The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://www.thepreciousmetalforum.com

2022 Lion & Hyena Predator coin   Empty 2022 Lion & Hyena Predator coin

Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:38 pm
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

2022 Lion & Hyena Predator coin   Empty Re: 2022 Lion & Hyena Predator coin

Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:02 pm
Good review again, @Admin and again it was great to see the close up images. However, overall I was disappointed by the coin.
I felt that this could have been a fantastic coin but, I'm sorry, I think that it has turned out ugly. The forelegs on the hyena at the back look deformed, and there is no shoulder definition, but for me the main flaws are in the depiction of the lion. The left front leg looks like a chair leg, too short and stuck on the side, and this is compounded by the beast's chest and stomach looking like a cushion. The raised front paw is grotesque and the expression on the lion's face defies description. Hyenas are not attractive animals, and the coin probably hasn't done them too much of a disservice.
Taste is a very individual thing, and I'm sure many will disagree with every word above. However .....
Incidentally, 9fine Mint is an arm of APMEX. They set up the mint to launch their series of silver bars, which they stock along with a bit of hand-poured silver and two or three rounds. I think coins are a new venture for them. I have one of their bars, a 3 oz snowflake, and very nice it is. I would be very happy to buy their bars (if APMEX exported to the UK at anything other than piratical terms, and accepted Paypal on orders from outside the US).

Admin likes this post

Admin
Admin
Admin
https://www.thepreciousmetalforum.com

2022 Lion & Hyena Predator coin   Empty Re: 2022 Lion & Hyena Predator coin

Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:15 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:Good review again,  @Admin  and again it was great to see the close up images. However, overall I was disappointed by the coin.
I felt that this could have been a fantastic coin but, I'm sorry, I think that it has turned out ugly. The forelegs on the hyena at the back look deformed, and there is no shoulder definition, but for me the main flaws are in the depiction of the lion. The left front leg looks like a chair leg, too short and stuck on the side, and this is compounded by the beast's chest and stomach looking like a cushion. The raised front paw is grotesque and the expression on the lion's face defies description. Hyenas are not attractive animals, and the coin probably hasn't done them too much of a disservice.
Taste is a very individual thing, and I'm sure many will disagree with every word above. However .....
Incidentally, 9fine Mint is an arm of APMEX. They set up the mint to launch their series of silver bars, which they stock along with a bit of hand-poured silver and two or three rounds. I think coins are a new venture for them. I have one of their bars, a 3 oz snowflake, and very nice it is. I would be very happy to buy their bars (if APMEX exported to the UK at anything other than piratical terms, and accepted Paypal on orders from outside the US).
I agree, I found the positive sides of this coin and were looking and focused on the flaws. 
but as you mentioned about the legs I could not agree more. 

Yes I knew about 9Fine Mint being a part of Apmex. Something I forgot all about and just was fixed on the small production. Well hopefully Acebullion will soon show off the bullion bars.  Very Happy And that hopefully will be a great bargain for all.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum