The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

New Pegasus from the Pobjoy Mint Empty New Pegasus from the Pobjoy Mint

Sun Jul 24, 2022 1:31 pm
For those who love the BVI Pegasus from the Pobjoy Mint - and I'm one of those people - there is a new version recently issued: proof fine silver with a Black Pearl finish. It looks rather nice on the website, and I should know soon what it looks like in hand.
https://www.pobjoy.com/pegasus-2022-proof-fine-1oz-silver-with-a-pearl-black-finish-coin-bvi

Admin likes this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

New Pegasus from the Pobjoy Mint Empty Re: New Pegasus from the Pobjoy Mint

Fri Jul 29, 2022 5:26 pm
Update - this is now sold out at the mint.

Admin and tray like this post

Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:52 pm
That was quick! Are these popular? What was the mintage and price?
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:00 pm
kimchi wrote:That was quick! Are these popular? What was the mintage and price?
Mintage 2000, and price £68.29 plus VAT. If you click on the link in my original post you can see what it looks like. I'm hoping that mine will arrive tomorrow. It was sent Tracked 48 hours on 21st July, but seems to have gone on a tour of the UK courtesy of Royal Mail.

Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:11 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:
Mintage 2000, and price £68.29 plus VAT. If you click on the link in my original post you can see what it looks like. I'm hoping that mine will arrive tomorrow. It was sent Tracked 48 hours on 21st July, but seems to have gone on a tour of the UK courtesy of Royal Mail.

Many thanks! Asking on here for the preservation of information for the forum once the link changes Smile

(Absolutely nothing to do whatsoever with already having hundreds of nude mud wrestling tabs already open on the PC and fearing a crash!).

So, they are very popular, thanks again! I know it's for your personal collection and will never be sold, but any idea if these sorts of things retain their premium? I'm trying to educate myself a little on these low mintage (what I would perhaps incorrectly call 'niche') coins.  @AceBullion posted a vid on some obscure Celtic coins today, and some people were saying they should do well, so my knowledge is obviously lacking a great deal here!
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:56 pm
Hi @kimchi . I hope none of the mud wrestling pics feature @Fortune8 , he seemed quite keen on it at one time.
I honestly don't know how well these coins keep their premium. I've been collecting them since the first one was issued in 2017 (£17.05, read and weep) with a mintage of 50,000 and a one-off design. Looking on eBay just now (I know!) that coin is priced between £40 ish and £50 ish. The 2018 coin, which uses the current design and also has a mintage of 50th, cost £14.50 and is now on sale c£35 - c £40. I think it's fair to say that the premium has risen alarmingly on the new issues, and I doubt I would make much return if I was selling them, but I like them.
As you have probably gathered, I'm not a stacker as that side of things isn't really relevant to my circumstances, so I am free to go for coins/rounds that appeal to me without bothering too much about the premium - although there are limits to what I am willing to fork out, obviously.

Admin likes this post

Sun Jul 31, 2022 3:18 pm
Thank you very much indeed for the detailed reply @The Cat's Mother Smile

That is very interesting indeed. We have quite a diverse range on here from collector to stacker and all shades inbetween. I do both, but (mostly) try to see where is there potential in lower priced bullion, and most of the friends I've made through this amazing journey do pretty much the same, so this is very insightful.

I really should go through my various stashes and pick out/sell off stuff I'm not attached to but has premium. Not so easy though when a good portion of it is buried in various spots around the country!

I guess you could call me 'stacker fluid'. Can I have my own month please? lol!

Sun Jul 31, 2022 3:20 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:Hi  @kimchi . I hope none of the mud wrestling pics feature  @Fortune8 , he seemed quite keen on it at one time.

Alas no, he only seems to share those with @Admin Sad
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum