The Precious Metal Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Go down

Pressburg Mint Empty Pressburg Mint

Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:24 pm
I just received an email from Pressburg Mint stating that they will be closing their online shop at www.pressburgmint.com and will continue selling their products through their worldwide list of distributors, which will become available on their website in January 2024.

The online shop will be closing on December 1st, and orders are still accepted until then.
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Pressburg Mint Empty Re: Pressburg Mint

Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:16 am
That's helpful @Periodic Table , thank you.

denby likes this post

Silverlocks
Silverlocks

Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:15 pm
Pity. They have a lot of their designs in 1/10 gold, but I've never seen them anywhere but on their site. Pressburg's designs are a bit love-or-hate, but I like some of their stuff.

Admin and denby like this post

Admin
Admin
Admin
https://www.thepreciousmetalforum.com

Thu Nov 23, 2023 11:58 am
This is a worrying sign and one of being desperate. I wont go into it more.

But I do know they made some deal with a company in the UK to supply these coins. Sadly that means at a inflated price. I am not happy and when I am well again I will approach them to secure our place on that list.

MisterNoName likes this post

Thu Nov 23, 2023 12:57 pm
Admin wrote:This is a worrying sign and one of being desperate. I wont go into it more.

But I do know they made some deal with a company in the UK to supply these coins. Sadly that means at a inflated price. I am not happy and when I am well again I will approach them to secure our place on that list.

Pressburg has their first gold bars on pre-sale for release in December. Five and ten grams along with one ounce bars. APMEX is the only US company that has a decent line of their offerings.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Fri Nov 24, 2023 9:15 am
Periodic Table wrote:
Admin wrote:This is a worrying sign and one of being desperate. I wont go into it more.

Pressburg has their first gold bars on pre-sale for release in December. Five and ten grams along with one ounce bars. APMEX is the only US company that has a decent line of their offerings.

I have noticed several dealers starting to show some of their products. Apmex is one of them which was a surprise.

Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:15 am
Admin wrote:I have noticed several dealers starting to show some of their products. Apmex is one of them which was a surprise.

My best guess is that Pressburg is trying to expand their reach through firm contracts with dealers.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:27 am
Periodic Table wrote:
Admin wrote:I have noticed several dealers starting to show some of their products. Apmex is one of them which was a surprise.

My best guess is that Pressburg is trying to expand their reach through firm contracts with dealers.

Honestly I fear that is not the case. They have been in decline since a change in ownership. And now they sorted some of many problems out they hit us with this.

I also think Germania might be in a bit of bother. That is something to wait and see. I hope not and I hope they return to their roots and make a recovery. But they are one mint to watch.

Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:05 pm
Admin wrote:

Honestly I fear that is not the case. They have been in decline since a change in ownership. And now they sorted some of many problems out they hit us with this.

I also think Germania might be in a bit of bother. That is something to wait and see. I hope not and I hope they return to their roots and make a recovery. But they are one mint to watch.

Whatever the situation, I hope they keep their heads above water.
Silverlocks
Silverlocks

Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:31 pm
Admin wrote:[ . . . ]

That's a bit sad - I see their silver bars all over the secondary market, so they seemed to be doing pretty well. Maybe they've overextended themselves.

Admin and AceBullion like this post

MisterNoName
MisterNoName

Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:25 am
The published their retail list:

https://pressburgmint.com/where-to-buy/

I like the look of Chronos and want the whole set.

Admin likes this post

Admin
Admin
Admin

Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:01 pm
MisterNoName wrote:The published their retail list:

https://pressburgmint.com/where-to-buy/

I like the look of Chronos and want the whole set.

I am doing the review on this tomorrow and will be showing the entire series.

Yep.

MisterNoName likes this post

Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:10 am
Good news. Today, I received my last order directly from the Pressburg Mint. The order (ten-gram gold bar & 2023 Chronos proof-like coin) was placed in November, and I was told that it was okay to order the presale10 gram gold bar at that time. My idea for ordering directly from them was to get a low number on the bar. Anyway, mid-December was the time they would mail their newly designed bars. Well, that month passed, and I was thinking about what @Admin said in relation to potential problems he stated in this thread.

By early January, I contacted Pressburg about my order. They said they would get back with me but there was no further response. Again, I contacted them in early February. They said there was probably a mix-up in their transition from direct retail orders to sales through their new worldwide retailer plans. Also, they would include a freebie. After that, I heard nothing further.

I was really happy to see the package arrive today and felt a great sigh of relief. The gold bar is a beautiful design, and they even blend the design of the essay card with the top front of the bar. Plus, I got a decent low number. The second item is the 2023 Chronos proof-like coin.

Pressburg Mint Img20276
Pressburg Mint Img20277
Pressburg Mint Img20278

Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:11 am
The freebie is their newest Chronos BU coin.

Pressburg Mint Img20279
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:47 am
I'm very happy for you @Periodic Table . It's always a worry when things look like they're going awry and there's not much you can do about it. The gold bar does look a beauty, and it's really good how the design has blended with the card.

Admin likes this post

Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:36 am
The Cat's Mother wrote:I'm very happy for you  @Periodic Table . It's always a worry when things look like they're going awry and there's not much you can do about it. The gold bar does look a beauty, and it's really good how the design has blended with the card.

Thanks TCM. It was a worry. I hope you're having a good time Down Under. The train trip sounds like a lot of fun. I imagine you've had an eye out for precious metals there.
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:59 am
Periodic Table wrote:
The Cat's Mother wrote:I'm very happy for you  @Periodic Table . It's always a worry when things look like they're going awry and there's not much you can do about it. The gold bar does look a beauty, and it's really good how the design has blended with the card.

Thanks TCM. It was a worry. I hope you're having a good time Down Under. The train trip sounds like a lot of fun. I imagine you've had an eye out for precious metals there.

The train was a lot of fun. Especially showering on the move in approx. 0.5 sq. metre floorspace.  Pressburg Mint 1f638 Seriously though, it was great. Highlights of the overall trip were cuddling a baby Tamanian Devil and watching wild platypuses in Tasmania. Also, riding an antique carousel in Geelong - old carousels are a particular favourite of mine (but I can't stand the pastel plastic reproductions that seem to be in every gift shop). I may well also have made a visit to the Queensland Mint and made a very small purchase .....

Admin likes this post

Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:39 am
The Cat's Mother wrote:
The train was a lot of fun. Especially showering on the move in approx. 0.5 sq. metre floorspacePressburg Mint 1f638 Seriously though, it was great. Highlights of the overall trip were cuddling a baby Tamanian Devil and watching wild platypuses in Tasmania. Also, riding an antique carousel in Geelong - old carousels are a particular favourite of mine (but I can't stand the pastel plastic reproductions that seem to be in every gift shop). I may well also have made a visit to the Queensland Mint and made a very small purchase .....

That's funny about the shower. Reminds me of how tight bathrooms are in aircraft. Cuddling the baby Tasmanian Devil and seeing the platypuses is a unique experience. I saw a documentary on Tasmania and thought how beautiful it is with the diverse land, wildlife and different climates around the island.

I don't know if you collect stamps but in 2022, Canada released the Vintage Carousels stamp booklet. It has a set of 5 mint booklet stamps.

Pressburg Mint S-l12010
The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:56 am
That's interesting  @Periodic Table , but I don't collect stamps. Nice to see the pictures though. Tasmania is beautiful, and there's a lot of history there.
Anyway, the bruises from the shower are fading now, and we're having a final fling tonight before flying back to Singapore tomorrow. My sort-of cousin (our mothers were second cousins) lives near Brisbane, and we were going to meet for lunch today. However, her children had other ideas, so we're all getting together this evening at a local beer garden/pizza place. At least our pick-up isn't until 11.15 tomorrow morning, and I've just got the last load of washing into the dryer, so I might just get the packing done before we have to leave.
We should be back home by Friday morning UK time, by which time another three loads of washing will have materialised in the cases.

Admin and tray like this post

tray
tray

Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:32 am
Safe travels home

Admin likes this post

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:43 am
tray wrote:Safe travels home

Thank you @tray

Admin likes this post

Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:02 am
Have a safe and enjoyable trip back home.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:12 am
Be safe TCM

And I am soo happy they shipped it out to you despite you not being an authorised dealer.

PHEW.

That is and was a relief.

The Cat's Mother
The Cat's Mother

Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:08 am
Thank you both @Periodic Table and @Admin . I'msure Singapore Airlines will look after us. The airports, now, are a different matter entirely.

Admin likes this post

Admin
Admin
Admin

Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:07 pm
The Cat's Mother wrote:Thank you both  @Periodic Table and  @Admin . I'msure Singapore Airlines will look after us. The airports, now, are a different matter entirely.

We are eagerly awaiting your return Cool
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum