The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
WeeBear
WeeBear

Medicinal Cannabis for sick kids Empty Medicinal Cannabis for sick kids

Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:38 pm
Hi everyone

I asked Jon first if it was OK to do this because its a mile off topic for most people.

Medicinal cannabis can be legally prescribed in the UK (this has been the case for nearly 2 years now) but NHS patients are still battling with doctors and politicians for access to it. If you are able to afford private healthcare it is a completely different story, its as easy as getting paracetomol. Cannabis is currently saving the life of a very special wee boy that I have got to know, through campaigning with his mum. At one point Cole was so sick he couldn't walk or talk and he couldn't swallow food, he was very close to death. Then cannabis brought him back. Coles mum Lisa is a single mum who has to find £1200 every month to pay for the medicine that is keeping Cole alive, and she also has to pay £240 for the consultation and prescription. This is unaffordable for most people in our country so Lisa's life revolves around fundraising and campaigning.

Below is a link to Coles fundraising GoFundMe. I understand that not everyone is in a position to donate financially, but I would really really appreciate it if you could share it on your social media pages, it would be a massive help to the family.

Thank you all for taking the time to read my post, you are a wonderful group of people and I am glad I found you 💚

https://gofund.me/de49dffe

Admin, Fortune8 and CanadianGoldHunter like this post

Admin
Admin
Admin
https://www.thepreciousmetalforum.com

Medicinal Cannabis for sick kids Empty Re: Medicinal Cannabis for sick kids

Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:48 pm
@kimchi @CanadianGoldHunter

Now you guys can have a good conversation here and remember to keep it legal ...Just use common sense... I trust you all.

Fortune8, AceBullion, WeeBear and CanadianGoldHunter like this post

Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:27 pm
Many thanks for posting WeeBear, this is a national disgrace, it's basically withholding life-saving medicine unless you are rich....it's morally criminal.

Thank you for the Gofundme details and I hope folk will share it on social media Smile

Is there any other way we play our part in raising awareness and putting pressure on the Government?

Is there any sense among campaigners of how close this might be to being rectified?

Last edited by kimchi on Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:39 pm
Hi Wee Bear - well done man for bringing this into the light. No child should be in this situation. We describe ourselves as an 'advanced' society yet many recoil at the mention of anything beyond their limited vision of a status quo framework of health care. Good man.
WeeBear
WeeBear

Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:56 pm
Thank you mervs68. Without getting too graphic, Coles medical team suggested further brain surgery that has the potential to leave him paralysed down the one side or dead, after refusing to prescribe the cannabis medicine thats keeping him alive and seizure free Crying or Very sad it's like watching a science fiction horror movie 🤬

Admin, AceBullion and CanadianGoldHunter like this post

Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:11 pm
mervs68 wrote:Hi Wee Bear - well done man for bringing this into the light. No child should be in this situation. We describe ourselves as an 'advanced' society yet many recoil at the mention of anything beyond their limited vision of a status quo framework of health care. Good man.

Absolutely agreed, we're not advanced, we've regressed - cannabis was a popular and widely-used over-the-counter medicine in the UK until early last century. Queen Victoria swore by the stuff!

I am just so glad that attitudes are changing again now. It was a little old lady serving in the supermarket who I chat to who first turned me on to CBD oil for my own health issues and my late father. I wish I'd gone much further with that for him, and his condition did qualify for a cannabis prescription even on the NHS, but of course they wouldn't prescribe it. I may post about that in another thread as it's a different (if related) topic.

When will the politicians reflect the will of the people? If only for one child (and it's NOT), in this case Cole, how can they deny him life-saving medication???
WeeBear
WeeBear

Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:25 pm
i thought i had replied to you earlier kimchi but im still trying to work out how to use the forum so i keep making a pigs ear of it!  we have never been so close to legal access but its been damn near impossible to get it over the finish line because they keep moving the goal posts.  there are 2 court cases ongoing in the UK just now that could flip everything in our favour.  One of these cases is an NHS doctor who prescribed a sick child cannabis medicine and they've taken him to court to try and stop him, even though they made it legal for him to do so 2 years ago.  the biggest problem we have though is devolution.  Scotland have fully devolved health and pharmaceutical services so when the UK rescheduled cannabis for medicinal purposes 2 years ago, it then became a devolved issue.  technically this should have made it a lot easier for patients in Scotland because we have our own Scottish Medicines Consortium that authorise drugs for NHS Scotland and we have the Scottish Intercollegiate Guidelines Network who write guidelines for NHS Scotland, but we have a 1 woman government who has refused point blank to put our own institutions to work on this, choosing instead to follow NHS England and NICE guidelines so she can blame the UK Government for no one getting access to it in Scotland.  i told her i was going to sit on her doorstep until she helped the sick kids, but instead of sending them help she sent me police scotland's public order unit from Glasgow, who usually deal with football hooligans and rioters, and they put me on a watchlist!  i even managed to get the Scottish Governments Chief Medical Officer and Chief Pharmaceutical Officer, along with a cross party group of MSP's into a room where we were promised the world, but the minute we left the room the Scottish Government denied promising us anything so we got nothing.  it wasnt long after that the CMO got her P45 in the post for her "do i say not as i do" attitude when she got caught breaking her own lockdown rules, i nearly cracked a rib laughing at that one Razz

Admin, AceBullion and CanadianGoldHunter like this post

Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:55 am
Keep up the 'Good Fight' @WeeBear your cause is Just. Proud of you for supporting Coles and Lisa. 👏

Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:33 pm
Thanks so much for explaining  @WeeBear and I'll be hoping and praying for the breakthrough, and all power to the good doc <3

It is criminal (but best not get me started on politicians etc...). If you knocked on every door in the UK and explained the situation and showed the evidence I have no doubt whatsoever almost 100% of people would back Cole's mum and the doctor (and hundreds if not thousands more parents like her).

All power to you, let's get this over the line, and please let us know whatever we can do to help along with the fundraising for Lisa for Cole <3
WeeBear
WeeBear

Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:01 pm
Thanks Kimchi i appreciate it. ive been doing this for 7 years now and the only people who disagree with it are medical professionals and politicians, its been the worst kept secret in the history of all secret keeping so there is no one left to convince, its undeniable. ill keep you all updated with the wee mans progress

Admin and CanadianGoldHunter like this post

Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:27 am
Hi @WeeBear can you pm please, thanks merv😁👌
ilank14
ilank14

Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:18 pm
Best of luck and warm wishes to Cole

Admin and CanadianGoldHunter like this post

Fortune8
Fortune8

Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:43 pm
Admin wrote: @kimchi  @CanadianGoldHunter

Now you guys can have a good conversation here and remember to keep it legal ...Just use common sense... I trust you all.
Were you on heavy medication when you said " I trust you all "      lol!

CanadianGoldHunter likes this post

gji25
gji25

Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:24 pm
cannabis has been used for centuries all around the world for medical purposes and still is used today. the evidence has been proved to be beneficial. all the while the uk goverment deems it to be ilegal all the gansta dealers just get richer and richer
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum