The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://www.thepreciousmetalforum.com

Epic Rant  Empty Epic Rant

Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:35 pm
Twisted Evil Long story short that car I bought for my wife is a write off. 

a bit longer story. I was mislead, lied to, and well out of pocket about 3k. 

Now onto the court system and waiting 6-12 months in hopes I will see that money again.  Evil or Very Mad

GOD Diddly! Why do horrible things happen to nice guys? 

I am soo annoyed!

I will leave it there. 

ARGH

SanMarino likes this post

Epic Rant  Empty Re: Epic Rant

Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:49 pm
Eh? Thought you said it was from a friend?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:18 pm
A friend put me onto the car, He is a mechanic. 

I assumed he had seen it, but that assumption cost me. 

As I said long story.

Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:25 pm
Oh wow, I am very, very sorry to hear that bud Sad
Admin
Admin
Admin

Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:33 pm
kimchi wrote:Oh wow, I am very, very sorry to hear that bud Sad
Thanks, I will either post more later, or do a video.. I am not sure which. I probably will do a video but only for having a record of the car. 

It shows that I have not messed with it. 

I am just livid, and thinking of my next move. IE new funding for the next car. As right now my move regarding this ordeal is small claims court ( MCOL ) I have used it a few times before and never lost. I can not see me loosing this case either, just not sure if I can squeeze blood out of a rock. 

Well that is all for tonight. 

Talk with you all later. 
Suspect
Admin
Admin
Admin

Sat Jul 30, 2022 3:32 pm
Here is a short video of how I got scammed.  @ShortJohnSilver I expect you to be able to spot soo many problems

Rod Panhard
Rod Panhard

Sat Jul 30, 2022 3:50 pm
Just watched the video, gutted for you, I always make a point of putting the reg. no. of any potential car I am thinking of buying into the DVLA MOT checker as it's a good indicator of what kind of life a car has had.  It lets you know if there has been any major fails over the years and you can check that the mileage accumulation adds up as it should but I find it more useful to see if the advisories get fixed, if you see the same ones again and again year after year then it's a safe bet the car has been run on the cheap.  For some reason yours starts in 2107 with the car at 88,644 miles which is not right there should be ones before this as the electronic system began years before so they should go back all the way to 2012 when the car was first registered.

https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-history

Admin likes this post

Admin
Admin
Admin

Sat Jul 30, 2022 4:01 pm
Rod Panhard wrote:Just watched the video, gutted for you, I always make a point of putting the reg. no. of any potential car I am thinking of buying into the DVLA MOT checker as it's a good indicator of what kind of life a car has had.  It lets you know if there has been any major fails over the years and you can check that the mileage accumulation adds up as it should but I find it more useful to see if the advisories get fixed, if you see the same ones again and again year after year then it's a safe bet the car has been run on the cheap.  For some reason yours starts in 2107 with the car at 88,644 miles which is not right there should be ones before this as the electronic system began years before so they should go back all the way to 2012 when the car was first registered.

https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-history
I have the full history, You need the V5 for that, But the car passed its MOT in Feb this year. So between then and now it has been involved in a accident. ( obviously not a insurance claim which is odd ) 
Where I went wrong was ... I assumed from my friend who is a Mechanic at a dealership that he seen the car. He didn't That was my fault. 
Then the seller stated her partner who I was dealing with was a mechanic. Turns out that is not the case! he tinkers with cars and well if that is how you get a classification I am a Astronaut because my wife tells me I am a space cadet.  Razz

The car was put in writing that it mechanically PERFECT!    yeah... no mention of accident or other problems. 

I bought the car knowing it needed the bonnet cable fitting inside the passengers footwell of the car. The back passengers door needs a electronic control unit and then the rear N/S sensor needed replacing. No problem. 

However I was completely misguided and sold a unroadworthy car. They knew about clearly as attempts were made to fix it.  Evil or Very Mad

So small claims court here I come in about 18 days.  ( MCOL )
Rod Panhard
Rod Panhard

Sat Jul 30, 2022 4:05 pm
It's possibly just dates that mean the MOT recordng begins in 2017, it won't have had MOTs for the first 3 years. I hope you get some joy chasing up these chancers.

Admin likes this post

Admin
Admin
Admin

Sat Jul 30, 2022 4:18 pm
Thanks bud, I hope so as well. I have a formal letter awaiting to be dispatched off to them. Then I have to wait 18 days. Then I can file a MCOL small claims court action.. but that takes time. 

I just hope I do not loose them in the process. 
Argh.

ShortJohnSilver
ShortJohnSilver

Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:32 pm
Oh Matey!

May I be so bold to ask how you paid for this 'car'?
My thought is that you might have a way of stopping the payment.
Further, how did you find the car?
Is the advertiser aware of this abuse of good will etc?

Seriously, my heart goes out to you Matey...

Admin likes this post

Admin
Admin
Admin

Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:45 am
ShortJohnSilver wrote:Oh Matey!

May I be so bold to ask how you paid for this 'car'?
My thought is that you might have a way of stopping the payment.
Further, how did you find the car?
Is the advertiser aware of this abuse of good will etc?

Seriously, my heart goes out to you Matey...
Price - You dont want to know. 

The people I bought it from must have known. They had it 2 months, apparently only driven it 2 weeks. 

There are clear signs of major repairs. IE bumpers etc. I am having to get the chassis completely checked. If that is bent in anyway it really is off to the scrap heap. 

I know the car might look ok to those who don't have one or don't know what to look for.. but this was deemed by my mechanic to be unroadworthy and scrap. 

I am gutted.
ShortJohnSilver
ShortJohnSilver

Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:57 am
I was asking how you paid for 'it' rather than how much... as you may be able to halt or recall payment.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:15 pm
ShortJohnSilver wrote:I was asking how you paid for 'it' rather than how much... as you may be able to halt or recall payment.
Bank Transwer, 

HSBC cant and wont step it. This is a legal matter between the two of us. 

I look forward to naming and shaming ... I have the first Legal letter waiting to be sent out tomorrow.. So 14  days after Tues.... which will bring us to the 16th of Aug. If no reply by then I will start the court case. 

I am not even going to miss a single day. 

Evil or Very Mad
Admin
Admin
Admin

Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:04 pm
Saga update. 

I wrote to the now Defendant and informed her I am open to mediation and blah blah blah... coving all legal BS. 

I enclosed all the proof of the lies and misrepresentation such as claiming her partner who I was dealing with was a Qualified Mechanic, and that the car was in " perfect running condition " Also including the original proof of purchase which does not say sold as seen and or tested etc... All stuff I actually suggested at the time but this dumb muppet didn't do... Thankfully! 

I got this morning a reply saying that she sought advice from the police. LOL really.. and that she is all clear. Ok courts will decide this. 
And that if I write to her again instead of her legal council ( which she didn't enclose ) than she will have me arrested for harassment. LMAO a KAREN if I ever ran into one... 

So what did I do... I this morning logged a MCOL small claims court action. The now Defendant has until the 30th of Aug. to reply or request a further 14 days extra. I also included the 8% fee and the court fee. until this is resolved. 

So overall I will push hard to get my money and I have what I believe all the proof I need. 

She even stated that she contacted the previous owner and knew nothing about a collision... And ironically it passed a MOT.. hmmm but the damage is recent.. it is 100% unroadworthy and the MOT cert didn't even have a single advisory on it. It would have clearly failed in a new york minute. 

So I for now wont be naming and shaming until AFTER the court decides ... And if I need to attend a court.. I hope it is local because driving to Derby is not acceptable.
ShortJohnSilver
ShortJohnSilver

Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:35 pm
Just for the record, what is a New York minute...?

Further, will you be requesting that the Defendant pay all further expenses in pursuing this case as fuel etc ain't cheap at the moment.

Sorry you're having to go through this Matey, just proves there are some really unscrupulous people around... but they chose the wrong guy to take foer a ride...

Admin likes this post

Admin
Admin
Admin

Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:59 pm
ShortJohnSilver wrote:Just for the record, what is a New York minute...?

Further, will you be requesting that the Defendant pay all further expenses in pursuing this case as fuel etc ain't cheap at the moment.

Sorry you're having to go through this Matey, just proves there are some really unscrupulous people around... but they chose the wrong guy to take foer a ride...
I have filed claims before and always won, primarily because I did my homework and knew I was in the right. 
Thankfully I believe this is still the case.  I can prove that I was mislead regarding its condition, And the car is not being disputed as unroadworthy. However the Defendant is disputing knowledge of the condition of the vehicle. However again this falls on the first part, and more.

Having been told her partner was a mechanic, ( bought online and via trust ) < have that in writing along with EVERYTHING I am saying. 

Was told the car is in " Perfect Mechanical Working order "   Not the case!!! in fact water in the oil etc speaks volumes. 

Was told of another minor fault just before pickup, again showing the lie and extent of con artists...... 

However they are thick as ! I did advise them to list the known faults on the receipt so that they had proof. But the seller didn't even listen to her partner and just wrote out the receipt ..no Sold as Seen ... Or Tested or SCRAP. 

Yep I am covering all my T's and dotting all my I's 

Sadly I can not add anything further onto the original claim. I already submitted it first thing in the morning after receiving the letter back from her claiming essentially that I am bullying and harassing her. LOL Seriously... I haven't spoken since notifying her. Oh well. And she is claiming to have received all her legal advice from the police LMAO   Lets place bets here on if I will win this case????

Odds at the moment are ????

However the odds of recovering my money in one lump sum will be 1% if I am lucky.... 

Recovering my money at all ... 5% 

Having to send a bailiff..     70%
Admin
Admin
Admin

Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:49 am
Independent inspection carried out today, 

Unroadworthy!

Long list..............    But done and being put in writing now. inspector was horrified at attempts to cover up accident damage.

ShortJohnSilver likes this post

tray
tray

Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:41 pm
Thank God this was all found out before you took it on the road with the family. Hopefully you get it sorted quickly

Admin and ShortJohnSilver like this post

SanMarino
SanMarino

Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:07 pm
Hi ace,
A few points if I may contribute

1. You are doing the right thing, it’s important people stand up to con artists and by following the law and potentially getting a CCJ against the seller not only will you be doing your service as a good citizen but they are likely to end up with bad credit rating for  a long time if they lose.

2. I can see from your video the damage is indeed recent. The white building silicone for the back glass is dangerous and let me explain why. The glass should be resin bonded so it assists in a crash, by siliconing it’s in the glass will offer no crash protection and it’s likely to eventually fail as it’s not designed to hold up the glass merely seal it from rain getting in.
The missing wheel arch is also a serious alarm bell, I am wondering if when driving the car you notice the steering is knocking or pulling in ome direction as it’s likely the suspension would have been damaged if the wheel collapsed into the wheel arch causing it to be removed.
The panel gaps around the front and back are also telling.
The non opening rear door is a concern - if the chassis has moved enough for the back doors to be jammed you may be looking at a write off or considerable structural work to pull it back out, it’s not a 5 minute job.

3. While you are complete right to go after a refund , it may be worth a second opinion on what work is required to put it right and how much it would cost.

4. The sellers letter was pathetic for so many reasons I don’t know where to start, but it seems you know your stuff and are aware their letter is no more than hot air and avoidance tactics.

5. You may already know this but not all accidents get recorded as accidents even when insurance claims are involved. This is likely the case for example of the 2 people in the car crash where friends and decided not to record a claim or only 1 car was involved in the crash, etc.
It’s my suspicion they purchased the car after it had been in a crash and have botched a repair.

All the best with the small claims court, they are not as daunting as people may think and the judges are normally reasonable especially if you can demonstrate you have tried to avoid going to court aka your letter.

Admin and ShortJohnSilver like this post

Admin
Admin
Admin

Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:16 am
SanMarino wrote:Hi ace,
A few points if I may contribute

1. You are doing the right thing, it’s important people stand up to con artists and by following the law and potentially getting a CCJ against the seller not only will you be doing your service as a good citizen but they are likely to end up with bad credit rating for  a long time if they lose.

2. I can see from your video the damage is indeed recent. The white building silicone for the back glass is dangerous and let me explain why. The glass should be resin bonded so it assists in a crash, by siliconing it’s in the glass will offer no crash protection and it’s likely to eventually fail as it’s not designed to hold up the glass merely seal it from rain getting in.
The missing wheel arch is also a serious alarm bell, I am wondering if when driving the car you notice the steering is knocking or pulling in ome direction as it’s likely the suspension would have been damaged if the wheel collapsed into the wheel arch causing it to be removed.
The panel gaps around the front and back are also telling.
The non opening rear door is a concern - if the chassis has moved enough for the back doors to be jammed you may be looking at a write off or considerable structural work to pull it back out, it’s not a 5 minute job.

3. While you are complete right to go after a refund , it may be worth a second opinion on what work is required to put it right and how much it would cost.

4. The sellers letter was pathetic for so many reasons I don’t know where to start, but it seems you know your stuff and are aware their letter is no more than hot air and avoidance tactics.

5. You may already know this but not all accidents get recorded as accidents even when insurance claims are involved. This is likely the case for example of the 2 people in the car crash where friends and decided not to record a claim or only 1 car was involved in the crash, etc.
It’s my suspicion they purchased the car after it had been in a crash and have botched a repair.

All the best with the small claims court, they are not as daunting as people may think and the judges are normally reasonable especially if you can demonstrate you have tried to avoid going to court aka your letter.

Thank you very much. You clearly know your stuff regarding cars as well. Once upon a time I was heavily into building and restoring cars and motorcycles. I loved them and still do. The problem is now being disabled and with very limited mobility it is extremely difficult to work on them myself. Hence paying for a mechanic to do the jobs I know need doing.. And some that I don't at times. 

Her letter was utterly rubbish to say the least, and this is not my first rodeo in small claims court, most will assume that I will get my money if I win. Sadly this is not the case as I once found out. I won and called the bailiffs on someone. But that was another $500+ down the drain MANY Years ago.... I never seen that money. 

I knew to keep detailed records to prove to the court that she is a compulsory liar and that she is a con artist. I gave her every chance to have the car returned .. Yes I would have arranged it for a refund. She declined. 

I have found detailed records to show that she is con artist by company house as well. That's something I will share later. But I have no fears that she will try to run away if I call the bailiffs this time. Assuming I win. 

The original details and past mot which was done in Feb of 2022 shown no advisories. This would have failed in a second if most of these problems were handed to a MOT centre for inspection. 

I am going to get it RE- MOT'd   that was the strong advice from the accident investigator who visited yesterday. The reason is that it can be pulled off the road and shown to be unroadworthy AND registered that with the DVLA. I have no plans to try to sell this car for other than SCRAP in the future. Because I have been told already it would be over £5k to repair to a roadworthy standard. Not showroom!

SanMarino
SanMarino

Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:06 am
Hi,
That is is good idea to get it sent in for a MOT , that way there can be no ambiguity when the judge reviews the case,

I fully understand your frustration with getting your money back, I know of others who have had the same experience with builders who simply closed the business down and started a new company with a similar name the next day.

The one thing you may wish to consider once the judge has ruled is to report it as a crime of fraud.
This will build up a record for the police as it’s likely this person has done this before and may do it again.
If the police can see a few victims of the same scammers, they can act and will get the support of the CPS to prosecute.
You may find that your police report is the 3rd or 4th report against this person, if this is correct you can request the police to investigate and prosecute.
The court judgement will not make it on to the police crime database you have to report it separately.

It’s also hassle for the scammer to constantly have bailiffs calling round, unable to get credit or pay high fees, declare bankruptcy on applications, etc.
while you are not guaranteed justice from a financial perspective you will get some justice knowing there lives are more difficult due to the deceit they have carried out.

Admin and The Cat's Mother like this post

Admin
Admin
Admin

Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:40 am
SanMarino wrote:Hi,
That is is good idea to get it sent in for a MOT , that way there can be no ambiguity when the judge reviews the case,

I fully understand your frustration with getting your money back, I know of others who have had the same experience with builders who simply closed the business down and started a new company with a similar name the next day.

The one thing you may wish to consider once the judge has ruled is to report it as a crime of fraud.
This will build up a record for the police as it’s likely this person has done this before and may do it again.
If the police can see a few victims of the same scammers, they can act and will get the support of the CPS to prosecute.
You may find that your police report is the 3rd or 4th report against this person, if this is correct you can request the police to investigate and prosecute.
The court judgement will not make it on to the police crime database you have to report it separately.

It’s also hassle for the scammer to constantly have bailiffs calling round, unable to get credit or pay high fees, declare bankruptcy on applications, etc.
while you are not guaranteed justice from a financial perspective you will get some justice knowing there lives are more difficult due to the deceit they have carried out.
Police already notified, under section 75 and as instructed by my solicitor I filed a police report. They would not act and tried to defer the unroadworthy condition as a Dealer only law. However under the subsections, and well everything I just wont type or copy on here.... the police are just not bothered. I do have a reference number and it seems great minds think alike.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum