The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://www.thepreciousmetalforum.com

Good and Ugly,  Empty Good and Ugly,

Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:03 pm
Australian Coat of Arms, & the Tiger vrs Comodo 

You decide. 

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Good and Ugly,  Empty Re: Good and Ugly,

Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:05 pm
From the sublime to the ridiculous ....
The coat of arms is a really good coin, and my two arrived from Martin this morning. It's shaping up to be a great series, and with another seven states to go it could run for quite a while. (Maybe into the next reign?)
As for the cat and lizard: it is truly a horrible thing, and I don't know how you kept a straight face when reviewing it. Such a shame when you consider how such a series could have been. Where to start? You have dealt with the technical points, but purely on the factual: there are no tigers on Komodo Island, or on Rinca either, which is where most of the dragons are. Nor is there any bamboo, although there's lots of scrubby trees where the dragons hide out and wait for an unsuspecting deer (or tourist) to pass. Lastly, the designer missed a great opportunity to show the amazing forked tongue that the dragons have. The overall impression is of two mates meeting up in a bar, and one is slapping the other on the back while they laugh at something. Truly cr-ubbish.
Shall we run a book on the next subject? I'm going for Giant Squid and Killer Whale.

Admin likes this post

Admin
Admin
Admin
https://www.thepreciousmetalforum.com

Good and Ugly,  Empty Re: Good and Ugly,

Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:33 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:From the sublime to the ridiculous ....
The coat of arms is a really good coin, and my two arrived from Martin this morning. It's shaping up to be a great series, and with another seven states to go it could run for quite a while. (Maybe into the next reign?)
As for the cat and lizard: it is truly a horrible thing, and I don't know how you kept a straight face when reviewing it. Such a shame when you consider how such a series could have been. Where to start? You have dealt with the technical points, but purely on the factual: there are no tigers on Komodo Island, or on Rinca either, which is where most of the dragons are. Nor is there any bamboo, although there's lots of scrubby trees where the dragons hide out and wait for an unsuspecting deer (or tourist) to pass. Lastly, the designer missed a great opportunity to show the amazing forked tongue that the dragons have. The overall impression is of two mates meeting up in a bar, and one is slapping the other on the back while they laugh at something. Truly cr-ubbish.
Shall we run a book on the next subject? I'm going for Giant Squid and Killer Whale.
lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

I couldn't keep a straight face.. I was cracking up. 

I just didn't want to swear or similar. 

It is horrible.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum