The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://www.thepreciousmetalforum.com

Dr's or Gp's The NHS is really falling apart since I left.  Empty Dr's or Gp's The NHS is really falling apart since I left.

Tue May 09, 2023 1:54 pm
I have tried to book a medication review. It is a bit of a joke but I need the rx to function and not to be a jellyfish on my bed.

So I have phoned, ( over 100 plus in a que so disconnected )

I have emailed .. yeah awaiting a reply.

I tried to book using the booking online service. Nope.. no reply.

I have only a few days left of RX and this will be very interesting. I don't know the last time I seen my GP which in itself is funny. The service has shot down hill dramatically since I have left working for the NHS. Argh.

Well back to phoning some more. This S.......t takes up way too much of my time. And I am getting annoyed as playing with someone's health is no joke! I can see people becoming very irate and angry towards the lack of care provided.

denby likes this post

ArcaneCollector
ArcaneCollector

Dr's or Gp's The NHS is really falling apart since I left.  Empty Re: Dr's or Gp's The NHS is really falling apart since I left.

Tue May 09, 2023 6:18 pm
I have never had a satisfactory experience with the NHS. I have never seen the same GP twice. I grew up in a small town in the African bush veld and had the same doctor for 20 years and an excellent service. It was private, not expensive, but reliable.

Admin and denby like this post

Admin
Admin
Admin

Dr's or Gp's The NHS is really falling apart since I left.  Empty Re: Dr's or Gp's The NHS is really falling apart since I left.

Tue May 09, 2023 7:07 pm
ArcaneCollector wrote:I have never had a satisfactory experience with the NHS. I have never seen the same GP twice. I grew up in a small town in the African bush veld and had the same doctor for 20 years and an excellent service. It was private, not expensive, but reliable.

I have to say that when I first arrived here I had the same GP who also was a work colleague and friend. He was always there and I always had an appointment when I needed one. The practice was GREAT back then with no real complaints... Yes I know some still moaned but you wont please everyone.

Then little by little doctors retired and that included mine. The new owner and practice manager were well hmmmm more like other practices I have had to work with or cover their work.... I wont go into details.

Anyway Money and Greed and Laziness are key here. I can say that when they switched from the old Adastra system for patients records to a joint NHS national system... things went pear shape. Doctors who were sticking till the end gave up. And no new doctors taken their places. The ones who did are mainly greedy and treating it as a business for profit... Huge profits... to the point where some have been arrested and struck off around here.... So yeah.. I can give a tonne of insight into this.. but Dang I am fed up.

denby likes this post

21C Bullion
21C Bullion
https://www.youtube.com/@bullion-finance/videos

Sat Jun 24, 2023 1:59 pm
The problem will get worse unfortunately. When I meet young people and ask them what they want to do for a living, none of them want to work in the medical profession, plus with staff with 30 - 50 years experience retiring, the future of the NHS is looking bleak.

Admin likes this post

Admin
Admin
Admin

Sun Jun 25, 2023 10:21 am
21C Bullion wrote:The problem will get worse unfortunately. When I meet young people and ask them what they want to do for a living, none of them want to work in the medical profession, plus with staff with 30 - 50 years experience retiring, the future of the NHS is looking bleak.

I agree, both of my sons are really not interested in working in the medical field. ( apart from my Youngest ) but he is un decided.

My eldest starts college next month to work his way into law. He wants to become a solicitor, WHY!!!!!

My youngest wants to become a farmer, but sitting down with him and explaining the financial problems faced and hurdles he is not interested. I can not sadly buy him 50 acres of land to start his journey.

So his alternative plan is working his way up to a Paramedic ( like his old man ) but I told him that it is not what you see on TV, the calls you get are mostly irrelevant, and out of the ( being generous here ) 10% of actual calls. 1/2 of them are social care calls.

The real 999 calls you attend are deeply effecting as well, and to be honest I do not recommend this path to anyone. It would be the same as suggesting to a loved one to go sign up for the military. Yeah... great choice... Speaking as someone who served in the USN

21C Bullion likes this post

21C Bullion
21C Bullion
https://www.youtube.com/@bullion-finance/videos

Sun Jun 25, 2023 11:45 am
Plus your son has to compete with the multi national agri business and Bill "Old McDonald " Gates

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/apr/05/bill-gates-climate-crisis-farmland

Admin likes this post

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum