The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://www.thepreciousmetalforum.com

Sunday, what are you up to today? Empty Sunday, what are you up to today?

Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:59 am
I am just logging off to go back into the workshop for the day.. or however long I can tolerate the pain for.

Good news I should after today be able to put a package together to be assayed... With a special Privy mark on it.

Yeah.... joyful.

lol

Not even sure it is worth it .... but will see.

Bondie likes this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Sunday, what are you up to today? Empty Re: Sunday, what are you up to today?

Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:17 pm
Oh ye of little faith! Course it'll be worth it.
I'm just mucking about reading yesterday's paper and playing on the internet.

Admin and Bondie like this post

Silvergirl555
Silvergirl555

Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:34 pm
Got some packages ready to go, and now I am going to see about posting a bit on here.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:12 am
Silvergirl555 wrote:Got some packages ready to go, and now I am going to see about posting a bit on here.  

Awesome. Now if I understand it correctly your back in my good old home country of the USA.

And if I am correct you do a bit of selling on Flea Bay.

If that is the case.... Can and would you be able to ship to the UK with some buyers requests? I know that a couple companies do ship to me only because I served in the USN. But some items I can not get and need to rely on friends and family to ship them to me.

Just asking as I am sure there might be a few here who want things.

Cool Cool Cool

Bondie likes this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:04 am
Well,  @Admin and  @Silvergirl555 , I have a little list, and it looks like eBay are being a pain again. The Silver Shield rounds that I want don't come over here much if at all, and the guy who has been my supplier for a few years has decided to retire from bullion dealing. Crying or Very sad

Admin, Bondie and Silvergirl555 like this post

Silvergirl555
Silvergirl555

Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:14 pm
I have quite a bit of silver shield. and if you get me a wish list I will see what I can do.

If others also want some I could send bulk to cat's mother and she could parcel out.

I will work out the best deal I can for you.

Glad to help if I can.

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:37 pm
I'm happy to help out, as long as I don't end up paying everybody's duty! lol!
Whatever people want, really, they may prefer to have their silver sent directly to them and pay the postage from you  @Silvergirl555 , rather than let me have their address. Let's see what happens.
In other news, I am away for a week* starting this coming Saturday, so I'll let you have a list after I get back, but a 1 oz proof ENSO is on it.
*Madeira, can't wait.  @Admin is looking forward to a week free of fear.

Admin, denby and Bondie like this post

Silvergirl555
Silvergirl555

Mon Mar 13, 2023 4:07 pm
I understand totally about seperate shipments. The postage really isn't too bad first class as long as there are a couple/few coins in it.  I will look out for an enso proof.  I think I only have the BU 'toilet swirls' as another dealer calls them.  lol

Admin likes this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Mon Mar 13, 2023 4:36 pm
Silvergirl555 wrote:I understand totally about seperate shipments. The postage really isn't too bad first class as long as there are a couple/few coins in it.  I will look out for an enso proof.  I think I only have the BU 'toilet swirls' as another dealer calls them.  lol
The other thing is that they would be paying you direct, as I wouldn't be happy about collecting all the payments and then sending them to you en bloc, so they had might as well pay for the lot. The cynic in me also says that the more parcels, the less chance of them all going missing in the post. Admin may want to do things differently, and that's fine as long as you aren't put to extra work and cost as a result.
I can see what your friend means about ENSO. I have the BU but the proof is elusive except as part of a hideously expensive package with two others. I also need the proof Don't Worry and Two Wolves (they were the ones that eBay decided couldn't be sent to me, and I had got a very good deal on them), and then the ongoing lunar series, V1, V2 and V3. The mint is a bit erratic as you know. I'm well on with the Catastrophe series, and assume there will just be the five - four on order already. After that there's the Eternity Alpha etc. Alpha and Bravo on order, Charlie is being offered on pre-order, and I assume they are going to go all the way to Zulu.
I seem to have given you my list.  Sunday, what are you up to today? 1f638

Admin, denby, Bondie and Silvergirl555 like this post

Admin
Admin
Admin

Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:17 pm
I am not saying a thing.... I was asking without being direct.
I know I want a few things. I just need a mule. I mean nice person to ship them to me LOL

Silvergirl555 likes this post

Silvergirl555
Silvergirl555

Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:36 pm
I really didn't think it all the way through... lol.  Separate shipments are necessary for all of those reasons.  Every man for himself.  haha Laughing

Admin likes this post

Admin
Admin
Admin

Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:30 pm
Silvergirl555 wrote:I really didn't think it all the way through... lol.  Separate shipments are necessary for all of those reasons.  Every man for himself.  haha Laughing

Plus it is easier ( so to speak to loose a small package ) than a BIG one!

That could be heart breaking.

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:34 am
Hello folks. I'm back now, so  @Admin and  @SilverTrader can start worrying.  Sunday, what are you up to today? 1f63d The cats are speaking to me again; I came back to two parcels, and another one arrived yesterday, so I'm doing well here.  @Silvergirl555 's shipment of two Silver Shield rounds (BU 'Don't Worry' and 'Two Wolves') is here and I'm well pleased; an eBay purchase of the Silver Shield 'Year of the Demon Rat' is now with me, and finally the 2 oz Pegasus with black pearl finish from Pobjoy Mint. The Pegasus was one I had been tempted by, but then the mint put it on a flash sale at 40% discount and I couldn't resist. I'm glad I didn't: the coin is gorgeous, and I'm not generally a fan of coloured coins. Then there's a parcel from Martin due next week. My cup runneth over!  Sunday, what are you up to today? 1f638

I'm not able to post photos, but here's a link to the Pegasus.
https://www.pobjoy.com/pegasus-2022-proof-fine-2oz-silver-with-a-pearl-black-finish-coin-bvi

Admin
Admin
Admin

Sun Mar 26, 2023 12:09 pm
Well you more than deserved having time away, And I am super glad the cats are talking to you again. I know that mine are a pain in the backside and become skittish for a day or two.

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Sun Mar 26, 2023 1:20 pm
Admin wrote:Well you more than deserved having time away, And I am super glad the cats are talking to you again. I know that mine are a pain in the backside and become skittish for a day or two.

I find that food helps enormously in winning back my masters' favour. lol!

Admin, denby and Bondie like this post

Jazz
Jazz

Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:04 pm
Just helping with ripping up the vinyl flooring for 5hrs straight

Admin likes this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:51 pm
Jazz wrote:Just helping with ripping up the vinyl flooring for 5hrs straight
I'm impressed @Jazz . I prefer supervision myself, with occasional brewing services. lol!

Admin and Jazz like this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:57 pm
After all my happy news, I've just been outbid on a plant on eBay. One of the cultivars of the carnivores that I grow, and had been after for quite a while. Rats!!!!!!  Sunday, what are you up to today? 1f63f   It went for £122, though, which was a little more than I was happy to pay so my sorrows might not take too long to drown.  Sunday, what are you up to today? 1f638
Admin
Admin
Admin

Sun Mar 26, 2023 8:42 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:After all my happy news, I've just been outbid on a plant on eBay. One of the cultivars of the carnivores that I grow, and had been after for quite a while. Rats!!!!!!  Sunday, what are you up to today? 1f63f   It went for £122, though, which was a little more than I was happy to pay so my sorrows might not take too long to drown.  Sunday, what are you up to today? 1f638
£122 for a PLANT!

Unless it has 5 ... ummm ok... you are ok.. walking away now.
Twisted Evil
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:32 pm
Admin wrote:
The Cat's Mother wrote:After all my happy news, I've just been outbid on a plant on eBay. One of the cultivars of the carnivores that I grow, and had been after for quite a while. Rats!!!!!!  Sunday, what are you up to today? 1f63f   It went for £122, though, which was a little more than I was happy to pay so my sorrows might not take too long to drown.  Sunday, what are you up to today? 1f638
£122 for a PLANT!

Unless it has 5 ... ummm ok... you are ok.. walking away now.
Twisted Evil
Rare sarracenias are pricey vegetables  @Admin , a different cultivar went for c£300 a few years ago - and these are sales, not asking prices. It's not like getting a tray of petunias from the garden centre. I'll get this one eventually.  Sunday, what are you up to today? 1f638

Admin likes this post

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum