The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://www.thepreciousmetalforum.com

Where is Gold heading? Empty Where is Gold heading?

Tue May 25, 2021 2:29 pm
With the markets up and down and the USD weakening where do you think this shiny stuff is going? up or down?

Fortune8 likes this post

Fortune8
Fortune8

Where is Gold heading? Empty Re: Where is Gold heading?

Thu May 27, 2021 5:27 pm
I think it can only go up, the way the world is at the moment it's about the only thing that hasn't gone t*t's up.
It's no good printing more worthless paper in an attempt to stimulate the economy, it's too late. We will end up returning to the Gold standard, we always have, and we always will. When the sh.. hits fan, as it must eventually do, then you'll be glad you have some gold.

Admin likes this post

Admin
Admin
Admin
https://www.thepreciousmetalforum.com

Thu May 27, 2021 7:45 pm
Well currently it is nearly at 2k in USD.

so Just waiting for the boundary to break.

Fortune8 likes this post

Grace

Sun May 30, 2021 11:59 pm
In the long run, gold always goes up "nominally" - that is caused by currency values falling. A rise in gold price indicates a falling currency (ie purchasing power). That is why they say if you buy gold, you are preserving your wealth and purchasing power.

Gold (and silver) is currently waaaay underpriced. Here are the fundamentals. Let's say we take the value of gold as the "total amount of currency in the world" divided by the "total amount of gold on earth, both mined and underground". In other words, let's back all the world's currencies by gold.

Total amount of currencies in the world (roughly) = $215 trillion
Total amount of gold on earth (mined and still underground) = 244 tonnes (about 8.6 billion ounces)

Value of gold should fundamentally be = 215,000,000,000,000 / 8,600,000,000 = $25k per oz

And the reason why the gold price is at $1900 per oz today is due to price manipulation. $1900 is cheap folks!

Admin, Fortune8, Rod Panhard and Tonyelec like this post

AceBullion
AceBullion
Sponsor
https://www.acebullion.com

Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:47 am
With recent talks regarding crypto and the leaning in Virtual gold . I suspect that the physical demand will start increasing soon. I also strongly advise my fellow friends to invest in Platinum. I am constantly looking out for 1/10th platinum Britannias and 1/10th gold.
Easy to sell. But by gosh hard to obtain.

Fortune8 likes this post

Grace

Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:15 pm
Basel III got passed in Europe last Monday, so now European banks will have to abide by these new rules for gold starting Monday 5 July. In short, physical gold (ie allocated) will now be classified as tier 1 assets, and paper gold (ie non-allocated) remains at tier 3. Question now is.... will banks start to move from non-allocated to allocated? If so, they will be buying more physical stuff, which will then raise prices.

Fortune8 and AceBullion like this post

AceBullion
AceBullion
Sponsor
https://www.acebullion.com

Sat Jul 03, 2021 12:59 pm
@Grace wrote:Basel III got passed in Europe last Monday, so now European banks will have to abide by these new rules for gold starting Monday 5 July.  In short, physical gold (ie allocated) will now be classified as tier 1 assets, and paper gold (ie non-allocated) remains at tier 3.  Question now is.... will banks start to move from non-allocated to allocated?  If so, they will be buying more physical stuff, which will then raise prices.

We both read and seen this story thats been still developing.

Fortune8 likes this post

AgAuAgAu

Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:42 pm
My opinion on gold is that it is the only precious metal that is really worth investing in over the long term. There will be spikes (positive and negative) in silver but not to the degree you see with gold. Gold also offers a far easier method of stacking given the size to cost ratio, especially compared with silver. I regardless buy silver and occasionally will buy a silver proof if the design is something I am interested in. For instance, I will happily buy the 2oz Silver Krugerand as it is such a lovely coin.
My view on gold is that it will be up around the £1,350 mark by the end of the year and following the global wake up from Covid will drop a little in 2022 before settling around the £1,400 mark this time next year. For me the next 12 months remains the same...stack bullion at spot, avoid proofs and high premiums and do not sell unless absolutely necessary.

Fortune8 and AceBullion like this post

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum