The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
AVG

Lunar Dragon Empty Lunar Dragon

Wed Dec 13, 2023 4:32 pm
Hello All
This just came in today. Lunar Dragon 2oz.silver Stackable. I had a hard time to take a photo of this one for me.
.The second photo is the front.
Lunar Dragon P1010536Lunar Dragon P1010537
Lunar Dragon Deagon10

Last edited by AVG on Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:43 pm; edited 2 times in total

Admin, Rod Panhard, tray and monkey like this post

monkey
monkey

Lunar Dragon Empty Re: Lunar Dragon

Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:12 pm
That's the best image I have seen of this stack-able. If I knew it looked this good i may have bought some them! Some good photography there!

Admin and Rod Panhard like this post

AVG

Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:27 pm
Monkey
The price has gone high on some sites. I got it at JM for $75.00 so it was the time to grab it.

Admin and monkey like this post

Silverlocks
Silverlocks

Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:54 pm
Your problem looks like shallow depth of field on the camera.  Mobile phones are quite prone to this due to the tiny sensors on the camera.  You can get around this using a software technique called focus stacking.  

This involves taking a series of pictures at various focal distances, and then using software to stitch the pictures together.  If you're using an Android phone, then the Opencamera app is free and can take the pictures (known as focus bracketing).  There are apps for iPhones that do this as well.  Then you need to get an application to do the stacking.  I've been using Photoshop but there is an application called Helion that does this, and probably several others.

AVG

Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:24 pm
Silverlocks
Thank you for the info on the photo. All the photo's I put up are hand held. At 83 I am not going into any more photo programs. Never use my cell phone for anything but calling my wife when we are shopping to find out were she is at Smile .

Admin likes this post

Admin
Admin
Admin
https://www.thepreciousmetalforum.com

Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:48 am
AVG wrote:Silverlocks
Thank you for the info on the photo. All the photo's I put up are hand held.  At 83 I am not going into any more photo programs. Never use my cell phone for anything but calling my wife when we are shopping to find out were she is at Smile .

I surrender to your excellence.

You guys who are putting up these photos... I might have to ask to put some Ducks up on pictures... I dont know yet. I am setting stuff up maybe today but WOW

You all Rock.

denby and monkey like this post

Rod Panhard
Rod Panhard

Thu Dec 14, 2023 3:30 pm
Your photo does actually bring out the dragon in this, I have one of these and it does not really grab me, it's difficult to make out the dragon it's just a series of angles reflecting light in all directions is all I see when I look at it. Your picture actually looks like it is a dragon.

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Thu Dec 14, 2023 3:40 pm
Rod Panhard wrote:Your photo does actually bring out the dragon in this, I have one of these and it does not really grab me, it's difficult to make out the dragon it's just a series of angles reflecting light in all directions is all I see when I look at it.  Your picture actually looks like it is a dragon.

I tend to sympathise with you @Rod Panhard . There was a rabbit in a similar style, issued last year, and I wasn't really taken with it. The dragon looked a lot more promising, and it depends so much on the photograph. On balance, I decided against: I already have too much on the go.

Admin, Rod Panhard and monkey like this post

Rod Panhard
Rod Panhard

Thu Dec 14, 2023 3:47 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:
Rod Panhard wrote:Your photo does actually bring out the dragon in this, I have one of these and it does not really grab me, it's difficult to make out the dragon it's just a series of angles reflecting light in all directions is all I see when I look at it.  Your picture actually looks like it is a dragon.

I tend to sympathise with you  @Rod Panhard . There was a rabbit in a similar style, issued last year, and I wasn't really taken with it. The dragon looked a lot more promising, and it depends so much on the photograph. On balance, I decided against: I already have too much on the go.

It's maybe because mine is still in the capsule which is still in the sealed poly sleeve that I can't see the dragon in it, it's also bright silver where all the other stackers are more antiqued in finish.

Admin, denby and monkey like this post

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum