The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://www.thepreciousmetalforum.com

Perth Mint Destroyed the Simpsons Empty Perth Mint Destroyed the Simpsons

Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:53 am

Rod Panhard likes this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Perth Mint Destroyed the Simpsons Empty Re: Perth Mint Destroyed the Simpsons

Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:31 pm
Does that mean I'll have to think of something else for you for Christmas, @Admin ?
I was so excited for you when I saw these listed on EMK, but now .....

Admin likes this post

Admin
Admin
Admin

Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:12 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:Does that mean I'll have to think of something else for you for Christmas,  @Admin ?
I was so excited for you when I saw these listed on EMK, but now .....
I have over a dozen emails and private messages saying they will send me the coin and bought it for that reason alone. 

WHY on earth would anyone buy these... And seriously PLEASE no one buy one for me!!! I am dead serious.
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:20 pm
Don't worry, I have resisted temptation. There's a line between winding you up and irritating you, and I generally try not to cross it. I reckon the purchasers are thinking along the same lines as the Perth Mint: Simpsons fans will go for any old tat as long as it's Simpsons themed. They're probably not too wrong, and I'm sure they've done their market research.

Admin likes this post

Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:40 pm
Are they serious with those designs/that styling? Shocked

I don't have much idea about these thinks but thought they might be Funk'O'Pops or whatever they're called? Are they Chibis (seen another comment that they are)? Those were all the rage in Japan...at the turn of the century.

I'm not really a fan as such but surely a Mr Burns or Ned or Moe would have gone down well with those that are???
Admin
Admin
Admin

Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:31 am
You both are correct. The fans and group I am in which is dedicated just to this series, we are all annoyed. 

As i said after I released the video, one of the members bought on. ( well in fact 2 did ) but one contacted me to say they wanted to send it to me for review. I had some interesting choice words with them. 

The other then jumps in the conversation and also said they were buying me that for my own collection. I told them politely I would melt it down without blinking twice on the same day it arrived! 

How on earth can you turn a cartoon character into a anime character???  The series had a huge potential. At first we were promised about 8 coins. GREAT... but then they repeated the cycle. WHY? I understand the Proof versions. Die hard fans like me paid ALOT for them. I can say my carded 1oz gold version is limited to just 500!!! Which is great. It still has a huge premium and people are wanting to give you 2 or 3 oz of gold for a trade! Seriously it is crazy, to me it is more about the collection. I only need 1 more Gold coin which has a mintage of 5000 and are usually found around Spot price. 

But holy cow. since this The prices have dropped.... I dont mind because mine were for a collection. The same as the Queens Beast but with more of a premium. 

Ned Flanders, Burns, Smithers, Disco Stu, Rev Love Joy, Ron and Tod, Comic book guy, Edna, Skinner, Snake, to name a few would have all been great, heck even Willy would be a laugh.... I am sure the UK market would love that. LOL 

The Perth Mint could have don't a basic 1oz or even a 2 oz coin for each character and made a huge fortune. But now has dropped and killed the series. Most like me think that even if they do go back we will not buy anything. 

Shame but true.

Rod Panhard
Rod Panhard

Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:42 am
I left my comment on your Youtube video Jon making my feelings known on this, I think 12 is the ideal number for a series just like a lunar series, this would be ideal for the likes of the Simpsons but greed seems to be the motive in churning out the same characters more than once. The Star Wars series is guilty of this as well.

Admin likes this post

Admin
Admin
Admin

Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:51 pm
Rod Panhard wrote:I left my comment on your Youtube video Jon making my feelings known on this, I think 12 is the ideal number for a series just like a lunar series, this would be ideal for the likes of the Simpsons but greed seems to be the motive in churning out the same characters more than once.  The Star Wars series is guilty of this as well.
Prime example here

https://www.govmint.com/2021-niue-2-1oz-silver-star-wars-resilient-rey-chibi-w-ogp

Rod Panhard
Rod Panhard

Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:57 pm
Admin wrote:
Rod Panhard wrote:I left my comment on your Youtube video Jon making my feelings known on this, I think 12 is the ideal number for a series just like a lunar series, this would be ideal for the likes of the Simpsons but greed seems to be the motive in churning out the same characters more than once.  The Star Wars series is guilty of this as well.
Prime example here

https://www.govmint.com/2021-niue-2-1oz-silver-star-wars-resilient-rey-chibi-w-ogp

I just don't get those things at all, the Bart Simpson one just looks plain wrong as well as being overpriced.

Admin likes this post

Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:26 pm
Admin wrote:
Ned Flanders, Burns, Smithers, Disco Stu, Rev Love Joy, Ron and Tod, Comic book guy, Edna, Skinner, Snake, to name a few would have all been great, heck even Willy would be a laugh.... I am sure the UK market would love that. LOL 

As a (very) casual watcher I only know the first three and the Indian shop owner (I think I heard they dropped him for PC reasons?). Maybe there are some beloved characters that have been introduced since I last saw it, but I think those all would have had a good general appeal as well as pleasing the hardcore fans (?). Oh and the school bus driver I know, but not his name.

Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:29 pm

Best not get me started on the Star Wars coins Rob LOL, they could and should have been done like Marvel and been stellar (no pun intended). It's unimaginable to be able to design a bad Darth Vader coin imvho, but somehow the clowns managed it!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:48 am
kimchi wrote:
Admin wrote:

As a (very) casual watcher I only know the first three and the Indian shop owner (I think I heard they dropped him for PC reasons?). Maybe there are some beloved characters that have been introduced since I last saw it, but I think those all would have had a good general appeal as well as pleasing the hardcore fans (?). Oh and the school bus driver I know, but not his name.

You are referring to 
[size=36]Apu Nahasapeemapetilon[/size]

No he is still very active. They even have Dr. Hibard and many other multicultural characters.  Heck one of Marges sisters is gay so they went with the times rather well. 
And the target audience who are still watching wont care, the new generation is just accepting everything and doesn't know any difference. GREAT !!!!   I hope the Simpsons continues for years to come but I heard they have now stopped making any further cartoons. Yes sad and true.

Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:26 pm
I remember quite a fuss at the time (I guess I still watched the 'news' back then lol!) so I looked it up out of interest  @Admin - apparently they had to (or, begrudgingly, did) change the voice actor in the end, from a white guy (the one who does Moe etc) to an American born ethnic Indian.

I think that's madness myself but then we're getting a bit political which I know and understand you're not a fan of.

Just thank goodness they kept Apu! Smile
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum