The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://www.thepreciousmetalforum.com

2023 Yale Tudor Beast Empty 2023 Yale Tudor Beast

Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:41 pm

The Cat's Mother and Rod Panhard like this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

2023 Yale Tudor Beast Empty Re: 2023 Yale Tudor Beast

Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:30 pm
Good video  @Admin . Mine should be arriving tomorrow, Royal Mail permitting, and my box should be on it's way in due course, as you know.
I'm wondering whose face will be on the next issue. Each coin has to be personally approved by the Sovereign, and from memory with the Queen's Beasts, the design is published in the London Gazette, so it will depend whether the late Queen has approved any further designs. If not, Charles will have to do the necessary. He will also have to approve a design for his portrait for the obverse - unless this was done a while ago in anticipation.
General coinage and notes will stay in circulation and be legal tender, there just won't be any more made with Queen Elizabeth's portrait and the existing notes will be replaced over time. Coins can last a lot longer: I can remember pre-decimal currency and it was commonplace to have coins with Queen Elizabeth, George VI, George V and even Edward VII in pocket change. Victoria was quite rare, but TCF swears he remembers them (I'm not sure I believe him though).
The points you are making about the prices of the coins are well made: it is a shameless opportunism.

Admin likes this post

Admin
Admin
Admin

Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:32 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:Good video  @Admin . Mine should be arriving tomorrow, Royal Mail permitting, and my box should be on it's way in due course, as you know.
I'm wondering whose face will be on the next issue. Each coin has to be personally approved by the Sovereign, and from memory with the Queen's Beasts, the design is published in the London Gazette, so it will depend whether the late Queen has approved any further designs. If not, Charles will have to do the necessary. He will also have to approve a design for his portrait for the obverse - unless this was done a while ago in anticipation.
General coinage and notes will stay in circulation and be legal tender, there just won't be any more made with Queen Elizabeth's portrait and the existing notes will be replaced over time. Coins can last a lot longer: I can remember pre-decimal currency and it was commonplace to have coins with Queen Elizabeth, George VI, George V and even Edward VII in pocket change. Victoria was quite rare, but TCF swears he remembers them (I'm not sure I believe him though).
The points you are making about the prices of the coins are well made: it is a shameless opportunism.

From the Royal Mint themselves. they have no plans to put King Charles on this set yet.  Only if instructed to do so they will. The set has already been pre approved. So they have pre approval. They also mentioned that they may or may not (  Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad)  have a special coin or set approved 

Sneaky little buggers.
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:02 pm
"Sneaky little buggers."
Spot on.
It would be nice to have a coin with Charles and his mother together.

Admin likes this post

Admin
Admin
Admin

Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:08 pm
I agree that would make a awesome completer coin for this series. But would also make a nice coin on its own..

I believe that the Royal Mint will be celebrating her life with style.
tray
tray

Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:19 pm
What ever the mint do decide to do to celebrate her life it will be very popular

Admin and AceBullion like this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:13 pm
Well, my Yale has arrived, and it looks great. 2023 Yale Tudor Beast 1f638
Thanks due to @SilverTrader and the Post Office.

Admin and denby like this post

Admin
Admin
Admin

Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:55 am
Just a warning with the Yales, It seems that the Royal Mint are up to the usual tricks. Sadly I noticed mine has already spotted. ARGH. oh well it is something we grow to expect with the RM. You can actually see it on my video, I didn't really notice at the time. But yes milk spots.
tray
tray

Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:16 am
I used a pencil eraser to get rid of mine on the maples, yes it does come back but they are looking good now
tray
tray

Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:34 am
I just found my 2019 Yale proof at a great price been looking months

The Cat's Mother, AceBullion and ArcaneCollector like this post

ArcaneCollector
ArcaneCollector

Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:45 am
Admin wrote:Just a warning with the Yales, It seems that the Royal Mint are up to the usual tricks. Sadly I noticed mine has already spotted. ARGH. oh well it is something we grow to expect with the RM. You can actually see it on my video, I didn't really notice at the time. But yes milk spots.

I was horrified to see a dark mark on mine, near the rim! So I opened it and found it was a scuff on the inside of the capsule. Phew!

Admin, The Cat's Mother and AceBullion like this post

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum