The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
AceBullion
AceBullion
Sponsor
https://www.acebullion.com

What a week so far Empty What a week so far

Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:56 am
Sunday my wife's car wouldn't start, glow plug light flashing. Joyful! Garage can't fix it until next week but said we can get it recovered in. Arranged recovery yesterday. They sent a MASSIVE truck recovery vehicle flatbed with crane that is used on highways. Barely fit on our street, let alone able to reverse in my drive.

Long story ... they said a smaller truck would arrive yesterday, that didn't happen. Rang breakdown and its booked for today before noon.

Also got the boys to push it onto the street because it should make it easier.

Ontop of this my Jeep is due its MOT on Saturday. So Thursday night my wife will drop that off at the garage and on Friday the MOT will happen.

Will keep you all updated, I am only getting back to working in my workshop since I had a horrible cold.

Rod Panhard
Rod Panhard

What a week so far Empty Re: What a week so far

Tue Sep 19, 2023 11:28 am
For car diagnostics  this is well worth buying.

https://www.auteldiag.co.uk/products/autel-autolink-al619?variant=34538805919903&currency=GBP&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic&gclid=CjwKCAjwo9unBhBTEiwAipC11wVitooZwXQxIaAs6hw8HdsKb6YrBZDqPFPB-QaQ2i3GhyKeIlvBqBoC9LAQAvD_BwE

Comes from China so takes a little while but there's not many can do the ABS and SRS code diagnosis and reset for this kind of price, does all the engine codes and fault finding as well.  I just did my own diagnosis and repair on a faulty ABS wheel sensor.  Good luck with the MOT and with the glow plug issue.

AceBullion likes this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Tue Sep 19, 2023 11:31 am
Cars! Can't afford 'em, can't do without 'em!  What a week so far 1f63d
The Corsa went for its MOT a week ago, fortunately it only needed two new tyres, which I knew about, so no nasty surprises. Given the weather we're having now I'm thinking of having it fitted with pontoons and an outboard motor.
Hope you're shaking off your cold, although I'm surprised the bugs can survive the concentrated coffee fumes.

Rod Panhard and AceBullion like this post

ArcaneCollector
ArcaneCollector

Tue Sep 19, 2023 11:45 am
Car troubles are annoying! Touch wood my beemer has not given me any issues. Thank you German engineering.

Rod Panhard and AceBullion like this post

AceBullion
AceBullion
Sponsor
https://www.acebullion.com

Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:30 pm
Well update,

Noon pasted, no breakdown service. They said another 2 hours. Only 30 minutes left for that guideline.
I am not a happy customer as the garage has been waiting since yesterday
ArcaneCollector
ArcaneCollector

Tue Sep 19, 2023 4:52 pm
That’s because you live in the arse-end of nowhere and the breakdown people can’t find you. Or…. Maybe you don’t exist and you are an AI living an imagined life? Or maybe your house is in a parallel dimension. Or maybe I’ve been watching too much Netflix.

Admin likes this post

Admin
Admin
Admin
https://www.thepreciousmetalforum.com

Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:27 pm
LMAO ... it is gone..

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:05 pm