The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down

What are we watching - TV, movies or streaming? Empty What are we watching - TV, movies or streaming?

Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:45 pm
What are we watching - TV, movies or streaming?

I've just caught the first three episodes of Obi-Wan Kenobi (as per my other thread) and am very disappointed with it after loving The Mandalorian and also really enjoying bits of The Book of Boba Fett.

A huge mistake not making it one or two films, and getting poor writers in, so far imo Sad

I started watching Spiderman: No Way Home last night and really enjoyed it (as I have most of the Marvel films). I didn't think I'd particularly like them after not being that impressed with the new Spidey in The Avengers, but the first two films were solid, and this has been a blast so far.

Going to finish this one up and then move onto Doctor Strange 2, which is the main event for me, Doctor Strange is awesome! Very Happy
ArcaneCollector
ArcaneCollector

What are we watching - TV, movies or streaming? Empty Re: What are we watching - TV, movies or streaming?

Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:59 pm
@kimchi I am just streaming Korean scifi/fantasy series on Netflix. Refreshingly original. If you have not tried any I suggest:

The Uncanny Counter
All of us are dead
Squid Game
The School Nurse Files
Sisyphus
Hotel Del Luna
Black

Admin likes this post

What are we watching - TV, movies or streaming? Empty Re: What are we watching - TV, movies or streaming?

Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:25 pm
ArcaneCollector wrote:@kimchi I am just streaming Korean scifi/fantasy series on Netflix. Refreshingly original. If you have not tried any I suggest:

The Uncanny Counter
All of us are dead
Squid Game
The School Nurse Files
Sisyphus
Hotel Del Luna
Black

Sweet buddy - I am super keen to watch Squid Game, thanks for the reminder! I haven't read much about it but I'm expecting a bit of a cross between The Running Man and Battle Royale (all the rage when I lived in Japan, I must watch that again too). What genres are the others?

That also reminds me, as well as Donnie Brasco I keep meaning to revisit (I may have the English name wrong) the Hong Kong trilogy Infernal Affairs (for those who don't know it's the inspiration for The Departed by Scorsese, and far superior in my opinion).

Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:40 am
Wow - just finished Spider-Man : No Way Home and I was absolutely blown away! Up there (to my surprise) with the very best of the Marvel films. I don't think it's a huge spoiler to say you need to watch the first two recent Spider-Mans (Homecoming, and Far From Home) first, and ideally the Tobey Maguire Spideys if you can, as well as the more recent (first) Dr Strange film.

Not going to muck around nitpicking this one - a straight 10/10 for me, absolutely superb!!! Very Happy
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum