The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Inflation reduction act?

+4
SanMarino
AceBullion
Mike Xonox
Admin
8 posters
Go down
ShortJohnSilver
ShortJohnSilver

Inflation reduction act?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Inflation reduction act?

Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:46 am
Interesting how close our results & life experience are @Admin...

You couldceven be my Bruvver from anuvver Muvver in'nit...?!!!

Admin likes this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:06 am
Well, your grammar is very similar, @ShortJohnSilver and @Admin lol!

Admin likes this post

Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:14 am
Admin wrote:
I just seen your results, again close to mine but more in the authoritarian area. 

My son took this test and wrote down every answer he had, he then changed his answer to the polar opposite and the results were identical in the other direction. He played with his answer and it does move around. The questions are interesting, and I do not want to get into them. That is personal views and I know it would be open to debate. But we will all have our views and they wont change. 

As i said before it is a interesting test and I am not forcing anyone to take it. I hope those who did take it find it interesting....

It is interesting, and fantastic to hear your son tested the test (that's a clever boy)! The question is, is it possible to get a score that marks you as one (each) of the four corners of the square? If not it's useless. If so, it's very interesting but (again) who is setting the criteria?

I will take the test, I am intrigued now Smile

Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:32 am
OK I am just starting...three immediate warning signs...

The paragraph introducing the test strongly indicates gaslighting.

The first question is ridiculous (oh, but we've already been told that doesn't matter, so that's ok then, LOL!). As a student of (and graduate in) political science this is looking like absolute bunkum, but I'm prejudging there.

Thirdly I cast my eye over the website. It looks to pigeonhole people into boxes. Divide/conquer again possibly. I've already posted about this.

(I strongly suspect by the first question I am going to be labelled authoritarian).

Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:48 am
Page 2 now...the first two questions are so useless and unscientific, if you submitted this as a piece of coursework in Political Science you would probably be kicked off the course for being a complete fool...might as well ask if a tomato's a vegetable (it isn't) should it be sweet or really sweet...but let's continue...

Only just noticed there is no 'neither agree nor disagree' option, another warning sign. So it will not be possible to sit in the middle of the square (in reality this must be possible - thus the test is false). It is forcing you to be one thing or another, even when you completely disagree with everything that's being asked of you.

Environmental questions now, beginning to strongly suspect this is social programming.

A question now where both options you have to choose between are false!

Given up, sorry, this is absolute rubbish!!!

Admin
Admin
Admin
https://www.thepreciousmetalforum.com

Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:41 pm
everyone who has taken the test agrees that there is no middle button. forcing you to make a decision. which is tough to do. As I personally had to really think hard about if I was slight for or against some questions.

Yes Question 1 might seem odd, but it is important. Again I am not here to debate or discuss the questions or results. 

Sad that you quit. there are only 6 pages to do. a total of about 30 questions if memory serves. 

But that is your choice.

Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:15 pm
I did finish it bud, just out of interest. Funnily enough, I was going to write in a previous message that I could design an identical test to show that you're on the LGBTQI+ 'spectrum' even if you're 100% heterosexual (and also believing the result). It's called gaslighting. And there, sure enough, it was on page 6!

I'm a conservative libertarian (by these definitions). I know what I am, I don't need any fixed test to tell me otherwise! Even North Korea couldn't achieve the most extreme result (top left corner of the square)! lol!

Unfortunately these days people are used to being told they are not what they think, or prompted to question it. Labels are all that counts. Divide and conquer. United we stand (however we differ), divided we fall. Gaslighting.

Sorry but this is not only a rubbish test, it is dangerous if taken seriously! It's so badly put together (for reasons already explained) it's a joke!

But, thanks for posting and drawing attention to it, hopefully some will learn from it Smile

denby
denby

Inflation reduction act?  - Page 2 Empty Inflation solution!

Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:25 pm
How about tying money printing to silver and gold like they did pre 1971?
An inflation act sounds a bit like a cost control act, they don't work too well, when all you do is raise the cap every 3 months. Acts from Washington DC should all be free of cost. It sounds to me as though there must be a half term election coming up soon. Just another small robbery before they go eh!
ArcaneCollector
ArcaneCollector

Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:40 pm
kimchi wrote:
ArcaneCollector wrote:
Wow, I am nearly right in the centre. I am obviously a well balanced person. Or insane. Probably the latter.

I would say the latter if you took this test and set any store by it lol!

@SanMarino has it right imo Smile

lol! I find I am far left on some topics, and far right on others, putting me in the centre which is a load of nonsense. And there were no questions about cheese, so the test is obviously invalid. Razz I did find the questions thought provoking so I’m glad I did it.

Admin likes this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:06 pm
Do you like cheese @ArcaneCollector ?

Admin likes this post

ArcaneCollector
ArcaneCollector

Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:59 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:Do you like cheese  @ArcaneCollector ?

Did someone say cheese? Where? Gimme gimme? It’s all mine! Natcho cheese. Sorry, bad joke, I’ll tread Caerphilly. Ooo, that pun was gouda!

Admin likes this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:06 pm
It was goudawful.
We have a wonderful cheesemonger near us, and there is a local cheesemaker (Pextenement Farm, if you ever see any) to die for.

Admin likes this post

Admin
Admin
Admin

Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:54 pm
ArcaneCollector wrote:
kimchi wrote:
ArcaneCollector wrote:
Wow, I am nearly right in the centre. I am obviously a well balanced person. Or insane. Probably the latter.

I would say the latter if you took this test and set any store by it lol!

@SanMarino has it right imo Smile

lol! I find I am far left on some topics, and far right on others, putting me in the centre which is a load of nonsense. And there were no questions about cheese, so the test is obviously invalid. Razz I did find the questions thought provoking so I’m glad I did it.

@ArcaneCollector

Just for you

Inflation reduction act?  - Page 2 Wallac10

ArcaneCollector likes this post

ArcaneCollector
ArcaneCollector

Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:45 pm
@Admin that’s brilliant! If the Royal Mint did a cheese themed coin collection I’d be all over it! But I heard a cheese coin mint blew up. De brie was everywhere.

Admin and ShortJohnSilver like this post

Mike Xonox
Mike Xonox

Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:32 pm
My score was pretty dead on.

Admin likes this post

Admin
Admin
Admin

Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:57 am
Mike Xonox wrote:My score was pretty dead on.

I think mine was as well. Although I was shocked I was not in the middle 100%. 

That being said, there was no middle button. so it makes sense.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum