The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://www.thepreciousmetalforum.com

Komsco Tiger 2023 Empty Komsco Tiger 2023

Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:15 pm
1 oz Metal,

Wow. I like the detail on the Tiger. I personally think it is one of the best tigers I have seen in a while.

The Cat's Mother, tray, Silverlocks, AVG and monkey like this post

Silverlocks
Silverlocks

Komsco Tiger 2023 Empty Re: Komsco Tiger 2023

Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:49 pm
I love KOMSCO. Just realised I've got a bit of KOMSCO that I forgot to put up before, including most of the tigers.  I do rather like KOMSCO silver and I've also got a bit of some of their other series like Chiwoo and Zi Shin.  

Here's some pics of the 2023.  It's an attempt to capture the lustre, but I think that works better on video as they do a bit of holographic trickery with the finish.  I get the impression that these series get used as a demonstrator for their anti-counterfeit minting technology.

Komsco Tiger 2023 2023_t22

Komsco Tiger 2023 2023_t23

AceBullion, denby and AVG like this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:42 pm
I do love this series, and have been lucky enough to get them all so far.

AceBullion, Silverlocks and monkey like this post

Silverlocks
Silverlocks

Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:48 pm
I've got all of the tigers but the 2019, plus a couple of Chiwoo and Zi Shin coins (which have quite a fun manga vibe). I do have some photos, but I'm not really satisfied with them. Maybe I'll do another shoot of the tigers at some point.

AceBullion and monkey like this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:40 pm
I did a bit of googling and looked up Homigot. There was an entry about the hand in the sea, which explains the mystery of the hand on the round:

"At Homigot Cape where tens of thousands of people visit to watch the sunrise every year, there is the Hand of Mutual Shake symbolizing harmony in the new millennium. There is a right hand on the sea and a left hand on the land, and in particular, the red sun rising over the right hand is spectacular."

Admin and AceBullion like this post

Admin
Admin
Admin
https://www.thepreciousmetalforum.com

Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:50 am
The Cat's Mother wrote:I did a bit of googling and looked up Homigot. There was an entry about the hand in the sea, which explains the mystery of the hand on the round:

"At Homigot Cape where tens of thousands of people visit to watch the sunrise every year, there is the Hand of Mutual Shake symbolizing harmony in the new millennium. There is a right hand on the sea and a left hand on the land, and in particular, the red sun rising over the right hand is spectacular."

Still strange when the Homigot also refers to the Tigers Tail.

I thought that was a Easter egg of information with the hand, and odd to be added. But hey its all good.
Thank you TCM for that update and information I do appreciate it.

denby likes this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:22 am
Yes, 'Homigot' is Tiger's Tail Cape, so it's a fitting end to the four rounds featuring the tiger at various places in Korea. Photos of the place on the web show the giant hand emerging from the sea.

Admin likes this post

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum