The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
SanMarino
SanMarino

Sri Lanka’s decline  Empty Sri Lanka’s decline

Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:54 pm
Can I recommend the following article for anyone wanting to understand why Sri Lanka has declined so badly over a relatively short period

https://blogs.lse.ac.uk/businessreview/2022/07/19/what-lies-behind-sri-lankas-collapse/

This is one of the best articles I have read on the subject, balanced and well researched with links provided to various bits of evidence

A sad state of affairs

Admin, denby and ArcaneCollector like this post

Admin
Admin
Admin
https://www.thepreciousmetalforum.com

Sri Lanka’s decline  Empty Re: Sri Lanka’s decline

Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:36 am
sobering thought
Mike Xonox
Mike Xonox

Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:24 am
SanMarino wrote:Can I recommend the following article for anyone wanting to understand why Sri Lanka has declined so badly over a relatively short period

https://blogs.lse.ac.uk/businessreview/2022/07/19/what-lies-behind-sri-lankas-collapse/

This is one of the best articles I have read on the subject, balanced and well researched with links provided to various bits of evidence

A sad state of affairs

The UnUnited States will be there soon.

Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:52 pm
It's very sad, I know a bit about it only because that was one of the places I was thinking of emigrating to. Mexico was another, but I hear it's chaos and very dangerous in the north. With the migrant crisis it sounds like the warlords have taken over there Sad
SanMarino
SanMarino

Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:32 pm
I have a few friends who have visited Sri Lanka as tourists and claim it’s the best beach holiday they have ever had.

I would love to visit one day

Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:40 pm
Mike Xonox wrote:

I believe the US will impeach or otherwise remove Biden later this year, Harris will not take over, the midterms will mark a huge shift to the right, and the US will enter a conservative - and unprecedented - isolationist period under which it will thrive for a number of years (the cost being a very prescriptive and judging society).
Rod Panhard
Rod Panhard

Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:24 pm
kimchi wrote:
Mike Xonox wrote:

I believe the US will impeach or otherwise remove Biden later this year, Harris will not take over, the midterms will mark a huge shift to the right, and the US will enter a conservative - and unprecedented - isolationist period under which it will thrive for a number of years (the cost being a very prescriptive and judging society).

I'm hearing the plan for the Democrats is to mass in as many illegals as possible and give them amnesty before the 2024 elections in the thinking that they will vote for them. They are well aware they have no chance otherwise as the amount of rigging required will be too much to get away with this time round.
ArcaneCollector
ArcaneCollector

Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:56 pm
Rod Panhard wrote:
kimchi wrote:
Mike Xonox wrote:

I'm hearing the plan for the Democrats is to mass in as many illegals as possible and give them amnesty before the 2024 elections in the thinking that they will vote for them.  They are well aware they have no chance otherwise as the amount of rigging required will be too much to get away with this time round.

I hope that backfires, as many of the migrants are from conservative catholic backgrounds.

Rod Panhard likes this post

ilank14
ilank14

Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:46 am
SanMarino wrote:I have a few friends who have visited Sri Lanka as tourists and claim it’s the best beach holiday they have ever had.

I would love to visit one day

I've heard the same and Sri Lankan friends have told me how wonderful it is to visit!
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum