The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
AVG

Monday Problems  Empty Monday Problems

Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:05 pm
The day did not start the way it normally does. Waiting for my coin to be delivered USPS . You watch on line the time the post
person is going to deliver my package. These days you have to watch when you package will come in, So this person does not
put the package in the mail box so I ask him were it is he says he can't find it. I go back on line and it says at the USPS site that
it is delivered. Well the person was going to steal my coin. After I tell him that he just put up that he delivered it
he comes up with the package out of his truck. You have to watch these days who is going to give you the business Smile .
And the coin has milk spots and a cracked capsule.
The day is not over yet Smile .

Admin likes this post

ArcaneCollector
ArcaneCollector

Monday Problems  Empty Re: Monday Problems

Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:07 pm
That is not good. Next time order a tarantula and ask the seller to label it as silver coins. That’ll teach the thief.

Admin likes this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:15 am
Glitter bombs are good too, and don't involve upsetting a poor innocent tarantula.

Admin likes this post

AVG

Tue Oct 03, 2023 4:06 pm
My post was to make everyone aware of what you have to watch for when you have something of value
shipped to you from any of our mailing systems.

Admin likes this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:17 pm
AVG wrote:My post was to make everyone aware of what you have to watch for when you have something of value

Hi @AVG. We do appreciate you doing this, and it isn't something that I was aware of at least, so it's good to know.
Unfortunately for those who have to deal with us, Brits have a very weird sense of humour, polished over the centuries, and this can sometimes come across badly. Just ask @Admin to confirm - we often lose him and he lives here!

Admin likes this post

Admin
Admin
Admin
https://www.thepreciousmetalforum.com

Tue Oct 03, 2023 8:03 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:
AVG wrote:My post was to make everyone aware of what you have to watch for when you have something of value

Hi  @AVG. We do appreciate you doing this, and it isn't something that I was aware of at least, so it's good to know.
Unfortunately for those who have to deal with us, Brits have a very weird sense of humour, polished over the centuries, and this can sometimes come across badly. Just ask  @Admin to confirm - we often lose him and he lives here!

I don't have a choice.... for god sake.. buy my bullion so I can get the heck outta here... they have me hostage!
AVG

Tue Oct 03, 2023 8:33 pm
Admin & TCM
I had to do this it is the second time this month from two deferent postal drivers one male and one female
that had my package in the truck and not deliver. It's a sad world when you have to sit my your window
and watch your mail box Smile . Here in the USA the other companies leave your package behind the storm door which is not the door to the house don't even ring the bell and run away.

AceBullion likes this post

AceBullion
AceBullion
Sponsor
https://www.acebullion.com

Tue Oct 03, 2023 9:49 pm
AVG wrote:Admin & TCM
I had to do this it is the second time this month from two deferent postal drivers one male and one female
that had my package in the truck and not deliver. It's a sad world when you have to sit my your window
and watch your mail box Smile . Here in the USA the other companies leave your package behind the storm door which is not the door to the house don't even ring the bell and run away.

I remember American style houses very well. I owned mine up till 3 years ago when I gave it to my brother.

Video recorded and Safe boxes are a must now
SilverTrader
SilverTrader
Sponsor
https://www.silvertrader.uk/

Wed Oct 04, 2023 12:55 am
THe UK is not that bad but you still have to watch the buggers like a hawk
i check and know exactly what i might get every morning
ups and fedex can be interesting as the tracking does not always say out for delivery but sadly i know exactly how they operate nowadays lol
so i can guess if its out or not
royal mail is increasingly interesting the last month or so not so much expecting packages but but when checking on my orders being delivered
short version is they are falling apart all over the country and the tracking website for royal mail has been malfunctioning since monday so not looking forward to the Christmas rush at all in any way :-(

Admin and denby like this post

AVG

Wed Oct 04, 2023 2:17 am
ST
It's a good thing I am here in Florida if I was back in N.Y. were I lived 50 years of my life I would be mugged at the mail box Smile .

Admin likes this post

Admin
Admin
Admin

Wed Oct 04, 2023 12:07 pm
AVG wrote:ST
It's a good thing I am here in Florida if I was back in N.Y. were I lived 50 years of my life I would be mugged at the mail box Smile .

Yikes.

This is why Granny sat on the porch with a shotgun. Very Happy Sorry I am joking... but you can see going back in time sadly..

AVG

Wed Oct 04, 2023 3:48 pm
Admin
Life goes on, their noting you can do. It's when you think about it you are sitting by your window
all day waiting for you package to come no matter which company is delivering it so it does not
get stolen. The sad part is who is going to take it someone walking by or the delivering person Sad .

Admin likes this post

Admin
Admin
Admin

Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:30 pm
AVG wrote:Admin
Life goes on, their noting you can do. It's when you think about it you are sitting by your window
all day waiting for you package to come no matter which company is delivering it so it does not
get stolen. The sad part is who is going to take it someone walking by or the delivering person Sad .

Well growing in in the sticks...... in CT. Wont narrow it down because I know what your like... you will look up my yearbook photo after you narrow down the schools. LOL And OMG I do not want my yearbook photo out there.

But we never had that issue. We never locked our doors. We just never.
The worst thing we did was put bologna on a car in the summer ( you know that one crazy looney who always shouted and swore at you ) or we waited until Halloween and then TP the heck out of their house. LOL

Now it is who , what , where, when, and sometimes for what? a Tooth brush head? c'mon it is soo sad. I love that in the UK we have letter boxes that they come up to. Some parts of CT had them and the mailman ( no PC here ) had to walk out of his mail van. But here, letter boxes that lead directly into your house. Some houses have a secure double porch system. But if it wont fit though your letterbox they knock and you open the door. If your not in, they re deliver when it is suitable for you.

America ( how I still love my Country ) just is so far behind in so many ways. And the problem is because MOST do not want people on the property, Ironically it is those in the City who do and need to have it delivered to your door in person...... to avoid the problems you mentioned. Argh. I have been here too long and I think about the elderly and disabled who have to walk out and hope they are not a target.

Evil or Very Mad

AVG likes this post

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum