The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down

Pressburg Mint vs US Bullion Dealers Empty Pressburg Mint vs US Bullion Dealers

Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:33 pm
This morning, I ordered the Magnum Opus 2022 1oz silver proof coin from Pressburg Mint. The overriding reason is that the combined cost of the coin and shipping using a credit card is cheaper than the check/wire cost of the coin from bullion dealers here in the US. Truly amazing! For this specific coin, Pressburg saved me $32.00 USD over US competition.
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Pressburg Mint vs US Bullion Dealers Empty Re: Pressburg Mint vs US Bullion Dealers

Thu Jul 27, 2023 4:12 pm
That is a truly amazing saving Steve. It just shows the value in shopping around. If we didn't have Silver Trader that would be a no brainer over here. My only thought, though, is that sometimes using someone you trust compensates for a bit of a saving, but $32 is something else.

Admin likes this post

tray
tray

Pressburg Mint vs US Bullion Dealers Empty Re: Pressburg Mint vs US Bullion Dealers

Thu Jul 27, 2023 4:39 pm
That's a big saving. The mermaids I have just purchase, It was cheaper to buy it from America from scottsdale with the delivery themselves than eBay

Admin and The Cat's Mother like this post

Thu Jul 27, 2023 4:44 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:That is a truly amazing saving Steve. It just shows the value in shopping around. If we didn't have Silver Trader that would be a no brainer over here. My only thought, though, is that sometimes using someone you trust compensates for a bit of a saving, but $32 is something else.

It's very fortunate for you to have trustworthy, consistent and personable folks in Silver Trader and Ace Bullion. I don't have that kind of friendly relationship with bullion companies over here. Just cold online ordering. Well, sometimes I talk to people at these companies and they are nice. Still, the savings through Pressburg is something else and it's my second order from them.

Thu Jul 27, 2023 4:47 pm
tray wrote:That's a big saving. The mermaids I have just purchase, It was cheaper to buy it from America from scottsdale with the delivery themselves than eBay

It's pretty amazing how we can find cheaper deals from main sources overseas. Kudos to us!
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Thu Jul 27, 2023 4:48 pm
tray wrote:That's a big saving. The mermaids I have just purchase, It was cheaper to buy it from America from scottsdale with the delivery themselves than eBay

I already had the first mermaid, so all the postage ($30 from memory) would have been loaded on to one coin, so buying from the particular seller on eBay did make sense. He's a seller I've used a lot, and is very reliable.

Admin likes this post

Admin
Admin
Admin
https://www.thepreciousmetalforum.com

Fri Jul 28, 2023 10:31 am
There are a lot of coins across the globe that we all crave. I hope and still hope that this forum can help others get those coins cheaper though members working together.

I know I am after 5oz coins and America tends to have plenty of them that we in the UK never see.

But with the pressburgh mint... directly to the source from the USA is the smartest thing you could have done... well done.

Fri Jul 28, 2023 5:33 pm
Admin wrote:There are a lot of coins across the globe that we all crave. I hope and still hope that this forum can help others get those coins cheaper though members working together.

I know I am after 5oz coins and America tends to have plenty of them that we in the UK never see.

But with the pressburgh mint... directly to the source from the USA is the smartest thing you could have done... well done.

I wished Geiger shipped directly to individuals in the UK and US. Unfortunately, they only ship to individuals in EU countries. So I have to go through their distributors in the states.

Thu Aug 10, 2023 9:20 pm
Today, I just received the 2022 Tokelau Magnum Opus 1oz silver proof coin from Pressburg Mint. It truly is a masterpiece with art and design working together. 575 of 999 minted.

Regarding the Swarovski crystal, I found the Swarovski Crystal Business to be an interesting read. In 1892, Daniel Swarovski patented an electric cutting machine that facilitated the production of crystal glass. For generations, women have loved jewelry with this crystal glass. Now I have a piece of that history.

My only zonk is the round capsule it came in. The capsule will not close properly. Doesn't matter because I put the coin in a Quadrum Intercept capsule. Note: As always, shade will get in the way when taking pictures of these coins. That's why part of it will look dark on one side and bright on the other.

Pressburg Mint vs US Bullion Dealers Img20235
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Fri Aug 11, 2023 8:44 am
That is beautiful Steve, the minting looks exceptional. I'm glad you like the crystal inset, but that would spoil it for me. I know I am gradually coming round to some colour on a coin, but I am still firmly against any inserts of other materials. I'm also not keen on the 'sandwich' coins where there is a layer of copper in between two layers of silver.
I just have plain and simple tastes.  Pressburg Mint vs US Bullion Dealers 1f63d

Admin likes this post

Admin
Admin
Admin

Fri Aug 11, 2023 10:40 am
I did see this but having a glass crystal in / on a coin for me kind of puts me off. Even if it was a diamond.

Bullion / proofs / high reliefs etc should be metal, but then again I am considering breaking my own rule soon.

Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:59 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:That is beautiful Steve, the minting looks exceptional. I'm glad you like the crystal inset, but that would spoil it for me. I know I am gradually coming round to some colour on a coin, but I am still firmly against any inserts of other materials. I'm also not keen on the 'sandwich' coins where there is a layer of copper in between two layers of silver.
I just have plain and simple tastes.  Pressburg Mint vs US Bullion Dealers 1f63d

The three micro engravings of Magnum Opus on this coin cannot be seen with the naked eye. I had to use a magnifying 🔍 with the right light angle to see such details. I completely understand that many folks have no desire for crystal insets and other materials. My Captain Cook colorized coin should arrive today or tomorrow.

Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:03 pm
Admin wrote:I did see this but having a glass crystal in / on a coin for me kind of puts me off. Even if it was a diamond.

Bullion / proofs / high reliefs etc should be metal, but then again  I am considering breaking my own rule soon.

With so many options for coins these days, there is something for everyone. Cool
Admin
Admin
Admin

Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:18 pm
Periodic Table wrote:
Admin wrote:I did see this but having a glass crystal in / on a coin for me kind of puts me off. Even if it was a diamond.

Bullion / proofs / high reliefs etc should be metal, but then again  I am considering breaking my own rule soon.

With so many options for coins these days, there is something for everyone. Cool

I started stacking first.. large bars, and the generic coins. ASE Maples and Britannia's Then it just exploded with designs. It must have been about 9 years ago now... not quite sure how long exactly.. but yeah.. scary.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum