The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
AceBullion
AceBullion
Sponsor
https://www.acebullion.com

Big livestream today Empty Big livestream today

Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:32 am
I know what I am doing today, I hope you can join me in my big livestream later today at 1230 UK time. Or 730 NY time. 

Big livestream today 20220210
Big livestream today 20220211

CanadianGoldHunter likes this post

ShortJohnSilver
ShortJohnSilver

Big livestream today Empty Re: Big livestream today

Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:05 am
You really like the Simpsonskii 👍

I have some great friend in Moskow, but have lost touch with them. One was a General in the Red Army during the start of the Afgan War, the other was a mathematician who calculated the sputnik launch rocket return trajectory.
Both lovely intelligent people & both called Alexei...

Admin likes this post

Admin
Admin
Admin
https://www.thepreciousmetalforum.com

Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:30 am
ShortJohnSilver wrote:You really like the Simpsonskii 👍

I have some great friend in Moskow, but have lost touch with them. One was a General in the Red Army during the start of the Afgan War, the other was a mathematician who calculated the sputnik launch rocket return trajectory.
I have to be extremely careful what I say or type, but I have friends there ( kinda obvious ) and I have friend in other parts of the world.  Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

I was going to do a video with the coins above on the day after the war broke out. Then I realised I just couldnt. It would not have been acceptable and it would have been in very poor taste. The coins are brilliant and I have some other gifts from my friend. 

I lived in Russia for a short time ( nearly 6 months ) and it was a eye opening experience. And YES it was chasing a girl ... oh those were the days. Now I chase my medications.  lol! Sad but very true.
ShortJohnSilver
ShortJohnSilver

Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:56 am
Admin wrote:
ShortJohnSilver wrote:You really like the Simpsonskii 👍

I have to be extremely careful what I say or type, but I have friends there ( kinda obvious ) and I have friend in other parts of the world.  Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

I was going to do a video with the coins above on the day after the war broke out. Then I realised I just couldnt. It would not have been acceptable and it would have been in very poor taste. The coins are brilliant and I have some other gifts from my friend. 

I lived in Russia for a short time ( nearly 6 months ) and it was a eye opening experience. And YES it was chasing a girl ... oh those were the days. Now I chase my medications.  lol! Sad but very true.

I spent two 3 month stints there for work...
As you say, it is an eye-openner.
Many of the things we take for granted are not so in the rest of The World.
It was the Authorities' struggle with the Russian Mafia, leaving bodies where they were shot & the the violent way the Miner's protest was handled - they hadn't been paid for months and were starving!!!
The way roundabout work in the road system, no need for car insurance - some of the roads were race-tracks at night for the nouveau riche trashing the new sports cars...
A weird, wonderful, frightening, welcoming, thuggish & cultural place. (c.1998~1999)

Admin likes this post

Admin
Admin
Admin

Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:29 am
OMG Your bringing back memories. I was in Southern Russia. And it was very busy, not like today. But a growing population " City " 

But yes you could get away with just about anything if you had enough to bribe the police... NOT like I would ever do that.

ShortJohnSilver likes this post

CanadianGoldHunter
CanadianGoldHunter
https://www.instagram.com/labbe_prospecting

Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:41 pm
woooot ill be there Wink

Admin likes this post

Admin
Admin
Admin

Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:29 pm
Thank you bud for joining me.. It was really nice having you part of this. 

I hope you get your son to read the book.

CanadianGoldHunter likes this post

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum