The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Latest East India Company Masterpieces Issue Empty Latest East India Company Masterpieces Issue

Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:46 am
Can I mention that the fifth in the Masterpieces series by the East India Company is now on sale. It's the William Wyon St. George and the Dragon, and is gorgeous - like all the others  Latest East India Company Masterpieces Issue 1f63b . Available as a 1 oz silver proof, (mintage 2000), for £99 plus P&P. For the well-heeled it also comes as a 1 Kilo antiqued proof mintage 75 (£3295); a 1 oz gold proof, mintage 200, (£2995). The Piedfort gold sovereign proof has sold out.
I have a bit of a beef in that all the other Masterpiece issues have been issued in a 2 oz version as well as the 1 oz and gold. Guess which version I have been collecting. I wish producers would stay consistent to the end of the series.  Latest East India Company Masterpieces Issue 1f63c

I've put in a link to the 1 oz silver. Those who want the gold or the 1 Kg versions can ask their butler to look it up for them.

https://collections.theeastindiacompany.com/products/2023-masterpiece-george-the-dragon-1oz-silver-proof-coin?variant=44485519737065

Admin, denby, tray and Bondie like this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Latest East India Company Masterpieces Issue Empty Re: Latest East India Company Masterpieces Issue

Mon May 15, 2023 10:42 am
It was a little while getting here, but George and the Dragon arrived this morning. It is a beauty, and would have looked fantastic in the 2oz format. I believe that this is the last of the Masterpieces series, so goodness knows why they didn't stick it out to the end. Anyway, I'm not going back for a 1oz set!  Latest East India Company Masterpieces Issue 1f63d

Admin likes this post

Admin
Admin
Admin
https://www.thepreciousmetalforum.com

Latest East India Company Masterpieces Issue Empty Re: Latest East India Company Masterpieces Issue

Mon May 15, 2023 1:14 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:It was a little while getting here, but George and the Dragon arrived this morning. It is a beauty, and would have looked fantastic in the 2oz format. I believe that this is the last of the Masterpieces series, so goodness knows why they didn't stick it out to the end. Anyway, I'm not going back for a 1oz set!  Latest East India Company Masterpieces Issue 1f63d

Shame really, and a pet peeve of mine when they stop the series.

The Cat's Mother likes this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Mon May 15, 2023 2:29 pm
It is, @Admin , and it is a beautiful series. I did ask the EIC and they confirmed that they were not doing a 2oz of this last coin. If I had known that in the beginning I would have gone for the 1oz versions of all of them, and that would have saved me quite a bit. Grrr!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Mon May 15, 2023 6:42 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:It is,  @Admin , and it is a beautiful series. I did ask the EIC and they confirmed that they were not doing a 2oz of this last coin. If I had known that in the beginning I would have gone for the 1oz versions of all of them, and that would have saved me quite a bit. Grrr!

If you want I can share it and do a special video saying Shame on them!!!!

I mean really.. not doing the final coin.. what a bunch of clowns.

Mints need to be held to standards.... Royal mint have dropped quality control to the point that Apmex looks better then them!

Komsco are still in my view a bunch of thief's after they did not pay out for the Win a gold coin competition. And they never apologised.

I might start a thread shaming and naming when companies FAIL in the reviews section.. hmmm

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Mon May 15, 2023 7:38 pm
Hello there
That is something we can talk about @Admin : would you like to do a review of all five coins? I'm going to be away all day tomorrow, so can we leave it until I'm back? I would need to do a bit more research, but from a cursory look at the website, all the coins had wild variations in the issues, and mintages. Not good. It's a real shame because I do love the EIC coins, and this series was spectacular.

Admin and Bondie like this post

Admin
Admin
Admin

Tue May 16, 2023 8:52 am
The Cat's Mother wrote:Hello there
That is something we can talk about  @Admin : would you like to do a review of all five coins? I'm going to be away all day tomorrow, so can we leave it until I'm back? I would need to do a bit more research, but from a cursory look at the website, all the coins had wild variations in the issues, and mintages. Not good. It's a real shame because I do love the EIC coins, and this series was spectacular.

Absolutely that would be great. I am not in any rush atm. I have a large package from Martin here.. I am sure there will be a slow period at some point.

denby and Bondie like this post

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum