & 2023 1 oz Silver Colorized Somalia Elephant coin
- CIT 2023 3 oz Silver Cook Islands The Vault coin & upcoming 2023 5 oz Silver Colorized Grand Canyon coin
- MP/GM 2023 2 oz Silver Colorized Niue Island Chameleon coin
- NZM 2023 1 oz Silver Niue Wile E Coyote
- PM 2023 1/10 Gold Australia Kangaroo Coin & 2023 1/10 Platinum Australian Koala coin

Honorable Mentions - Unknown mint 2023 1 oz Silver Colorized Niue 2023 Captain James Cook coin, RM 2023 1 oz Silver Proof Colorized Music Legends coin: The Police and USM 2023 1 oz Silver Proof Medal American Liberty (Bristlecone Pine)

Worst coins of the year are
- RSM 2023 1/10 Gold Reverse Proof Toro Doubloon
-
-
-
-

Mint of the Year is :
- CIT
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:20 pm
tray wrote:

It does look promising but I would like to see how it's made if it's a transfer on the coin.
Hopefully Martin will get some in considering he did have the first one. Fingers crossed!

The original image of the first Durga looked just like this one. Then the real coin came out and the rest is history. I think the mint knocks up a photo to use for publicity before the real thing is produced.

denby likes this post

tray
tray

Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:23 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:
tray wrote:

The original image of the first Durga looked just like this one. Then the real coin came out and the rest is history. I think the mint knocks up a photo to use for publicity before the real thing is produced.

I hope so, love the first one

denby likes this post

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum