The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://www.thepreciousmetalforum.com

Yikes The EU and Taxes.  Empty Yikes The EU and Taxes.

Thu Oct 13, 2022 12:27 pm
Well this comes as no surprise to me but I thought I would share this with everyone. 
See the attached below. 
Taxes have been raised in line with the UK within Europe. So that tax free silver.. well finally starting to impact some. 
afro afro afro
Dear Customer, 
You may have recently noticed there are no longer any products available to buy from our site silver-to-go.com. This is due to an expected change in German tax legislation but we won’t bore you with the details! 
In the meantime, coininvest.com continues to be well-stocked with all of your favourite gold, silver, platinum, and palladium products. 
Whether you are an investor or collector, thanks again for choosing us. 
Your coininvest & Silver-To-Go team 

Rod Panhard and denby like this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Yikes The EU and Taxes.  Empty Re: Yikes The EU and Taxes.

Thu Oct 13, 2022 12:46 pm
Yes, the newsletters from EMK and Aurinum have made similar points, and EMK's website also carries a warning. It's not really a surprise, all governments are strapped for cash and this is an easy target. I think it will affect bulk buyers, especially those based in the EU, but I wouldn't think it will put off the people who only get the odd few coins that they are collecting and that are not always available in the UK. It could even help UK dealers if there is no longer a huge cash incentive to buy in Europe.

Admin, Rod Panhard and denby like this post

Admin
Admin
Admin
https://www.thepreciousmetalforum.com

Yikes The EU and Taxes.  Empty Re: Yikes The EU and Taxes.

Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:46 am
Some dealers or Branches... located in the UK were not charging VAT on coins. And a lot of people flocked over to them. 

Ironically their prices were the same if not higher than some dealers. 

Anyway. I knew about the VAT thing for a while. EMK are dropping the ball a lot. I have a big moan about their lack of service with my past few orders. 

Argh. But that will be in another spot.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum