The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://www.thepreciousmetalforum.com

Unique Platypus from the Perth Mint Empty Unique Platypus from the Perth Mint

Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:03 am
1.5 oz of pure silver

I am keeping mine

The Cat's Mother, denby, Silverlocks and AVG like this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Unique Platypus from the Perth Mint Empty Re: Unique Platypus from the Perth Mint

Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:55 am
Mine arrived yesterday from Martin. I love it, and not just because it reminds me of the beasties that I was watching in Tasmania. It is odd that a 2021 coin should only just be appearing - one of life's little mysteries. Anyway, I'm glad Martin managed to get hold of them.
It's only the male that has the poisonous spur at the base of the tail. Wouldn't you know it?
Glad you like your gold m'dear.
Without combing through my list for others, 1.5 oz coins seem to be a bit of a Canadian speciality. I have a series of 1.5oz Super Maple Leaf coins running from 2015 to 2019. There's also a series of Arctic Wildlife coins at the same weight: Polar Bear 2013; Arctic Fox 2014; Polar Bear and Cub 2015; Snow Falcon 2016, and Snowy Owl 2018. There was a Grizzly Bear in 2017, which wasn't sold as part of the Arctic Series, and a Bull in 2020. There may be more but those are the only ones I have.

Admin and denby like this post

Admin
Admin
Admin
https://www.thepreciousmetalforum.com

Unique Platypus from the Perth Mint Empty Re: Unique Platypus from the Perth Mint

Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:37 am
The Cat's Mother wrote:Mine arrived yesterday from Martin. I love it, and not just because it reminds me of the beasties that I was watching in Tasmania. It is odd that a 2021 coin should only just be appearing - one of life's little mysteries. Anyway, I'm glad Martin managed to get hold of them.
It's only the male that has the poisonous spur at the base of the tail. Wouldn't you know it?
Glad you like your gold m'dear.
Without combing through my list for others, 1.5 oz coins seem to be a bit of a Canadian speciality. I have a series of 1.5oz Super Maple Leaf coins running from 2015 to 2019. There's also a series of Arctic Wildlife coins at the same weight: Polar Bear 2013; Arctic Fox 2014; Polar Bear and Cub 2015; Snow Falcon 2016, and Snowy Owl 2018. There was a Grizzly Bear in 2017, which wasn't sold as part of the Arctic Series, and a Bull in 2020. There may be more but those are the only ones I have.

Oh wow..... Shocked I seriously had no idea and I found it to be unique. Still those appear from my guess to be more from Canadian Mint. Which I love anyway. But wow.

More than I knew or thought existed. Thank you very much.

denby likes this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:33 am
Yes @Admin , they're all Canadian coins.

Admin likes this post

Silverlocks
Silverlocks

Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:51 pm
Admin wrote:1.5 oz of pure silver

I am keeping mine

Shiny.  I thought they only made the Platypus design in platinum.  I might get one of those next week.

Admin likes this post

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum