The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
ArcaneCollector
ArcaneCollector
Posts : 34
Join date : 2022-06-02
Location : Northamptonshire

Coin capsule dilemma  Empty Coin capsule dilemma

Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:04 pm
Hi all

I ordered a variety of bullion coins. They arrived in capsules. All good until I started putting them into my Airtite tube. All coins fit except my Kangaroo. The tube has an inner diameter of 46mm. Despite the Kookaburra and Kangaroo both being 41mm, the Kook is in a 45mm capsule and the Kangaroo is in a 47mm outer diameter capsule.

Any idea where I can get more 41 inner and 45 outer capsules? All I seem to find are the usual ebay brands (such as Lighthouse, Lindner, Schulz) which are 41/47.

Admin likes this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother
Moderator
Posts : 822
Join date : 2021-05-19
Location : UK

Coin capsule dilemma  Empty Re: Coin capsule dilemma

Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:37 pm
Hello @ArcaneCollector . I had a quick google search with the terms: "coin capsule 41 mm inner and 45 mm outer", and one came up. It's Frimoony and the one I found is shown as being on Amazon, but they may be available elsewhere. There was a diagram showing the internal and external measurements, so have a look and see if it's what you're after.

Admin likes this post

ArcaneCollector
ArcaneCollector
Posts : 34
Join date : 2022-06-02
Location : Northamptonshire

Coin capsule dilemma  Empty Re: Coin capsule dilemma

Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:33 am
The Cat's Mother wrote:Hello  @ArcaneCollector . I had a quick google search with the terms: "coin capsule 41 mm inner and 45 mm outer", and one came up. It's Frimoony and  the one I found is shown as being on Amazon, but they may be available elsewhere. There was a diagram showing the internal and external measurements, so have a look and see if it's what you're after.

Thanks @The Cat's Mother. I found that same product last night, but branded Muroad. Gotta love these daft names Chinese people come up with! That set may be my best option. It says no PVC, hope they are not lying!

Admin likes this post

kimchi
kimchi
Posts : 233
Join date : 2021-08-28

Coin capsule dilemma  Empty Re: Coin capsule dilemma

Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:31 pm
ArcaneCollector wrote:...
That set may be my best option. It says no PVC, hope they are not lying!

You should be absolutely fine with cheap non-PVC capsules (as long as they seal well etc).

Which Roo are you talking about bud, Royal Australia Mint (RAM) or Perth? If it's RAM I'd probably keep it in its original capsule (some buyers want the original cap), whereas Perth Roos are more basic bullion so don't matter so much.

Admin likes this post

ArcaneCollector
ArcaneCollector
Posts : 34
Join date : 2022-06-02
Location : Northamptonshire

Coin capsule dilemma  Empty Re: Coin capsule dilemma

Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:40 pm
kimchi wrote:
ArcaneCollector wrote:...
That set may be my best option. It says no PVC, hope they are not lying!

You should be absolutely fine with cheap non-PVC capsules (as long as they seal well etc).

Which Roo are you talking about bud, Royal Australia Mint (RAM) or Perth? If it's RAM I'd probably keep it in its original capsule (some buyers want the original cap), whereas Perth Roos are more basic bullion so don't matter so much.

It’s a rare Zimbabwean Roo. The seller said they only minted 1000 of them, so I was pleased to only pay £500 on eBay. Bargain! Im getting good at this coin collecting 🙂.

Admin and kimchi like this post

kimchi
kimchi
Posts : 233
Join date : 2021-08-28

Coin capsule dilemma  Empty Re: Coin capsule dilemma

Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:55 pm
ArcaneCollector wrote:
It’s a rare Zimbabwean Roo. The seller said they only minted 1000 of them, so I was pleased to only pay £500 on eBay. Bargain! Im getting good at this coin collecting 🙂.

Blimey that is a rare find indeed! Shocked Are you interested in any mules? I have an incredibly rare American Silver Eagle obverse/Britannia reverse from our friends in the a Chinese mint backroom operation. It's 9999 silver metal alloy of some description and I'm offering it at a once in a lifetime price of £1000 (I will even include post!). And I'm cutting my own throat at that!

Admin and ArcaneCollector like this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother
Moderator
Posts : 822
Join date : 2021-05-19
Location : UK

Coin capsule dilemma  Empty Re: Coin capsule dilemma

Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:52 pm
CMOT Kimchi - how many do you have? I don't have many Zimbabwean silverish coins. I did see an incredibly well-priced Scooby Roo the other day, but I thought about it for too long and missed out.

Admin, kimchi and ArcaneCollector like this post

ArcaneCollector
ArcaneCollector
Posts : 34
Join date : 2022-06-02
Location : Northamptonshire

Coin capsule dilemma  Empty Re: Coin capsule dilemma

Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:52 pm
kimchi wrote:
ArcaneCollector wrote:
It’s a rare Zimbabwean Roo. The seller said they only minted 1000 of them, so I was pleased to only pay £500 on eBay. Bargain! Im getting good at this coin collecting 🙂.

Blimey that is a rare find indeed! Shocked Are you interested in any mules? I have an incredibly rare American Silver Eagle obverse/Britannia reverse from our friends in the a Chinese mint backroom operation. It's 9999 silver metal alloy of some description and I'm offering it at a once in a lifetime price of £1000 (I will even include post!). And I'm cutting my own throat at that!

@kimchi 😂😂 Do you also sell sausages? Wow! I need that coin in my life! 😂 Going back a question, it’s a bog standard Perth bullion. Can’t say that I like the design. All those radial sun lines make it too busy for me. By contrast, the Kook is clean and stunning. I love the Krugerrand’s colour, the Maple leaf’s texture (but it has the worst Queen), the Britannia’s tech and the Koala’s cuteness. Combine those and you have the perfect bullion coin. And I am underwhelmed by the Philharmonic! Next on my list is perhaps a turtle or a Noah’s Ark.

Admin and kimchi like this post

ArcaneCollector
ArcaneCollector
Posts : 34
Join date : 2022-06-02
Location : Northamptonshire

Coin capsule dilemma  Empty Re: Coin capsule dilemma

Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:55 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:CMOT Kimchi - how many do you have? I don't have many Zimbabwean silverish coins. I did see an incredibly well-priced Scooby Roo the other day, but I thought about it for too long and missed out.

😂😂 @The Cat's Mother nice to see Pratchett fans on here! Now I really want a Scooby Roo, and a Scrappy Roo! 😝

Admin likes this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother
Moderator
Posts : 822
Join date : 2021-05-19
Location : UK

Coin capsule dilemma  Empty Re: Coin capsule dilemma

Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:22 am
ArcaneCollector wrote:
The Cat's Mother wrote:CMOT Kimchi - how many do you have? I don't have many Zimbabwean silverish coins. I did see an incredibly well-priced Scooby Roo the other day, but I thought about it for too long and missed out.

😂😂  @The Cat's Mother nice to see Pratchett fans on here! Now I really want a Scooby Roo, and a Scrappy Roo! 😝

Hi  @ArcaneCollector . We fans are everywhere, maybe we should form a sub-group on the Forum if  @Admin can set one up. After all, gold plays a huge role on the Disc, and I believe  @kimchi 's sausages in a bun are to die for. Only half a Rhinu each, funeral extra.  Coin capsule dilemma  1f638  Coin capsule dilemma  1f638  Coin capsule dilemma  1f638

Admin and ArcaneCollector like this post

Admin
Admin
Admin
Posts : 1185
Join date : 2021-05-08
Location : England UK
https://www.thepreciousmetalforum.com

Coin capsule dilemma  Empty Re: Coin capsule dilemma

Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:41 am
The Cat's Mother wrote:
ArcaneCollector wrote:
The Cat's Mother wrote:CMOT Kimchi - how many do you have? I don't have many Zimbabwean silverish coins. I did see an incredibly well-priced Scooby Roo the other day, but I thought about it for too long and missed out.

😂😂  @The Cat's Mother nice to see Pratchett fans on here! Now I really want a Scooby Roo, and a Scrappy Roo! 😝

Hi  @ArcaneCollector . We fans are everywhere, maybe we should form a sub-group on the Forum if  @Admin can set one up. After all, gold plays a huge role on the Disc, and I believe  @kimchi 's sausages in a bun are to die for. Only half a Rhinu each, funeral extra.  Coin capsule dilemma  1f638  Coin capsule dilemma  1f638  Coin capsule dilemma  1f638


A sub forum for fans? what on earth are you lot talking about?

Crypto is going, soon to be replaced with something else I feel is more appropriate for many. 

If you want anything like a sub forum, i will need details. 

afro study afro
kimchi
kimchi
Posts : 233
Join date : 2021-08-28

Coin capsule dilemma  Empty Re: Coin capsule dilemma

Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:20 pm
[quote="The Cat's Mother"]
ArcaneCollector wrote:

Hi  @ArcaneCollector . We fans are everywhere, maybe we should form a sub-group on the Forum if  @Admin can set one up. After all, gold plays a huge role on the Disc, and I believe  @kimchi 's sausages in a bun are to die for. Only half a Rhinu each, funeral extra.  Coin capsule dilemma  1f638  Coin capsule dilemma  1f638  Coin capsule dilemma  1f638

Various hot meat and other food products are available...well I say meat...and I say food...they are most definitely hot Smile Hot thing onna stick for you madam? Yes indeed, a once in a lifetime experience! Not many repeat customers, one might say scratch

Admin, The Cat's Mother and ArcaneCollector like this post

kimchi
kimchi
Posts : 233
Join date : 2021-08-28

Coin capsule dilemma  Empty Re: Coin capsule dilemma

Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:31 pm
ArcaneCollector wrote:
@kimchi 😂😂 Do you also sell sausages? Wow! I need that coin in my life! 😂 Going back a question, it’s a bog standard Perth bullion. Can’t say that I like the design. All those radial sun lines make it too busy for me. By contrast, the Kook is clean and stunning. I love the Krugerrand’s colour, the Maple leaf’s texture (but it has the worst Queen), the Britannia’s tech and the Koala’s cuteness. Combine those and you have the perfect bullion coin. And I am underwhelmed by the Philharmonic! Next on my list is perhaps a turtle or a Noah’s Ark.

@AceBullion has been working on turtles I think Very Happy

Oh blimey yes the Perth Roos. I bought some once, took one look at their (already) milked blandness, and buried them straight in the ground in disappointment! Some of the RAM Roos are lovely (and very collectable). You are a discerning chap indeed if you appreciate a Kook, I'm sure I and many others on the forum can help you with older years if you ever get to that stage Smile Funnily enough I've never had a Noah's Ark, they don't seem as common. I can heartily recommend the Somalian Elephant if you don't mind another coin that's highly prone to spotting (very sad this one as they are beautiful low premium coins).

Admin likes this post

kimchi
kimchi
Posts : 233
Join date : 2021-08-28

Coin capsule dilemma  Empty Re: Coin capsule dilemma

Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:35 pm
Admin wrote:
A sub forum for fans? what on earth are you lot talking about?

Crypto is going, soon to be replaced with something else I feel is more appropriate for many. 

If you want anything like a sub forum, i will need details. 

afro study afro

As TCM suggests I think we need a sub-group for Glod among other things, many thanks in advance! Smile

Admin likes this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother
Moderator
Posts : 822
Join date : 2021-05-19
Location : UK

Coin capsule dilemma  Empty Re: Coin capsule dilemma

Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:33 pm
kimchi wrote:
Admin wrote:
A sub forum for fans? what on earth are you lot talking about?

Crypto is going, soon to be replaced with something else I feel is more appropriate for many. 

If you want anything like a sub forum, i will need details. 

afro study afro

As TCM suggests I think we need a sub-group for Glod among other things, many thanks in advance! Smile

Hi  @Admin . Calm down, dear - you should know better than to take seriously anything that  @kimchi or I suggest, and it looks like we have a soulmate in  @ArcaneCollector . It concerns books, and I am looking for the first impression of the second edition of 'The Colour of Magic'. Can I list it in the 'Wanted' section? I am very fussy about condition, though.

Admin likes this post

Sponsored content

Coin capsule dilemma  Empty Re: Coin capsule dilemma

Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum