The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down

"" Payment of charges - item held""  Empty "" Payment of charges - item held""

Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:26 am
Hi everyone. There's me all pleased not to be paying charges for some Silver rounds from Canada, shipped out of U.S. And I get an USPS. email - "payment of charges - item held, addressee being notified" 🙄🙄🙄. Your item could not be delivered in U. K. due to payment of charges'
Now I know there are a lot of scams around, especially this type. But I know this genuine as I've been tracking it all the way to U. K. Now I'm waiting on contact.. Anyone been here before? 🤔
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://www.thepreciousmetalforum.com

"" Payment of charges - item held""  Empty Re: "" Payment of charges - item held""

Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:10 pm
Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Oh boy ... you could just pay it and it will continue. Or deal with a headache ... I know UPS , Fed Ex and others are being a pain in the back side atm.

This is a fight that is going to push you to your limits sadly.

I really hope it is resolved and you get your items

Fortune8 and AceBullion like this post

"" Payment of charges - item held""  Empty Re: "" Payment of charges - item held""

Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:49 pm
Thanks 'admin'... Yea I got the Royal Mail card this morning saying fee to pay - 'customs charge'... The one good thing is its at my local RM. delivery office. The bad thing is its £50.09🙄.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:10 pm
Oooh you are ok then... Sorry I thought for a moment it was UPS. in which case good luck.

You will have that delivered quickly most likely after paying for it.

Fortune8 and AceBullion like this post

Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:02 pm
Mission accomplished 😁👌 Worthwhile in the end although the photos doesn't do justice to this lovely series 'Dance' by the great Czech artist and illustrator Alphonse Mucha 👌"" Payment of charges - item held""  Img_2012
Admin
Admin
Admin

Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:07 pm
I do like them ALOT!!! They look very nice and yes the £14 or what ever it is now handling fee is annoying, you still got your items safely.
I often order from America on a regular basis. And I have one or two people send packages to me and others. We have a system of shipping both ways.. Infact I have to ship a package out to someone who is shipping a package to me and Fortune 8. We do try to look after each other, so he is going to get a few goodies in his package as I know I will get a few in mine.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Fortune8 likes this post

Fortune8
Fortune8

Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:47 pm
Ouch!  Nice coins though, do you have any friends in America you could trust? You may be able to organise something for your mutual benefit?
At least you got your coins without any hassle, just cost you more.
Thanks for sharing your experience.  flower

Admin and AceBullion like this post

Fortune8
Fortune8

Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:39 pm
I have a similar set from the same mint, but mine are designed by "Amy Brown", and portray different fantasy "Fairies"
They are all engraved on the edge with the matching CoA number of each round.

They are much nicer in hand than looking at photo's

"" Payment of charges - item held""  20210717

"" Payment of charges - item held""  20210719

"" Payment of charges - item held""  20210718

"" Payment of charges - item held""  20210722

"" Payment of charges - item held""  20210721

"" Payment of charges - item held""  20210720

Admin likes this post

Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:50 pm
Ah yes😁👌 @Fortune8 I like them alot... Love that imagery. That's a beautiful series and I know what you mean about 'better in the hand'. When were they released?
Sadly no friends in U.S. or Canada.... Well I had one. But he's not in office now and anyway he kept getting in trouble... Thinking about it now, I don't really think I liked him.🤔.. 😁👍

Sun Jul 11, 2021 6:03 pm
"" Payment of charges - item held""  Pictur14
"" Payment of charges - item held""  Pictur14
Fortune8
Fortune8

Sun Jul 11, 2021 6:22 pm
Very nice, unusual to have a set of 5 though.
This is the reverse on my set, no year on them!

"" Payment of charges - item held""  20210724

Admin and AceBullion like this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:41 pm
There is a sixth Mucha round: 'Job'. It might not be part of the 'Dance' series though.

Admin, Fortune8 and AceBullion like this post

Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:59 pm
Thanks @The Cat's Mother 😁. Yes 'Job'. I couldn't get it.. The Pheli Mint was restocked with just the 5 coins.. If you ever see it, or anyone please let me know.
If your The Cat's Mother then I could be The Cats dad - I've been feeding cats since the 1950's.. Stays and waifs seem to find me... Human ones too... 😁👌
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum