The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://www.thepreciousmetalforum.com

Myths & Legends Empty Myths & Legends

Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:25 pm
Perth Mint 2023

The Cat's Mother, tray and AVG like this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Myths & Legends Empty Re: Myths & Legends

Wed Aug 30, 2023 2:05 pm
This is a fantastic series, and I've ordered my set of Dragon and Koi coins. Seeing the close up pictures really brings out the quality.
I have the series to date, and it seems that the Perth Mint has 'back-named' the series so that the coins from 2017 onwards are now all gathered in as Chinese Myths and Legends. 2017 - 2020 were only done as silver in BU, although there were proof versions, and it's only when the Dragon was produced in 2021 that coloured variants started to emerge. The pre-2020 coins were also dragon plus one other beast, and 2020 was a double Pixiu so the three coins you show on the video did strike out in a new direction. All designed to confuse the poor collector.
I was going to check the reference on the Perth Mint website, but it's down at the moment for planned maintenance. There is a chapter on the entire series on the AgAu Bulletin though.

Admin, tray and AVG like this post

tray
tray

Wed Aug 30, 2023 2:38 pm
Brilliant. I've been waiting for these. Another lovely set. I can't resist a dragonMyths & Legends Pxl_2127

Admin, The Cat's Mother and AVG like this post

Wed Aug 30, 2023 2:50 pm
My take on the silver portion of the Koi is from its color patterns. That is, silver taking the place of its white patterns. Or it could represent that portion of its body under water.
tray
tray

Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:23 pm
Couldn't decide which one I like the most so I ordered both the coloured ones

Admin likes this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:35 pm
tray wrote:Couldn't decide which one I like the most so I ordered both the coloured ones

Good for you! Myths & Legends 1f638

Admin likes this post

tray
tray

Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:37 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:
tray wrote:Couldn't decide which one I like the most so I ordered both the coloured ones

Good for you!  Myths & Legends 1f638
I only got the one coloured Phoenix last time and by the time I made my mind up to get both Martin had sold out . Wasn't making that mistake again

Admin likes this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:05 pm
Ouch, that was a shame. They are still around, but very expensive. I did get the full set, and have done with this year's issues.
Incidentally, have you seen Martin's 'shortly to arrive' list? There's a 1oz Bee Entoma and a 1oz Gecko Herpeton listed. I've seen pics of two ounce versions (very expensive indeed) but not the one ounce. They do look very nice. I think they're both Le Grand Mint.

Admin likes this post

tray
tray

Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:13 pm
Just had a look at both of them. Oh I'm interested. Hopefully it when I come back from holiday

Admin likes this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:18 pm
tray wrote:Just had a look at both of them. Oh I'm interested. Hopefully it when I come back from holiday

They're due in a few days, so if you're really interested ask Martin to hold one back for you. If you find out the price, let me know. I'm interested but skint. lol!

Admin and tray like this post

tray
tray

Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:01 pm
Got my dragons today. Certainly was not disappointed. Love the colours and the designs
Delivery from @SilverTrader was as normal incredibly quick and well packed

Admin likes this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:14 pm
I got mine too. Gorgeous. As you say @tray , Martin's service is second to none.

Admin and tray like this post

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum