The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
SanMarino
SanMarino

Bullion Coins the next 12 months?  Empty Bullion Coins the next 12 months?

Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:14 pm
It seems inevitable a economic slowdown is approaching.

If this is the case and it’s likely gold & silver will see the spot prices strengthen; will we actually see a downturn in bullion coin buying?

My theory is if people don’t have spare cash to buy bullion and the price has increased, will demand drop off or will the mints simply Produce less?

Silver unlike gold has a large industrial use, how will this factor into an economic slowdown?

AceBullion likes this post

tray
tray

Bullion Coins the next 12 months?  Empty Re: Bullion Coins the next 12 months?

Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:35 am
It will not stop Royal Mint releasing many every month, it is good to see they are selling secondhand coins now but very expensive

AceBullion likes this post

Admin
Admin
Admin
https://www.thepreciousmetalforum.com

Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:24 am
I do not see any signs of the market slowing down for bullion. I have a lot of coins to review coming out, Every mint is still producing and keeping it going hard and fast. I suspect there will still be a strong market for these. I personally am still collecting. My plans have not changed. 

I still maintain that there will likely be a drop in the precious metal prices as we go through this tunnel.

SanMarino and anch like this post

ArcaneCollector
ArcaneCollector

Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:47 pm
Word on the street is that a global economic crash is around the corner, so I think that many people are buying bullion to protect their wealth, keeping demand up, despite the high cost of living.

Admin likes this post

Admin
Admin
Admin

Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:05 pm
ArcaneCollector wrote:Word on the street is that a global economic crash is around the corner, so I think that many people are buying bullion to protect their wealth, keeping demand up, despite the high cost of living.

I think that is a great assumption. 

I stand with you on that theory.
ilank14
ilank14

Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:55 pm
I think people will want to put there money somewhere and when the FIAT currency's buying power drops usually bullion goes up... questions is will more of your stack be in gold or silver!?

Admin likes this post

SanMarino
SanMarino

Mon Aug 29, 2022 5:31 pm
I’ve recently read a few articles expecting gold to hit an overall downward trend until 2030 ; likewise I’ve read others stating gold could x5 in value if any western governments default on their debt payments and the currency needs to be re established.

None of the contributors I read expect silver to decline but not are many expecting it to rally, it simply doesn’t get the same attention.

Admin and ilank14 like this post

ilank14
ilank14

Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:00 am
We shall wait and see... price has dropped over the last week locally for myself

Admin likes this post

SanMarino
SanMarino

Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:20 pm
Price has dropped across the board

Gold to silver ratio back at 95

Admin and ilank14 like this post

SanMarino
SanMarino

Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:35 pm
The gold and silver price has been dropping since Jan although silver has more resistance than gold.
But the general rule is high inflation & high interest rates = gold prices drop so maybe there is further to fall yet?
SanMarino
SanMarino

Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:15 am
https://www.streetwisereports.com/article/2022/09/07/why-this-expert-believes-silver-investments-are-going-to-be-at-a-close-or-a-major-bottom.html

Admin likes this post

Admin
Admin
Admin

Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:23 pm
SanMarino wrote:https://www.streetwisereports.com/article/2022/09/07/why-this-expert-believes-silver-investments-are-going-to-be-at-a-close-or-a-major-bottom.html

After reading that article, one who knows would be buying Platinum as much as you can at this point. 

No only is it useful but it is mined almost exclusively in Russia.
ArcaneCollector
ArcaneCollector

Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:53 pm
SanMarino wrote:The gold and silver price has been dropping since Jan although silver has more resistance than gold.
But the general rule is high inflation & high interest rates = gold prices drop so maybe there is further to fall yet?

I’ve noticed the gold price going up, but that is more linked to the falling value of the Pound. If it reaches parity with the dollar as some suggest, then gold price will increase by 15% in the UK just due to this.

Admin likes this post

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum