The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
tray
tray

Scottsdale Mint  Empty Scottsdale Mint

Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:45 pm
Is there any local or European shops that sell Scottsdale mint

Admin and Rod Panhard like this post

Silverlocks
Silverlocks

Scottsdale Mint  Empty Re: Scottsdale Mint

Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:26 am
Here are some at Atkinson's 

https://atkinsonsbullion.com/silver/scottsdale-mint-collection?gad_source=1
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:03 am
That's handy to know @Silverlocks , but they don't seem to have many of the coins that Scottsdale produce. I don't know of any mainstream sellers in the UK, and tend to buy from trusted sellers on eBay if there's something I want. Scottsdale do ship to the UK, but the cost of postage is prohibitive if the sale is only one or two coins.
As an aside, I got an email this morning from Scottsdale telling me about the release of the 2023 Samoan Mermaid. I do want it, but I'll be holding back until they arrive in Europe.

Rod Panhard and Silverlocks like this post

tray
tray

Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:54 am
It's the mermaid I want, it's very pretty

Silverlocks likes this post

Silverlocks
Silverlocks

Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:51 pm
They are rather nice, aren't they?  Would it be worth the effort to club together and buy several to spread the cost?
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:32 pm
Silverlocks wrote:They are rather nice, aren't they?  Would it be worth the effort to club together and buy several to spread the cost?
I'd be up for that. I have the 2021 and 2022 Mermaids, and want to continue the series. I don't think Martin will be stocking it, since he didn't do the last one. I like their Samoa Seahorse series too, but I don't think the 2023 one is out yet. They are always so late with them!
Silverlocks
Silverlocks

Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:29 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:
Silverlocks wrote:They are rather nice, aren't they?  Would it be worth the effort to club together and buy several to spread the cost?
I'd be up for that. I have the 2021 and 2022 Mermaids, and want to continue the series. I don't think Martin will be stocking it, since he didn't do the last one. I like their Samoa Seahorse series too, but I don't think the 2023 one is out yet. They are always so late with them!

I get paid in a couple of days so I could make an order anytime after that.  If you want to get some items, work out what you want and I'll bundle up an order and settle things once I get everything back here to Blighty.  It'll have to be in the next few days, though, as I'm off to Indonesia in 3 weeks.
Rod Panhard
Rod Panhard

Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:45 pm
I'm still looking for 3x 10oz Scottsdale Stacker bars to fill a box and I noticed that Scottsdale themselves do one day auctions on Ebay starting at 99p and by the end of play they must clearly always get the price they are looking for.  Atkinsons are expensive for these £50 more than what I have been paying.
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:52 pm
I would like one bright silver Mermaid Mother and Daughter.
Silverlocks
Silverlocks

Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:24 pm
Rod Panhard wrote:I'm still looking for 3x 10oz Scottsdale Stacker bars to fill a box and I noticed that Scottsdale themselves do one day auctions on Ebay starting at 99p and by the end of play they must clearly always get the price they are looking for.  Atkinsons are expensive for these £50 more than what I have been paying.

Depending on what FX rate I end up getting out of the payment provider, I think you'd be looking at something like £260+shipping, give or take.

If you hunt about t'interwebs you can find 10oz bars for quite a bit less than that, so unless you're married to Scottsdale there might be better value silver bars to be had.  However, I can certainly add that to the order if you really want them.

Rod Panhard likes this post

Rod Panhard
Rod Panhard

Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:28 pm
Silverlocks wrote:
Rod Panhard wrote:I'm still looking for 3x 10oz Scottsdale Stacker bars to fill a box and I noticed that Scottsdale themselves do one day auctions on Ebay starting at 99p and by the end of play they must clearly always get the price they are looking for.  Atkinsons are expensive for these £50 more than what I have been paying.

Depending on what FX rate I end up getting out of the payment provider, I think you'd be looking at something like £260+shipping.

If you hunt about t'interwebs you can find 10oz bars for quite a bit less than that, so unless you're married to Scottsdale there might be better value silver bars to be had.  However, I can certainly add that to the order if you really want them.

£250 is the max I have been paying, the shipping and import fees puts orders from Scottsdale directly over this.  I can wait as long as it takes until some appear at my price, I've noticed these bars don't show for months then loads appear all at once.

Last edited by Rod Panhard on Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Silverlocks
Silverlocks

Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:30 pm
I'll do a little due diligence and find out if I can get items shipped in time before I go to Indonesia and what the shipping might cost, as I really don't want them sitting about in the mail room for 3 weeks.  Otherwise, it might be better to re-convene and put the order in when I get back.
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:54 pm
Silverlocks wrote:I'll do a little due diligence and find out if I can get items shipped in time before I go to Indonesia and what the shipping might cost, as I really don't want them sitting about in the mail room for 3 weeks.  Otherwise, it might be better to re-convene and put the order in when I get back.

That would be good @Silverlocks . Maybe let us know the price before ordering, including the cost of sending them out to us.
tray
tray

Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:23 pm
It ordered the first two mermaids from them last year p&p was very expensive but came very fast

Silverlocks
Silverlocks

Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:24 pm
tray wrote:It ordered the first two mermaids from them last year p&p was very expensive but came very fast

How much was the P&P?
Silverlocks
Silverlocks

Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:26 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:
Silverlocks wrote:I'll do a little due diligence and find out if I can get items shipped in time before I go to Indonesia and what the shipping might cost, as I really don't want them sitting about in the mail room for 3 weeks.  Otherwise, it might be better to re-convene and put the order in when I get back.

That would be good  @Silverlocks . Maybe let us know the price before ordering, including the cost of sending them out to us.

I'll see if I can, although I've been burned on a couple of occasions by sites that wouldn't let you see that information before you had committed to an order.
Silverlocks
Silverlocks

Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:36 pm
I've gone far enough into orders for 4-7 coins (as a sample) and the shipping is $43 for the cheapest 1-14 day option.  So, anticipate something like $7-$10 each (+VAT) for the coins, plus about £3/package for local postage signed for, depending on how many you end up buying.

Not cheap, but not infeasibly expensive if we can get the order up to (say) 5-10 coins.  I might buy a couple of years of the mermaids that they still have, plus one or two others.
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:57 pm
I could go for the Omnia Type 2 round and the Fiji Great Wave as well as the 2023 Mermaid if that helps with numbers.
I have the 2023 Fiji Koi coins, and they are very nice indeed if you're looking for inspiration.
Silverlocks
Silverlocks

Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:15 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:I could go for the Omnia Type 2 round and the Fiji Great Wave as well as the 2023 Mermaid if that helps with numbers.
I have the 2023 Fiji Koi coins, and they are very nice indeed if you're looking for inspiration.

I was thinking of the 2022 and 2023 mermaids, and some of the wildlife ones like the cheetah and shoebill.  I did see the koi as well.

@Tray, is there anything else you want - 2 or 3 coins each is getting to a big enough order to soften the shipping.

Amazing will have a look
Silverlocks
Silverlocks

Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:37 pm
@Rod Panhard - is there anything other than stackers that you want?

Rod Panhard
Rod Panhard

Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:41 pm
Silverlocks wrote:@Rod Panhard - is there anything other than stackers that you want?

Thanks for the offer but it's really just the stackers, I am trying really hard to cut down on the number of silver series I am embroiled in.

The Cat's Mother and Silverlocks like this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:12 pm
Rod Panhard wrote:
Silverlocks wrote:@Rod Panhard - is there anything other than stackers that you want?

Thanks for the offer but it's really just the stackers, I am trying really hard to cut down on the number of silver series I am embroiled in.

I feel your pain @Rod Panhard

Silverlocks
Silverlocks

Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:58 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:I could go for the Omnia Type 2 round and the Fiji Great Wave as well as the 2023 Mermaid if that helps with numbers.

These ones?

https://www.scottsdalemint.com/product/scottsdale-omnia-type-2-1-oz-silver-round/

https://www.scottsdalemint.com/product/2017-fiji-hokusai-great-wave-silver-coin/
tray
tray

Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:29 pm
Scottsdale Mint  Screen38

Just found this on powercoin. it's not out yet but they could do all three versions
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:28 am
Silverlocks wrote:

These ones?

https://www.scottsdalemint.com/product/scottsdale-omnia-type-2-1-oz-silver-round/

https://www.scottsdalemint.com/product/2017-fiji-hokusai-great-wave-silver-coin/

Those are they @Silverlocks

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum