The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
avatar
Guest
Guest

Drop The Coin News Empty Drop The Coin News

Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:07 pm
I just saw this interesting video today. Bullion Daddy interviews the two co-owners of Drop The Coin. They explain the technology that goes into their silver products.

ArcaneCollector
ArcaneCollector
Posts : 478
Join date : 2022-06-02
Location : Northamptonshire

Drop The Coin News Empty Re: Drop The Coin News

Fri Sep 22, 2023 3:10 pm
Wow! We made some educational cup coasters that had 3d augmented reality images on them at work. It’s a fun technology.

Admin likes this post

avatar
Guest
Guest

Drop The Coin News Empty Re: Drop The Coin News

Fri Sep 22, 2023 3:25 pm
ArcaneCollector wrote:Wow! We made some educational cup coasters that had 3d augmented reality images on them at work. It’s a fun technology.

I just looked up these cup coasters on YouTube to see what you were talking about. The things they do are amazing. Thanks for sharing your experience with this technology.
avatar
Guest
Guest

Drop The Coin News Empty Re: Drop The Coin News

Fri Sep 22, 2023 3:47 pm
@ArcaneCollector, I looked at this one coaster that has a printed couple. Using their apps, a couple can to talk to each other on the coaster when a club is noisy or they are people watching at close quarters.
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother
Moderator
Posts : 3366
Join date : 2021-05-19
Location : UK

Drop The Coin News Empty Re: Drop The Coin News

Fri Sep 22, 2023 3:54 pm
What will they think of next? I think that the coins themselves look very attractive (although I would benefit from a close-up picture or two). The tech bit isn't really for me though, it looks far too complex and to my mind doesn't add very much to the silver. They should appeal to adolescents with spare cash. I did like the large size floating frames though. Wish I could get some over here in the UK.

Admin likes this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother
Moderator
Posts : 3366
Join date : 2021-05-19
Location : UK

Drop The Coin News Empty Re: Drop The Coin News

Fri Sep 22, 2023 3:56 pm
Periodic Table wrote:@ArcaneCollector, I looked at this one coaster that has a printed couple. Using their apps, a couple can to talk to each other on the coaster when a club is noisy or they are people watching at close quarters.
If they had their phones with them to talk through the coaster (I can't believe I just wrote that), surely they could just text each other.

Admin likes this post

avatar
Guest
Guest

Drop The Coin News Empty Re: Drop The Coin News

Fri Sep 22, 2023 4:18 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:What will they think of next? I think that the coins themselves look very attractive (although I would benefit from a close-up picture or two). The tech bit isn't really for me though, it looks far too complex and to my mind doesn't add very much to the silver. They should appeal to adolescents with spare cash. I did like the large size floating frames though. Wish I could get some over here in the UK.

The coins look attractive and it's neat what you can do with them. Although, like the Pokemon app, I totally agree that it's for adolescents and for them to show their parents.

No floating frames in the UK?  "That's totally inappropriate. It's lewd, and outrageous!"


Last edited by Periodic Table on Fri Sep 22, 2023 4:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
avatar
Guest
Guest

Drop The Coin News Empty Re: Drop The Coin News

Fri Sep 22, 2023 4:40 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:If they had their phones with them to talk through the coaster (I can't believe I just wrote that), surely they could just text each other.

I imagine they have to text each other over the coaster. The words will show up with the woman on the coaster talking to the man. It's like printed cartoon talk. Tech romantic.😍
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother
Moderator
Posts : 3366
Join date : 2021-05-19
Location : UK

Drop The Coin News Empty Re: Drop The Coin News

Fri Sep 22, 2023 5:21 pm
@Periodic Table , we can get floating frames (I have some, and very nice they are too), but not the really big ones shown on the video, that hold five rounds.
avatar
Guest
Guest

Drop The Coin News Empty Re: Drop The Coin News

Fri Sep 22, 2023 5:32 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote: @Periodic Table , we can get floating frames (I have some, and very nice they are too), but not the really big ones shown on the video, that hold five rounds.

Possibly Amazon UK?
ArcaneCollector
ArcaneCollector
Posts : 478
Join date : 2022-06-02
Location : Northamptonshire

Drop The Coin News Empty Re: Drop The Coin News

Fri Sep 22, 2023 7:33 pm
Periodic Table wrote:@ArcaneCollector, I looked at this one coaster that has a printed couple. Using their apps, a couple can to talk to each other on the coaster when a club is noisy or they are people watching at close quarters.

Wow, that’s truly amazing! I love it when tech is used for something creative. Thanks for sharing.
Admin
Admin
Admin
Posts : 3420
Join date : 2021-05-08
Location : England UK
https://www.thepreciousmetalforum.com

Drop The Coin News Empty Re: Drop The Coin News

Fri Sep 22, 2023 8:31 pm
My mind is racing in over time thinking of ways and ummm how to .. bloody... jesus...... omg..


A.d.D


Soo many colourful thoughts....
avatar
Guest
Guest

Drop The Coin News Empty Re: Drop The Coin News

Fri Sep 22, 2023 10:05 pm
ArcaneCollector wrote:Wow, that’s truly amazing! I love it when tech is used for something creative. Thanks for sharing.

I took another look at the small amount of info on that coaster and I was wrong. It interacts with only one person. What can I say...

🎶 I tell you, it was just my imagination
Running away with me...
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother
Moderator
Posts : 3366
Join date : 2021-05-19
Location : UK

Drop The Coin News Empty Re: Drop The Coin News

Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:34 am
Coaster, coaster, on the table
Talk to me, so I am able
To pretend there's someone there.
So, coaster, act as if you care.
Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum