The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
SanMarino
SanMarino

Subscribed to coin collector magazine  Empty Subscribed to coin collector magazine

Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:00 pm
4.99 every quarter although I paid £18.99 for a year which gets free postage thrown in.

First edition arrived and it’s quite good if you like coins, history, useless information.

Anyway here is my question

Page 54, shows new bullion coin releases

Finland has made 2 climate research coins of €20
Both Ag 925
Nearly 1 oz (25.5g)
Made by the finish mint

Any idea how I would get hold of them in the UK?

I’ve tried Google but no good.

Picture below

https://ibb.co/vdvL9bT
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Subscribed to coin collector magazine  Empty Re: Subscribed to coin collector magazine

Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:42 pm
@SanMarino  There is only one coin, the picture shows both sides, so it looks as though there are two. EMK in Germany has it, and they are a dealer that I can highly recommend for efficiency and being good to deal with. They have an English version of their website and are very good at answering emails. Obviously there will be postage but the coin is below the limit for HMRC to make a charge. Link below.

https://www.emk.com/en-us/climate-research-in-finland-ikfin122062

Admin and Faiz like this post

SanMarino
SanMarino

Subscribed to coin collector magazine  Empty Re: Subscribed to coin collector magazine

Wed Feb 15, 2023 4:03 pm
Thank you !!!!!

Admin likes this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Wed Feb 15, 2023 4:07 pm
My pleasure  @SanMarino , and just think of the money you'll save only having one coin to buy.  Subscribed to coin collector magazine  1f63a

Admin and SanMarino like this post

Faiz
Faiz

Wed Feb 15, 2023 4:56 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:@SanMarino  There is only one coin, the picture shows both sides, so it looks as though there are two. EMK in Germany has it, and they are a dealer that I can highly recommend for efficiency and being good to deal with. They have an English version of their website and are very good at answering emails. Obviously there will be postage but the coin is below the limit for HMRC to make a charge. Link below.

https://www.emk.com/en-us/climate-research-in-finland-ikfin122062

That’s interesting. What is the HMRC limit @The Cat’s Mother ? I’ve been thinking that all purchases from Europe incur VAT and Custom duty.

Admin likes this post

SanMarino
SanMarino

Wed Feb 15, 2023 5:32 pm
DHL declare anything over £20 from memory? At least that’s what I have been told just now by a colleague who had to pay VAT on a Amazon Germany order of €25.

Not sure about Royal Mail.

I know Hermes stated anything over £100 was reportable and as such VAT even if it’s declared as a gift.

Admin likes this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Wed Feb 15, 2023 5:41 pm
Hi  @Faiz. I had a note attached by Royal Mail to the package one time (post Brexit) that I paid VAT on an import, and I kept it for future reference. It states that for most commercial items up to the value of £135, VAT is accounted for by the sender. Above that limit the importer pays. This does seem to be being applied, and purchases under £135 are not subjected to a further charge. Excise duty is, I think, limited to alcohol and tobacco, and doesn't appear to apply to silver coins - or at least it hasn't been charged to me on those parcels where VAT has been payable. The limit for gifts is £39.
I can't answer for what Amazon and Hermes do.
Hope that helps.
Faiz
Faiz

Wed Feb 15, 2023 5:52 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:Hi  @Faiz. I had a note attached by Royal Mail to the package one time (post Brexit) that I paid VAT on an import, and I kept it for future reference. It states that for most commercial items up to the value of £135, VAT is accounted for by the sender. Above that limit the importer pays. This does seem to be being applied, and purchases under £135 are not subjected to a further charge. Excise duty is, I think, limited to alcohol and tobacco, and doesn't appear to apply to silver coins - or at least it hasn't been charged to me on those parcels where VAT has been payable. The limit for gifts is £39.
I can't answer for what Amazon and Hermes do.
Hope that helps.

It does thank you. I thought I had it figured out , but reading your post, I’m happier that the limit is set to over £100.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum