The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://www.thepreciousmetalforum.com

2023 Maltese Cross, but is this a game changer? Empty 2023 Maltese Cross, but is this a game changer?

Fri Apr 14, 2023 2:34 pm

Rod Panhard likes this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

2023 Maltese Cross, but is this a game changer? Empty Re: 2023 Maltese Cross, but is this a game changer?

Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:16 pm
Very nice coin @Admin , but I think you're a bit off the beam on the denomination. The Knights of the Past 2022, also Bank of Malta, was also 5 Euros, and Euro denominated coins vary throughout the Eurozone. Austria has some at 10 Euros, and 20 Euros with embellishments; Spain has 10 and 40 Euro coins in silver, but the 1/10 oz gold is 15 cents; France's Naruto series is denominated 10 Euros, and it isn't even one ounce; Italy's Luigi Vanvitelli commemorative (18 g.) is 5 Euros. That was after a fairly brief search. I think each bank decides for itself, and a nominal one currency unit for an ounce of silver was always a bit daft.
denby
denby

2023 Maltese Cross, but is this a game changer? Empty Re: 2023 Maltese Cross, but is this a game changer?

Fri Apr 14, 2023 4:32 pm
The Austrian philharmonics 1oz silver bullion are 1 1/2 euros? £2 for our brits, £1,50 if they are KCIII brits, ha ha.
SilverTrader
SilverTrader
Sponsor
https://www.silvertrader.uk/

Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:17 pm
Hi Cats
I think your confusing numismatics and proofs with Bullion investment coins which never have such a high denomination on a 1oz coin
to give you an idea the 10 ounce tudor beast coins only has a £5 denomination so for a 1oz bullion coin it's pretty unusual
Sincerely martin

denby likes this post

tray
tray

Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:28 pm
Is a very pretty coin similar obverse to Germania Maltese knights of past

denby likes this post

SilverTrader
SilverTrader
Sponsor

Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:34 pm
Yep i like it
it's going to be the standard bullion coin of the pressburg mint to compete against the maple britannia kangaroo etc
should do well

Admin, denby and tray like this post

ArcaneCollector
ArcaneCollector

Sat Apr 15, 2023 7:33 am
Now that’s what I call a coin! All it needed to be perfect, was a quokka somewhere on the design.

AceBullion and denby like this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:20 am
ArcaneCollector wrote:Now that’s what I call a coin! All it needed to be perfect, was a quokka somewhere on the design.

It's hiding behind the shield  @ArcaneCollector . The Maltese Quokka (Setonix brachyurus melitensis) is a very rare and shy creature, and unfortunately its shyness is contributing to its rarity. Another factor is the diet of the Maltese. As you may know, the national dish there is rabbit ( @Buryallrivals will no doubt back me up on this), and unfortunately in crepuscular conditions quokkas look remarkably like rabbits. Anxious not to waste the meat, the local chefs have developed a new dish - the Malteaser - with a humorous take on the traditional rabbit stew, and involving chocolate. This has proven so popular, especially with tourists, that the quokka has had to develop a new camouflaged colouration. This has had limited success: fur coats with the pattern 'Jien mhux fenek' (I am not a rabbit) are also very popular with tourists.

Admin, denby and ArcaneCollector like this post

denby
denby

Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:04 am
Great post TCM, you only forgot that this is the year of the rabbit. Otherwise it was perfect.
I am friendly with a Malteser family in Banchory. They came here 3 years ago and opened the Wee Shoe Shop in the High Street. Hope they got a bounce back loan from Boris to keep them going through the scamdemic. They have 3 kids, 1 maltese cat and a big dog called Odin. What a family, he is 64 and she is 48. Chidren are 18, 16 and 7.
Why would people from Malta come to Scotland?
Maybe they were trying to get away from the mafia? No that's Sicily eh!

Admin and ArcaneCollector like this post

ArcaneCollector
ArcaneCollector

Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:41 am
The Cat's Mother wrote:
ArcaneCollector wrote:Now that’s what I call a coin! All it needed to be perfect, was a quokka somewhere on the design.

It's hiding behind the shield  @ArcaneCollector . The Maltese Quokka (Setonix brachyurus melitensis) is a very rare and shy creature, and unfortunately its shyness is contributing to its rarity. Another factor is the diet of the Maltese. As you may know, the national dish there is rabbit ( @Buryallrivals will no doubt back me up on this), and unfortunately in crepuscular conditions quokkas look remarkably like rabbits. Anxious not to waste the meat, the local chefs have developed a new dish - the Malteaser - with a humorous take on the traditional rabbit stew, and involving chocolate. This has proven so popular, especially with tourists, that the quokka has had to develop a new camouflaged colouration. This has had limited success: fur coats with the pattern 'Jien mhux fenek' (I am not a rabbit) are also very popular with tourists.

I thought their diet consisted of Malteser chocolates and poodles. lol!

Admin and denby like this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:24 pm
SilverTrader wrote:Hi Cats
I think your confusing numismatics and proofs with Bullion investment coins which never have such a high denomination on a 1oz coin
to give you an idea the 10 ounce tudor beast coins only has a £5 denomination so for a 1oz bullion coin it's pretty unusual
Sincerely martin
I'm easily confused. 2023 Maltese Cross, but is this a game changer? 1f63a

Admin and denby like this post

SilverTrader
SilverTrader
Sponsor

Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:55 pm
Me Too lol
it was easier 5 - 6 years ago with maybe 20 bullion coins available worldwide and then lots of 925 silver proofs but you hardly see 925's anymore and everyone is making bullion coins which kind of blurs the lines between bullion for investment and collectables

Admin, denby and Silverlocks like this post

Silverlocks
Silverlocks

Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:07 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:

I had sheep's brains in Malta once if that helps.
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:14 pm
"I had sheep's brains in Malta once if that helps."

That explains a lot @Silverlocks . I'm not sure how helpful it is though.
Silverlocks
Silverlocks

Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:25 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:"I had sheep's brains in Malta once if that helps."

Well, I can say they really are about the size of a walnut.
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:32 pm
Silverlocks wrote:

Are you sure they weren't lamb's fries?
Silverlocks
Silverlocks

Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:43 am
The Cat's Mother wrote:
Silverlocks wrote:

Are you sure they weren't lamb's fries?

I've had lamb's fry before, but are you sure you're not thinking of mountain oysters?
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:01 am
Quite sure. I've never heard of mountain oysters.

Admin likes this post

Admin
Admin
Admin
https://www.thepreciousmetalforum.com

Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:22 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:Quite sure. I've never heard of mountain oysters.

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

I have NEVER eaten Rocky Mt Oysters in my life... something just makes my legs cross automatically.

monkey likes this post

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum