The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://www.thepreciousmetalforum.com

Philharmonic 1oz Silver and why you should have one.  Empty Philharmonic 1oz Silver and why you should have one.

Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:18 pm
Stacking 101 and some advice.

If you think someone can benefit from hearing this please share.

The Cat's Mother, Rod Panhard, denby and AVG like this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Philharmonic 1oz Silver and why you should have one.  Empty Re: Philharmonic 1oz Silver and why you should have one.

Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:54 pm
Interesting stuff Jon. I'm not a financial adviser either (and that's the only clue I'm giving out for next year's competition) and I think it was implicit in your video, talking about ten year periods, that stacking is not a short term strategy. It will take a while for spot price (which is what a dealer will buy back at, possibly a bit above spot) and the retail price of silver which includes a premium to cover on costs and profit. Ultimately, an item is only worth what someone will pay you for it, and the hope is that this will increase over the years. If you don't mind making a bit of a loss though,  physical silver can be liquidated easily to generate some cash in hand.
For myself, I do differentiate between stacking and collecting, and I see myself as more of a collector. The higher end coins and rounds are to me miniature works of art with a value way above the amount of silver in them, and I know I'll never recoup the cost if I were to sell my treasures. This is something I accept, and try to buy only the ones I think I'll love forever - although mistakes do happen and I'm taking a hard look at one or two odds and ends in my collection. For that reason, I don't tend to bother with what I call the generics - Maples, Britannias, Eagles, Libertads, Perth Mint Interminables etc. Obviously, I reserve the right to be inconsistent with this from time to time.
BTW I absolutely agree with you about paying off credit card debt. Credit cards are a great way to pay for things, and a terrible way to finance purchases.

Admin, denby and AVG like this post

Admin
Admin
Admin
https://www.thepreciousmetalforum.com

Philharmonic 1oz Silver and why you should have one.  Empty Re: Philharmonic 1oz Silver and why you should have one.

Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:25 pm
Collectors like you and I now are a different breed. I am still a bit on both sides. But more towards collecting than anything else.

I love the up and comping mints that are standing out and I love making my own art. This is the year for ACE FYI just because I said so.

FYI I shall try to contact You tomorrow if I have a sec.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum