The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
AVG

More Silver Dragons Empty More Silver Dragons

Mon Sep 04, 2023 7:20 pm
Hello All
I bought this Coin back in 2000. I can't find anything about it. Republic of Singapore 1986 1 oz. silver
More Silver Dragons P1010213More Silver Dragons P1010214

Admin and ArcaneCollector like this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

More Silver Dragons Empty Re: More Silver Dragons

Mon Sep 04, 2023 7:36 pm
Being a literal-minded sort, I did a quick google search under: '1986 Singapore train coin', and came up with:
There was a 5oz coin of the same design issued with a mintage of 650. There are a couple on eBay at present.
So far as the 1oz issue is concerned, there was a little snippet on the Coin Talk website a few years ago, posted by someone who found the coin in a job lot from Provident Metals:.
"I found this 1986 Singapore Double Dragon Malaysia Train commemorative 1 ounce silver round in the mix of other various silver rounds. From what I was able to find on google, only 800-1500 were minted. I saw several listings in the $150 range, so I wanted to see if this was worth anything." (Cited from: https://www.cointalk.com/threads/1986-singapore-double-dragon.184338/). There weren't many replies, and none were really informative.
Also, one was reported as sold on eBay by Worthpoint, where the coin was described as having a mintage of 1500.
So it looks as though you could have a very nice piece of silver there @AVG

Admin likes this post

AVG

Mon Sep 04, 2023 7:51 pm
TCM
Thank you for the info on this coin I only saw the 5 0z one on e-bay. I don't use e-bay anymore sold and bought many things years ago
but i don't like to deal with them for what they charge these days.

Admin likes this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Mon Sep 04, 2023 8:53 pm
AVG wrote:TCM
Thank you for the info on this coin I only saw the 5 0z one on e-bay. I don't use e-bay anymore sold and bought many things years ago
but i don't like to deal with them for what they charge these days.
Pleased to help @AVG . I don't sell on eBay but I do buy. There are some rounds I can't get anywhere else and I have a handful of dealers that I trust. However, eBay is a very good source of information as the descriptions can give a lot of detail and the picture show lots of detail too, especially when using the magnifier.

Admin and AVG like this post

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum