The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
denby
denby

2017 1oz silver Dragon and Phoenix (error coins). Empty 2017 1oz silver Dragon and Phoenix (error coins).

Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:23 am
I have 2 of the above (error coins) and 1 of the correct intended coin. Does anybody know if the Perth Mint ever released an explanation for the mistake they made in the minting of this 50000 coin lot for the Hong Kong / Chinese market?
I am willing to sell one of these coins if anyone on the forum is interested in "special" Dragons.  I bought them from Martin at Silvertrader on 29/12/16.

Admin and Fortune8 like this post

Admin
Admin
Admin
https://www.thepreciousmetalforum.com

2017 1oz silver Dragon and Phoenix (error coins). Empty Re: 2017 1oz silver Dragon and Phoenix (error coins).

Fri Oct 14, 2022 12:24 pm
denby wrote:I have 2 of the above (error coins) and 1 of the correct intended coin. Does anybody know if the Perth Mint ever released an explanation for the mistake they made in the minting of this 50000 coin lot for the Hong Kong / Chinese market?
I am willing to sell one of these coins if anyone on the forum is interested in "special" Dragons.  I bought them from Martin at Silvertrader on 29/12/16.

Can you attach a picture please... I am not sure what you mean.. I will have to have a look. 

PS do you need help adding a avatar?

Fortune8 likes this post

denby
denby

2017 1oz silver Dragon and Phoenix (error coins). Empty Re: 2017 1oz silver Dragon and Phoenix (error coins).

Fri Oct 14, 2022 12:36 pm
Hi Admin, yes I would like you to make me an AVATAR, I'm sorry but I don't know what that is, can you send me a personal message to save my further embarrassment on the forum.

I don't know how to make pictures, I don't have a smartphone, but if you put my title into the silvertrader search engine you will see the pictures and explanation from Martin of the Dragon & Phoenix errors.

AceBullion likes this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Fri Oct 14, 2022 1:33 pm
Hello there @denby , my fellow technosceptic. I don't have a smartphone either and use a laptop.
I can help you with an avatar, which is just the fancy name for the little picture that appears against your posts - mine is one of my cats. Go into your profile (click on 'profile' on the blue bar across the top of the screen) and then click 'avatar' on the bar across the top of the profile page. That calls up the avatar page which has fairly simple steps to follow, and even has a gallery to pick from if you don't have any photos stored on your laptop. I am the most useless person alive when it comes to technology - carbon paper frightens me - but I managed. Have a go, and if you can't get the hang of it, @Admin will be on hand to confuse you further.
If you have pictures on your laptop, then you can insert them into your posts (see above for if I can, anyone can). The reason I don't post pictures of my hoard is that, not having a smartphone, I have no way to get pics on to my laptop without spending hours with a camera and downloading. Being bone idle, this seems the perfect excuse to me. On the Home page, there is a Q&A section where Jon has posted a totally-not-confusing explanation of how to go about it.
See how you get on, and enjoy the feeling of satisfaction when you get it right.

On your specific post, I have one of the error coins. I never did find out the story behind them, but have read that the errors had a mintage of 1,125 out of a total mintage for the coin of 50,000. I didn't get mine from Martin - in 2016 I didn't even know he existed. He's probably wishing that state of affairs had continued!

Fortune8, AceBullion and denby like this post

denby
denby

Fri Oct 14, 2022 2:45 pm
Hello Cat's Mother, thanks for talking me through this, as I am Year of the Tiger 1950 model ie Metal Tiger, I thought being a Big Pussycat would be OK.
My preference would have been a big old Olive tree, as my Mother was called Olive, but I couldn,t find a picture of a tree anywhere.

So, this will do for now. Thank you again, I have had so much help from Forum members already trying to drag me into the 21st Century.

Rod Panhard showed me how to get into my PayPal account which I got in 2005, and never once got into it, because all I did with it was buy things on EBay. I have only ever sold anything using bank transfer! But I now see how quick and easy PayPal is.

Fortune8, AceBullion and tray like this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Fri Oct 14, 2022 3:02 pm
You are most welcome @denby , and I love the Tiger. I'm a Monkey myself, but I'm not revealing the year! You can now spend the rest of the day glowing with satisfaction in a job well done.
PS The 21st Century is overrated, stick to the 20th! Cheques are fun too.

Fortune8, AceBullion and denby like this post

AceBullion
AceBullion
Sponsor
https://www.acebullion.com

Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:46 pm
I am never needed, just glad TCM was fast on hand.

I really hope nobody is afraid to ask. We are all in this boat together

Fortune8 and denby like this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Sat Oct 15, 2022 10:49 am
AceBullion wrote:I am never needed, just glad TCM was fast on hand.

I really hope nobody is afraid to ask. We are all in this boat together

Just lessening the load on your aged shoulders  @AceBullion  Of course we need you (under both ids.), but stop fishing for compliments or you might dredge up an old boot - and I don't mean me, before you get cheeky.  2017 1oz silver Dragon and Phoenix (error coins). 1f638

ArcaneCollector
ArcaneCollector

Sat Oct 15, 2022 12:38 pm
Here you go, from The SilverTrader website.
2017 1oz silver Dragon and Phoenix (error coins). F5d3d810

Admin, Fortune8 and denby like this post

Admin
Admin
Admin

Sat Oct 15, 2022 12:47 pm
ArcaneCollector wrote:Here you go, from The SilverTrader website.
2017 1oz silver Dragon and Phoenix (error coins). F5d3d810

I never knew of this ... WOW. I will check mine and report back. I will also do some digging. How did you come to know it is a error? Was it mentioned on a group or was it something you stumbled across?  I am just checking to see if it is a error or just a machine problem.

ArcaneCollector
ArcaneCollector

Sat Oct 15, 2022 1:13 pm
The details are on the SilverTrader website, where denby bought them.

https://www.silvertrader.uk/2017-australian-dragon-phoenix-error-1-ounce-silver-bullion-coin/

Admin
Admin
Admin

Sat Oct 15, 2022 1:14 pm
ArcaneCollector wrote:The details are on the SilverTrader website, where denby bought them.

https://www.silvertrader.uk/2017-australian-dragon-phoenix-error-1-ounce-silver-bullion-coin/

go to the chat bud
denby
denby

Sat Oct 15, 2022 5:19 pm
ArcaneCollecto,

Thank you very much for doing this for me. My memory of this was it was only the 1st batch minted that had the error.
The Perth mint never admitted that it was a die problem. I think It is still a bit of a mystery.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Sun Oct 16, 2022 12:08 pm
denby wrote:ArcaneCollecto,

Thank you very much for doing this for me. My memory of this was it was only the 1st batch minted that had the error.
The Perth mint never admitted that it was a die problem. I think It is still a bit of a mystery.
Firstly Nice Avatar,

And also I will dig into this. I know a few contacts within the mint.. so will quietly ask. 

I don't know if I can get the answer or not but I will try.

Fortune8 likes this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Sun Oct 16, 2022 12:14 pm
Go to it Supersleuth! cheers

Admin, Fortune8 and denby like this post

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum