The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
monkey
monkey

Hello, I am the Monkey coo coo kachoo Empty Hello, I am the Monkey coo coo kachoo

Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:29 pm
Hi Just thought i would introduce my self.

I've come across this forum though Silver Trader after buying a couple of pieces from him.

I started collecting and stacking about a year ago. Also playing around and toying with creative ideas of how to make silver art and trinkets.
I'm not hugely knowledgeable but happy to offer help and advice whenever I think I can.

I'm looking forward to getting to know the community.  Hello, I am the Monkey coo coo kachoo 1f435

Admin, The Cat's Mother, AceBullion, denby, ArcaneCollector, tray and Silverlocks like this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Hello, I am the Monkey coo coo kachoo Empty Re: Hello, I am the Monkey coo coo kachoo

Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:49 pm
Hello there  @monkey , you're very welcome. I do like your avatar.  Hello, I am the Monkey coo coo kachoo 1f63b
There's a bit going on at the moment: the Secret Santa closes at midnight on Friday, and I'll post a list of entrants when I get up on Saturday morning, so if you want to sign up for that then you would be very welcome. You will have to make a few posts (I think it's four) in order to PM your details to me, but that's not hard to do.
Other than that, have a good look round and see the lunatics in their very own asylum. Only joking: we're a very friendly bunch and also happy to help each other.

AceBullion, denby and monkey like this post

monkey
monkey

Hello, I am the Monkey coo coo kachoo Empty Re: Hello, I am the Monkey coo coo kachoo

Thu Nov 23, 2023 3:10 pm
Thanks Glad you like the avatar! I'll see if I have something worthy for a secret santa. I wouldn't want to offer up any tat.

Just getting to grips with the forum interface at the moment. Once I have a mental map, I'm sure I'll be able to start swinging round the threads.

AceBullion and denby like this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Thu Nov 23, 2023 3:30 pm
The bananas are kept in the News section.
Apart from me and @Admin , who are totally bananas.

denby and monkey like this post

monkey
monkey

Thu Nov 23, 2023 3:42 pm
I've already found some prime bananas in the news section. looking to see if there are more that catch my eye Hello, I am the Monkey coo coo kachoo 1f648

denby likes this post

monkey
monkey

Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:58 pm
I think I've had a good little wonder round. I was wondering if there is a thread for any creative projects members partake in. Or would AceBullion's webpage be the best place for such things? Some lovely work on there!
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:23 pm
monkey wrote:I think I've had a good little wonder round. I was wondering if there is a thread for any creative projects members partake in. Or would AceBullion's webpage be the best place for such things? Some lovely work on there!
Probably the 'Silver' section, or pictures/videos would be good places. I think @AceBullion 's website is for his own stuff, but you can always ask him.

monkey likes this post

tray
tray

Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:15 pm
Hi monkey I'm not sure if we've got a section on what people have designed, there is a growing interest in poured silver. You could always put up some pictures of what you have designed and your projects if you don't mind showing. I would like to see it. I haven't got an artistic bone in my body so I wouldn't know where to start. I collect gold and silver, may have most of germanias pieces they have released. But I generally collect anything I like the look of. In recent years I have a lot of modern day 1 oz silver, but I'm still a sucker for early milled coins in particular, Gothic floins and Maundy Money

monkey likes this post

AceBullion
AceBullion
Sponsor
https://www.acebullion.com

Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:33 pm
Welcome to the forum.
The more the merrier

monkey likes this post

monkey
monkey

Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:28 am
Maybe worth me starting a new creators thread?

I have a few ideas, but never poured metal. I am a creative and work with digital models in a design roll with some engineering thrown in. I have an idea of creating some bullion bars based on automotive themes. I could post some images of the CAD for it if its of interest in a new thread. It would be good to work with a silver creator to produce something together.

Admin likes this post

Silverlocks
Silverlocks

Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:30 pm
monkey wrote:Maybe worth me starting a new creators thread?

I have a few ideas, but never poured metal. I am a creative and work with digital models in a design roll with some engineering thrown in. I have an idea of creating some bullion bars based on automotive themes. I could post some images of the CAD for it if its of interest in a new thread. It would be good to work with a silver creator to produce something together.

You can get 3D printable investment casting wax, I think. Do your homework on that. Also, you might find that the furnaces and other paraphernalia for casting silver aren't that expensive.

Admin and monkey like this post

Admin
Admin
Admin
https://www.thepreciousmetalforum.com

Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:57 pm
I do that all the time and also design my own things.

Pictures will follow in the pic section.

But I am looking for someone who can spend a bit of time to do a personal CAD file. hmmm

monkey likes this post

monkey
monkey

Thu Nov 30, 2023 1:19 pm
thanks silverlocks, I have seen 3D printers for castable wax. I designed my wife's engagement ring and our wedding rings to be printed in wax. these were then cast by a company in Birmingham UK. I'll see if I can get some images posted in the pictures thread.

I might be able to help out Admin with the personal CAD side of thing. It's my daily job. I've not modeled organic designs (animals and people) most of what I do are products and automotive designs work. Let me know if it would be of interest. Very Happy

AceBullion likes this post

Silverlocks
Silverlocks

Thu Nov 30, 2023 1:25 pm
Admin wrote:I do that all the time and also design my own things.

Pictures will follow in the pic section.

But I am looking for someone who can spend a bit of time to do a personal CAD file. hmmm

If you're wanting somebody to do the design, you might be able to get somebody of fiverr or something like that.  Once you've got the design it should be possible to frig it to add sprues and suchlike yourself.

AceBullion and monkey like this post

Jazz
Jazz

Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:42 pm
Hello and welcome to the forum. Which country are you from?????

AceBullion likes this post

monkey
monkey

Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:26 am
Jazz wrote:Hello and welcome to the forum. Which country are you from?????

I'm in the UK

Admin and AceBullion like this post

Jazz
Jazz

Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:07 pm
monkey wrote:
Jazz wrote:Hello and welcome to the forum. Which country are you from?????

I'm in the UK

Nice 👌
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum