The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://www.thepreciousmetalforum.com

Historic Britannia and Coronation coins 2023. Something you should own.  Empty Historic Britannia and Coronation coins 2023. Something you should own.

Mon Jul 17, 2023 1:20 pm
Britannia & Coronation Coins, 2023. Why I think these are Special and to be historic.

Rod Panhard and denby like this post

Rod Panhard
Rod Panhard

Historic Britannia and Coronation coins 2023. Something you should own.  Empty Re: Historic Britannia and Coronation coins 2023. Something you should own.

Mon Jul 17, 2023 1:26 pm
I ordered my Coronation Britannia the other day purely to keep my date run of Britannias going but I held my nose while doing so, this coin gave me the same dilemma as the Oriental border Britannias in that I'd dearly love to give them a miss but technically they are part of the Britannia series so a date run without them is incomplete.

Admin and denby like this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Historic Britannia and Coronation coins 2023. Something you should own.  Empty Re: Historic Britannia and Coronation coins 2023. Something you should own.

Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:03 pm
I don't really collect Britannias (but I do have the Oriental Border threesome), so I'm not bothered about date runs and I was just going to get the Coronation coin, but then I had another look at my list and I do have the 2023 Queen Elizabeth and King Charles Britannias, with King Charles shown not wearing a crown as is traditional on UK coin portraits of kings. Now the Mint has put out a crowned portrait on the Britannia (probably as a one off, post-Coronation, for the Coronation year), so I think I will complete the set. I imagine that the portraits for 2024 will revert to the uncrowned image and I can leave them alone again.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:20 pm
I think the un crowned King Charles was the unique one. I suspect the crown will now forever be shown on his these.

I do have on more related coin but I can not release that yet.

I just think what a moment in history. 3 Britannia's in one year. SCARY but hopefully one we wont see any time soon.

Rod Panhard likes this post

tray
tray

Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:40 pm
I have most of Elizabeth proofs Britannia may get this coronation one, just to finish the set

Admin
Admin
Admin

Mon Jul 17, 2023 8:29 pm
I need to buy a 1/10th gold King Charles with this year... I thought I did but I guess I didnt.

And I need to buy 2 Gold sovereigns

1 for 2022 and one for 2023.

That is my list of gold

And those will be officially my FIRST ever Sovereigns ( FULL Sovereigns )

The Cat's Mother, denby and tray like this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Wed Jul 19, 2023 2:36 pm
My coins arrived this lunchtime, and I'm very pleased with them. I think I can now leave the Britannias to their own devices until William's turn comes, assuming I survive that long.

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:12 pm

"I think the un crowned King Charles was the unique one. I suspect the crown will now forever be shown on his these."

Well, I've just had a newsletter from Bullion by Post advertising the 2024 Britannias. Charles is shown uncrowned.

Admin and Rod Panhard like this post

Rod Panhard
Rod Panhard

Tue Sep 19, 2023 6:17 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:
"I think the un crowned King Charles was the unique one. I suspect the crown will now forever be shown on his these."

Well, I've just had a newsletter from Bullion by Post advertising the 2024 Britannias. Charles is shown uncrowned.

Yes I think it's going to be the other way about so tubes of the crowed coronation issue might be the ones to plank away.

Admin likes this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Tue Sep 19, 2023 6:52 pm
It was always going to be that way. Charles is a traditionalist, and kings are not shown crowned on 'modern' UK coinage (queens are). They also face in opposite directions. The RM made it clear that the crowned head was only going to be minted in the coronation year and post-Coronation.

Admin and Rod Panhard like this post

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum