The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
ArcaneCollector
ArcaneCollector

Coin capsule dilemma  Empty Coin capsule dilemma

Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:04 pm
Hi all

I ordered a variety of bullion coins. They arrived in capsules. All good until I started putting them into my Airtite tube. All coins fit except my Kangaroo. The tube has an inner diameter of 46mm. Despite the Kookaburra and Kangaroo both being 41mm, the Kook is in a 45mm capsule and the Kangaroo is in a 47mm outer diameter capsule.

Any idea where I can get more 41 inner and 45 outer capsules? All I seem to find are the usual ebay brands (such as Lighthouse, Lindner, Schulz) which are 41/47.

Admin likes this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Coin capsule dilemma  Empty Re: Coin capsule dilemma

Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:37 pm
Hello @ArcaneCollector . I had a quick google search with the terms: "coin capsule 41 mm inner and 45 mm outer", and one came up. It's Frimoony and the one I found is shown as being on Amazon, but they may be available elsewhere. There was a diagram showing the internal and external measurements, so have a look and see if it's what you're after.

Admin likes this post

ArcaneCollector
ArcaneCollector

Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:33 am
The Cat's Mother wrote:Hello  @ArcaneCollector . I had a quick google search with the terms: "coin capsule 41 mm inner and 45 mm outer", and one came up. It's Frimoony and  the one I found is shown as being on Amazon, but they may be available elsewhere. There was a diagram showing the internal and external measurements, so have a look and see if it's what you're after.

Thanks @The Cat's Mother. I found that same product last night, but branded Muroad. Gotta love these daft names Chinese people come up with! That set may be my best option. It says no PVC, hope they are not lying!

Admin likes this post

Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:31 pm
ArcaneCollector wrote:...
That set may be my best option. It says no PVC, hope they are not lying!

You should be absolutely fine with cheap non-PVC capsules (as long as they seal well etc).

Which Roo are you talking about bud, Royal Australia Mint (RAM) or Perth? If it's RAM I'd probably keep it in its original capsule (some buyers want the original cap), whereas Perth Roos are more basic bullion so don't matter so much.
ArcaneCollector
ArcaneCollector

Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:40 pm
kimchi wrote:
ArcaneCollector wrote:...
That set may be my best option. It says no PVC, hope they are not lying!

You should be absolutely fine with cheap non-PVC capsules (as long as they seal well etc).

Which Roo are you talking about bud, Royal Australia Mint (RAM) or Perth? If it's RAM I'd probably keep it in its original capsule (some buyers want the original cap), whereas Perth Roos are more basic bullion so don't matter so much.

It’s a rare Zimbabwean Roo. The seller said they only minted 1000 of them, so I was pleased to only pay £500 on eBay. Bargain! Im getting good at this coin collecting 🙂.

Admin likes this post

Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:55 pm
ArcaneCollector wrote:
It’s a rare Zimbabwean Roo. The seller said they only minted 1000 of them, so I was pleased to only pay £500 on eBay. Bargain! Im getting good at this coin collecting 🙂.

Blimey that is a rare find indeed! Shocked Are you interested in any mules? I have an incredibly rare American Silver Eagle obverse/Britannia reverse from our friends in the a Chinese mint backroom operation. It's 9999 silver metal alloy of some description and I'm offering it at a once in a lifetime price of £1000 (I will even include post!). And I'm cutting my own throat at that!
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:52 pm
CMOT Kimchi - how many do you have? I don't have many Zimbabwean silverish coins. I did see an incredibly well-priced Scooby Roo the other day, but I thought about it for too long and missed out.

Admin and ArcaneCollector like this post

ArcaneCollector
ArcaneCollector

Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:52 pm
kimchi wrote:
ArcaneCollector wrote:

Blimey that is a rare find indeed! Shocked Are you interested in any mules? I have an incredibly rare American Silver Eagle obverse/Britannia reverse from our friends in the a Chinese mint backroom operation. It's 9999 silver metal alloy of some description and I'm offering it at a once in a lifetime price of £1000 (I will even include post!). And I'm cutting my own throat at that!

@kimchi 😂😂 Do you also sell sausages? Wow! I need that coin in my life! 😂 Going back a question, it’s a bog standard Perth bullion. Can’t say that I like the design. All those radial sun lines make it too busy for me. By contrast, the Kook is clean and stunning. I love the Krugerrand’s colour, the Maple leaf’s texture (but it has the worst Queen), the Britannia’s tech and the Koala’s cuteness. Combine those and you have the perfect bullion coin. And I am underwhelmed by the Philharmonic! Next on my list is perhaps a turtle or a Noah’s Ark.

Admin likes this post

ArcaneCollector
ArcaneCollector

Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:55 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:CMOT Kimchi - how many do you have? I don't have many Zimbabwean silverish coins. I did see an incredibly well-priced Scooby Roo the other day, but I thought about it for too long and missed out.

😂😂 @The Cat's Mother nice to see Pratchett fans on here! Now I really want a Scooby Roo, and a Scrappy Roo! 😝

Admin likes this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:22 am
ArcaneCollector wrote:
The Cat's Mother wrote:CMOT Kimchi - how many do you have? I don't have many Zimbabwean silverish coins. I did see an incredibly well-priced Scooby Roo the other day, but I thought about it for too long and missed out.

😂😂  @The Cat's Mother nice to see Pratchett fans on here! Now I really want a Scooby Roo, and a Scrappy Roo! 😝

Hi  @ArcaneCollector . We fans are everywhere, maybe we should form a sub-group on the Forum if  @Admin can set one up. After all, gold plays a huge role on the Disc, and I believe  @kimchi 's sausages in a bun are to die for. Only half a Rhinu each, funeral extra.  Coin capsule dilemma  1f638  Coin capsule dilemma  1f638  Coin capsule dilemma  1f638

Admin and ArcaneCollector like this post

Admin
Admin
Admin
https://www.thepreciousmetalforum.com

Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:41 am
The Cat's Mother wrote:
ArcaneCollector wrote:

😂😂  @The Cat's Mother nice to see Pratchett fans on here! Now I really want a Scooby Roo, and a Scrappy Roo! 😝

Hi  @ArcaneCollector . We fans are everywhere, maybe we should form a sub-group on the Forum if  @Admin can set one up. After all, gold plays a huge role on the Disc, and I believe  @kimchi 's sausages in a bun are to die for. Only half a Rhinu each, funeral extra.  Coin capsule dilemma  1f638  Coin capsule dilemma  1f638  Coin capsule dilemma  1f638

A sub forum for fans? what on earth are you lot talking about?

Crypto is going, soon to be replaced with something else I feel is more appropriate for many. 

If you want anything like a sub forum, i will need details. 

afro study afro

Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:20 pm
[quote="The Cat's Mother"]
ArcaneCollector wrote:

Various hot meat and other food products are available...well I say meat...and I say food...they are most definitely hot Smile Hot thing onna stick for you madam? Yes indeed, a once in a lifetime experience! Not many repeat customers, one might say scratch

Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:31 pm
ArcaneCollector wrote:
@kimchi 😂😂 Do you also sell sausages? Wow! I need that coin in my life! 😂 Going back a question, it’s a bog standard Perth bullion. Can’t say that I like the design. All those radial sun lines make it too busy for me. By contrast, the Kook is clean and stunning. I love the Krugerrand’s colour, the Maple leaf’s texture (but it has the worst Queen), the Britannia’s tech and the Koala’s cuteness. Combine those and you have the perfect bullion coin. And I am underwhelmed by the Philharmonic! Next on my list is perhaps a turtle or a Noah’s Ark.

@AceBullion has been working on turtles I think Very Happy

Oh blimey yes the Perth Roos. I bought some once, took one look at their (already) milked blandness, and buried them straight in the ground in disappointment! Some of the RAM Roos are lovely (and very collectable). You are a discerning chap indeed if you appreciate a Kook, I'm sure I and many others on the forum can help you with older years if you ever get to that stage Smile Funnily enough I've never had a Noah's Ark, they don't seem as common. I can heartily recommend the Somalian Elephant if you don't mind another coin that's highly prone to spotting (very sad this one as they are beautiful low premium coins).

Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:35 pm
Admin wrote:

Crypto is going, soon to be replaced with something else I feel is more appropriate for many. 

afro study afro

As TCM suggests I think we need a sub-group for Glod among other things, many thanks in advance! Smile
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:33 pm
kimchi wrote:
Admin wrote:

afro study afro

As TCM suggests I think we need a sub-group for Glod among other things, many thanks in advance! Smile

Hi  @Admin . Calm down, dear - you should know better than to take seriously anything that  @kimchi or I suggest, and it looks like we have a soulmate in  @ArcaneCollector . It concerns books, and I am looking for the first impression of the second edition of 'The Colour of Magic'. Can I list it in the 'Wanted' section? I am very fussy about condition, though.

Admin likes this post

Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:07 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:
Hi  @Admin . Calm down, dear - you should know better than to take seriously anything that  @kimchi or I suggest, and it looks like we have a soulmate in  @ArcaneCollector . It concerns books, and I am looking for the first impression of the second edition of 'The Colour of Magic'. Can I list it in the 'Wanted' section? I am very fussy about condition, though.

Oook?
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:29 pm
Hi @kimchi , channelling your inner Librarian?

Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:58 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:Hi  @kimchi , channelling your inner Librarian?

@The Cat's Mother believe it or not,  @AceBullion  often calls me a monkey, OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK!

I do try to be understanding though as I know he has to take his dried frog pills geek

I don't have one I'm afraid, but out of interest why are you after that specific printing?

My late Father very kindly went to a book signing to get me Carpe Jugulum as a present for Xmas one year while I was living abroad, bless him.

Did you ever meet Pterry? I'm pretty certain I saw him once at the cafe of a local garden center, sitting casually at a table in the sunshine. I'm sure it was him. Though not dressed typically it wasn't something he wouldn't wear, and he even had 'the hat' on. Sadly I convinced myself that the real Pterry would never go out so obviously as 'himself' because of course he'd be mobbed. Which was very stupid of me indeed really as no-one whatsoever approached him, so all evidence was to the contrary. I suppose I didn't really know what to say to him, and I'm not the forward/intrusive type...
ArcaneCollector
ArcaneCollector

Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:15 pm

THE CONDITION OF BOOKS IS IMMATERIAL. IN THE END YOU ALL TURN TO DUST.

The Cat's Mother likes this post

Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:19 pm
ArcaneCollector wrote:

THE CONDITION OF BOOKS IS IMMATERIAL. IN THE END YOU ALL TURN TO DUST.

HUMAN BEINGS MAKE LIFE SO INTERESTING. DO YOU KNOW, THAT IN A UNIVERSE SO FULL OF WONDERS, THEY HAVE MANAGED TO INVENT BOREDOM.
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:30 pm
@ArcaneCollector and @kimchi now channelling your inner Death. SQUEAK!

@kimchi I'm looking for that because it is the main gap in my collection. I have the 1st edition 1st printing, but there were changes made in the second edition, as well as the new dustjacket, so I want the first printing of that. I never met or saw the great TP, although I did buy a book from someone who was in the US, whose parents had emigrated when he was a child, who was TP's cousin. That's as close as I came, and it's entirely coincidental that I grow carnivorous plants and have cats. I've never worked for the CEGB either.

@ArcaneCollector the condition of the book is only immaterial when we have all turned to dust. Until then, it matters.

ArcaneCollector likes this post

ArcaneCollector
ArcaneCollector

Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:09 pm
@The Cat's Mother I used to read my books by opening them about an inch, to avoid wrinkles on the spine. My fantasy paperback collection is mint. Now I buy well read books from car boot sales! I was surprised to find that the words are the same! So now I don’t mind as much. I am reading/collecting the Horus Heresy novels and am on book 19 of er….over 50! Many are out of print so I have to resort to used. What on earth do people do with their books?! Use them as frisbees with a slobbering Labrador? I trust that you have made a pact with the devil to take your books with you when you die? Can’t have someone dog earring the pages!
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:54 pm
@ArcaneCollector - or price clipping or writing inscriptions and notes, or folding page corners to mark the place! The paperbacks I have from new are pristine, and I have read them many times. I manage to open them far enough to be able to read the whole page, but I've never had to crack them open or fold them backwards over the spine. These days if you do that the pages fall out as the production values are, shall we say, not what they were. I buy books in the best condition I can, and obviously have to compromise sometimes if it's a work I really want. By the way, if you relish works of fantasy the descriptions on sellers sites are top quality: 'very good' can mean anything from 'perfect' to 'only slightly chewed by the slobbering labrador'. Not only foxed, but wolfed and beared, to misquote the late great TP. If I am splashing out on a rare book, I want it to be in as good condition as possible. You might apply the same argument to people who get irate about the odd ding or tiny bit of milking on what is essentially a bog standard bullion coin. It's still silver of a given weight, and will always be worth spot or near-spot, but the imperfection greatly diminishes the value of the coin in the eyes of its owner. That being the case, they are right to be annoyed when sloppy minting causes imperfections.
So that's why I am fussy about condition. So far as a pact with the devil is concerned, one hasn't been offered yet and I strongly suspect that he already has a library of signed first editions and doesn't need my small collection. Like my silver, they will be part of my heirs' inheritance and the value they will realise will depend on their condition not just the words they contain.
Incidentally, charity shops are a great source of books too, in all conditions.
And - have you ever read Barry Hughart's Chronicles of Master Li or Hugh Cook's Chronicles of an Age of Darkness. If you haven't you might care to try them.
ArcaneCollector
ArcaneCollector

Fri Jul 08, 2022 6:13 am
[ @The Cat's Mother I have never considered my book collection to have any value. New, they cost around £10, used they go for £1. I only buy books for the story, and have never read a book twice, so to save space I often sell them. That said, I must have at least 100 novels on shelves that I have no intention of rereading, and which have little value. I wonder why I can’t let them go? Sentimental reasons? My inner hoarder instincts? Thanks for the recommendations! I’ll add them to my list 🙂👍🏻.

PS. I also seem to have a collection of lists, of things to collect.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum