The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://www.thepreciousmetalforum.com

2024 Koala by The Royal Australian Mint Empty 2024 Koala by The Royal Australian Mint

Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:18 pm
Note this is NOT by the Perth Mint!
limited to 25K

The Cat's Mother, denby and AVG like this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

2024 Koala by The Royal Australian Mint Empty Re: 2024 Koala by The Royal Australian Mint

Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:58 pm
My Koala came through the letterbox just as I started to watch the video, so the timing couldn't have been better. I do like this, and I haven't been collecting the Perth Mint Koalas because, well, life's too short. I am a fan of the RAM, and their Kangaroos have seen some very imaginative designs including Aboriginal artwork.
From my perspective, the koala is climbing up a slanted object of some description, which means the writing is horizontal, and the marks on his hip are meant to show rumpled fur. I love the semi-stylised eucalyptus branches in the background, which I hope gives a hint that future issues will also have a bit more of an artistic approach rather than a purely naturalistic one.

denby likes this post

AVG

2024 Koala by The Royal Australian Mint Empty Re: 2024 Koala by The Royal Australian Mint

Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:01 pm
I like it but the blank space would have been the place for the word. KOALA
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum